No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I trust in Masai ... He will have a late first round pick but this will not stop him for swinging for the fences and going after a guy with all the tools to become an AllStar in future.

Look at Bruno, has all the tools, has shown promises already and is on his way to be an All Star in few years.

Can miracle happen twice in a row and MU strike gold again late in the first round ??

I think he can.

Comment

• Would Christian Wood be an option with our 1st round draft pick?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I can say the bold with conviction because Kaminsky is realistically a top 15 player in the draft and we will be picking in the mid-20s. Doubt that a top 10 pick falls that far.
        I'm just not sure how much potential Kaminsky has of becoming a good nba player. If the best he can become is Ryan Anderson I don't think that he should be a lottery pick. There is something to be said for a guy who can contribute quickly and become a good role player, but MU has shown that he picks for a guy with potential to become a good-great nba player. I agree with Ujiri on this, which is why I would rather pick someone like Lucas or Malik Pope ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRocVAYimMg ) Napier and McDermott were both probably at about the same level as Kaminsky coming out of college (McDermott won the Wooden award and Napier tore up the NCAA tournament) and neither one has proven much thus far in the NBA. Tyler Hansbourgh was the National College Player of the Year and was picked 13th overall... Kaminsky is better than Tyler, but just saying, excellence in college does not always transfer into excellence in the NBA.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          I trust in Masai ... He will have a late first round pick but this will not stop him for swinging for the fences and going after a guy with all the tools to become an AllStar in future.

Look at Bruno, has all the tools, has shown promises already and is on his way to be an All Star in few years.

Can miracle happen twice in a row and MU strike gold again late in the first round ??

I think he can.
          I believe in Masai, the problem is I don't believe in the Raps player development. This is an issue especially if there are multiple projects and the team is trying to win as many games as possible; there is no way the players will get all the time they need to develop in practice or in games. Look at Noel in Philly, he gets so much time with Brown the head coach, that he is progressing much faster than I personally thought he would. Casey is focusing on winning which is GREAT, but also means that Bruno, Bebe and to a lesser extent Ross cannot get as much time to work on their own personal game with coaches.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
            I trust in Masai ... He will have a late first round pick but this will not stop him for swinging for the fences and going after a guy with all the tools to become an AllStar in future.

I think he can.
            Bruno has not shown to be a miracle nor has any gold been produced on that pick. I hold out hope that Bruno becomes a decent NBA player, but he by no means is the future of this team as it stands now.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I was just reading ESPN and a couple of guys that sound like good fits are Kris Dunn, a PG from Providence, and and Malik Pope, a 6-10 sf/pf from san diego state.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                Bruno has not shown to be a miracle nor has any gold been produced on that pick. I hold out hope that Bruno becomes a decent NBA player, but he by no means is the future of this team as it stands now.
                I imagine he is referencing Faried and Fournier, who Masai picked in the mid 20's in DEN.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                  I was just reading ESPN and a couple of guys that sound like good fits are Kris Dunn, a PG from Providence, and and Malik Pope, a 6-10 sf/pf from san diego state.
                  I like Kris Dunn to. A blog I really like has an objective projection rankings post which ranked him 5th overall which is interesting. This alone isn't enough to select him, but it seems like in the 20s he would be well worth it. This projection also ranked Whiteside below just Anthony Davis, Melo and KD coming out of Whitesides freshman year at Marshall.

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/

Comment

• Pope looks interesting.... but we have 2 guys in the wings at SF (Bruno & Daniels). We needed the help there now, not next year.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Pope looks interesting.... but we have 2 guys in the wings at SF (Bruno & Daniels). We needed the help there now, not next year.
                      I was thinking more of a potential stretch 4 and rim protector. Also if Bruno turns out to be a good player them being able to switch on the fly would be beneficial

Comment

• The guy that i would love to see the Raps target in the 2nd round is Pangos.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          That #12 pick that became Jeremy Lamb brought Kyle Lowry to the Raptors and then was the main part of the trade that brought James Harden to the Rockets. A bird in the hand....
                          Jeremy Lamb was traded with Kevin Martin and our 12th pick (which became Steven Adams), for James Harden.

Comment

• Is it too late to win the lottery for this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL_-5MjUrI4

I'm only kidding I don't want the Raps to tank.

Comment

• Here's someone no one talks about: Amida Brimah.

He's basically everything we need in a back up C. Length, shot blocking, mobility. IQ is low, but fixable. 2nd round would be great.

(Could be Whiteside 2.0)

Comment

• LEXINGTON, Ky. – Trey Lyles was named SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday after a breakout week in which he led top-ranked Kentucky to a pair of wins, including a Southeastern Conference championship-clinching win over No. 18/16 Arkansas.
                                Lyles picked up the honor for the second time this season. Lyles and the Wildcats have now hauled in 11 SEC Freshman of the Week accolades in the last 16 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X