The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Where did Lyles come from? and only 1 guy said Kaminsky.

Hezo, Winslow, Mudiay. All will be better than DD.
    I was just mentioning players that are around that range on draft boards...

Don't state your opinion as fact. Hez and Winslow are rated about the same as prospects as DeRozan was in 2009.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Why would we trade for a prospect who will take 4 years to become as good as DeRozan and no better... That doesn't make sense.
      As for the 4 years, better to have a fringe all-star in 4 years to pair with JV's prime and other pieces than a fringe all-star to pair with a 30 yr old Lowry's prime and a bunch of guys not ready to compete.

This team isn't a contender. In 4 years, certainly possible
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        You guys are killing me. We already own the worst of the Knicks and Denver picks next year. Why screw that pick up for a pick in a less deep draft with numerous health issues in this part of the lottery and give away a top 10 SG? I'm not saying don't trade DeMar. I'm saying this is not close to enough. And more importantly, we improve them for the short-term, make our pick next year worse for a pick with little guarantee.
        who does demar help them leap frog in the west?

Comment

I was just mentioning players that are around that range on draft boards...

Don't state your opinion as fact. Hez and Winslow are rated about the same as prospects as DeRozan was in 2009.
          How are they rated the same as DD in 2009? Would love to see some proof of that.

EVERYTHING IS OPINION CAUSE WITHOUT A TIME MACHINE WE CAN'T KNOW WHO WILL BE BETTER!!!!!

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We also need to remember that rumor isn't really from a great source. RealGM actually locked a similar thread (not saying anything against the mods, just want to point out that Woj/Stein/etc didn't report this).

Comment

How are they rated the same as DD in 2009? Would love to see some proof of that.

EVERYTHING IS OPINION CAUSE WITHOUT A TIME MACHINE WE CAN'T KNOW WHO WILL BE BETTER!!!!!
              I said about the same which means the same thing as similar. I guess it's hard to say that for sure but NBADraft.net has Winslow as a 97 with Chandler/Harden comparisons, DeRozan at 95 with Vince and Hez at 94 with Rex Chapman.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                Doesn't matter what the true reality is, it only matters what reality the Raptors sell them on.

Comment

We also need to remember that rumor isn't really from a great source. RealGM actually locked a similar thread (not saying anything against the mods, just want to point out that Woj/Stein/etc didn't report this).
                  Stein is reporting talks between Grizz and Nuggets regarding Gali at this moment.

Comment

I said about the same which means the same thing as similar. I guess it's hard to say that for sure but NBADraft.net has Winslow as a 97 with Chandler/Harden comparisons, DeRozan at 95 with Vince and Hez at 94 with Rex Chapman.
                    97 > 95 right? Improvement plus Gallo was 93.

Return greater than send out = good trade.

Comment

Where did Lyles come from? and only 1 guy said Kaminsky.

Hezo, Winslow, Mudiay. All will be better than DD.
                      Says who?

Hezo is well coached, but didn't make noise until workouts. Winslow measured poorly and no one knows how Mudiay will do since he played only a handful of games this year and his injuries were treated by doctors no one has heard of.

THEN look at next year. Currently, Jamal Murray, who is highly rated on these boards, and just committed to Kentucky, is the 21st ranked prospect. That is a DEEP draft. Why would you mess with that Denver pick that the Raps own?

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Says who?

Hezo is well coached, but didn't make noise until workouts. Winslow measured poorly and no one knows how Mudiay will do since he played only a handful of games this year and his injuries were treated by doctors no one has heard of.

THEN look at next year. Currently, Jamal Murray, who is highly rated on these boards, and just committed to Kentucky, is the 21st ranked prospect. That is a DEEP draft. Why would you mess with that Denver pick that the Raps own?

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
                        You aren't messing with the Denver pick. If Demar can't lead Toronto passed Washington in the East, what the hell is he going to do out West? This is just a ridiculous train of thought.

I would wager multiple scouts would agree that all of those player project better than DD.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Probably no one. But, I'm not talking about leap frogging I'm talking about draft odds. 1 win could mean the difference between a top 10 pick and a pick in the teens.

Comment

• http://www.si.com/edge/2015/06/23/nb...nslow-training

If you haven't read this about Winslow, you should.

Comment

• JV to Lakers for Randle + Future 1st round pick
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

You aren't messing with the Denver pick. If Demar can't lead Toronto passed Washington in the East, what the hell is he going to do out West? This is just a ridiculous train of thought.

I would wager multiple scouts would agree that all of those player project better than DD.
                                If there's any truth to the rumor, and if MU is as sly a genius as we hope he is, maybe he can work a provision into the trade with Denver that swaps 2016 first round pick rights, so that the Raptors get the better of the Denver/NYK 1st round pick.

I would swing that deal if Mudiay or Winslow are available.

I'd also look to trade Lowry (especially if Mudiay is drafted) and flip Gallinari.

Comment

Working...
                                X