• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Draft prospects:

- Delon Wright
    - Kevon Looney
    - Robert Upshaw

Upshaw would be worth a 2nd rounder if we get one. Wright would be a nice fit, large PG, aggressive defender, would hopefully mean less Vasquez.

Looney might be BPA when Raps pick. Certainly BNA (best name available).

Comment

• Dekker may have shot his back into our draft range. Guy would be a perfect fit for us. Good size, defends, shoots. Loved the way he crashed the boards last night too.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I know this is going to sound completely crazy, but I don't love Okafor as a prospect. He has ball skills, but his horrendous FTs worry me and he seems to disappear, A LOT. His footwork is mediocre (although that could be in part due to last night's comparison to Kaminsky; who has phenomenal footwork) and if he can't over-power his defender, I don't think he'll score.

Personally, I think Justice Winslow will have the better NBA career. Dude looks the part already, great frame and athleticism. Aggressive off the bounce and driving the rim. Defends well. I think he will probably be the best player from this draft when it's all said and done.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Haven't been keeping up on Raptors news much lately, but didn't MU say he was looking to draft for need and not BPA? What are the clear needs on the roster. I would say outside shooting, play making and rebounding are the biggest needs.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Haven't been keeping up on Raptors news much lately, but didn't MU say he was looking to draft for need and not BPA? What are the clear needs on the roster. I would say outside shooting, play making and rebounding are the biggest needs.
            The biggest need is talent

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Dekker may have shot his back into our draft range. Guy would be a perfect fit for us. Good size, defends, shoots. Loved the way he crashed the boards last night too.
              I dunno, after watching the game last night, Dekker kind of scares me. Haven't watched him that closely, but I wasn't overly impressed. Seems a bit slow footed, even at the college level. Maybe it was just because his shot wasn't falling, but he also looked a bit timid. His athleticism reminds me a bit of Linas Kleiza, which is great at any level just below the NBA.

Kaminsky on the other hand.... straight up stud. Skills, heart and BBIQ through the roof.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                I dunno, after watching the game last night, Dekker kind of scares me. Haven't watched him that closely, but I wasn't overly impressed. Seems a bit slow footed, even at the college level. Maybe it was just because his shot wasn't falling, but he also looked a bit timid. His athleticism reminds me a bit of Linas Kleiza, which is great at any level just below the NBA.

Kaminsky on the other hand.... straight up stud. Skills, heart and BBIQ through the roof.
                Oh, if I thought Kaminsky would be available, I'd choose him. He'll be a lottery pick for sure though. His footwork is beautiful for a big guy as well.

Dekker has good size (6'9) for the SF position. I've watched a lot of him the last two years. I think he may have looked slow last night because Duke was often switching on screens and using 3 guard line-ups. So a smaller guy (Grayson Allen mostly in the 2nd half) was on Dekker. I would have liked to see him get the ball in the post more last night, but I don't call the plays.

I don't think he looked that timid, Bo Ryan runs a pretty tight ship, so players look for the offence within the flow; you won't see a player "taking over" with the ball. Consequently, they are the best in the nation for not turning the ball over, so hard to knock Dekker for following the system here.

Overall, he has a nice blend of shooting and size, ideal for the SF position. He plays for a pretty demanding coach who holds all of his players accountable on both ends of the court, so you can expect Dekker to work hard to defend his man. He wont be a star, but not many in our range will be. Dekker looks like a solid NBA player for many years, kinda like Mo Pete was for us.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Maybe. He's a great player. Just named the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four. Is it possible to trade an entire team for one player though? i had no idea!
                  Ha ha. Was just bugging you. You admitted you overreacted. I may have over reached based on your over reaction : )

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I noticed it last night, after he took the elbow in the face he wasn't the same for the rest of the game, unfortunately. The rest of the tournament certainly wasn't timid though.

Comment

• If that Utah pick is gettable, I think it's worth Ujiri looking into, depending on what his 'areas of need' are. If he's looking at targeting a PG for example, there's probably not going to be a massive difference in guys available around #11 and #20... guys like Grant, Dunn, Rozier, Wright, all seem to be in roughly the same tier, so I don't see a lot of advantage in trying to aggressively move up to grab one.
                      On the other hand, if you're targeting PF, there seems to be a much bigger drop-off: at 11, probably one or more of Porzingis, Lyles, and Turner are available, and those guys are significantly better than the guys likely available around 20, like Looney, Harrell, Wood, and Portis.

Comment

Dekker may have shot his back into our draft range. Guy would be a perfect fit for us. Good size, defends, shoots. Loved the way he crashed the boards last night too.
                        Don't let the ncaa tourney fool you Dekker needs to improve his shooting to play SF in the NBA.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I know this is going to sound completely crazy, but I don't love Okafor as a prospect. He has ball skills, but his horrendous FTs worry me and he seems to disappear, A LOT. His footwork is mediocre (although that could be in part due to last night's comparison to Kaminsky; who has phenomenal footwork) and if he can't over-power his defender, I don't think he'll score.

Personally, I think Justice Winslow will have the better NBA career. Dude looks the part already, great frame and athleticism. Aggressive off the bounce and driving the rim. Defends well. I think he will probably be the best player from this draft when it's all said and done.
                          A lot of the Duke fans say he's s pretty lazy rebounder and defender

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Don't let the ncaa tourney fool you Dekker needs to improve his shooting to play SF in the NBA.
                            Career (college) 34.8% from deep. Every player needs to improve from college, but I'm not that worried about it.

I've been following Dekker for a lot longer than this year. Wanted to draft him last year, so no tourney-coloured-glasses for me.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              A lot of the Duke fans say he's s pretty lazy rebounder and defender
                              All the more reason for him to fit in with the NBA

Comment

All the more reason for him to fit in with the NBA
                                I'd personally draft Karl Anthony-Towns before Okafor.

Comment

Working...
                                X