Curry
    Cousins....

all great sleepers. Get it done

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Wow, that's very specific knowledge
      ceez wrote: View Post
      it's almost like Axel IS Vonleh
      Vonleh was my highest ranked PF for this draft (I see Love like potential but better D) and the rookie I drafted in the RR dynasty, so yeah I've read a lot of him.

He is raw which is why he dropped but he's younger than most of his draft class, has a great physical makeup and is a natural rebounder. He's going to be a great stretch four.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

notice he never actually comes out and says he isn't Vonleh
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

notice he never actually comes out and says he isn't Vonleh
          I've never seen them in the same room together

Comment

Wow, that's very specific knowledge
            Lol

It was in an article leading up to last year. Boston Globe I think.

Comment

Vonleh to me was the 5th best prospect in the draft.

1.) Bruno (this is obviously a joke, please no one kill me)
              2.) Embiid
              3.) Wiggins
              4.) Jabari
              5.) Vonleh

Comment

Charlotte is supposedly open for business...but I can't believe they'd give up on Vonleh so soon.

He was obviously one of the better prospects in the draft, however his rawness and position "hurt" his stock.

Everyone knew what the top 3 would be. After that it was a lot harder to judge BPA, so team needs were a big factor I think.

It was a huge shock to me that Orlando went for Gordon so high over a guy like Vonleh. Fully expected them to take Vonleh, especially since they seemed big on Payton (who they traded for) over Exum. Guess they chose the more versatile defensive player, and their roster really does lack D.

But after that?
                Utah....was obviously not going to take another raw young big with Favors, Kanter and Gobert on the roster.
                Boston....same thing sort of. They're already developing Olynyk and Sullinger, and lack a lot of young talent on the perimeter.
                LAL....couldn't afford to take a player who wasn't at all ready for the NBA with the pressure to not put a totally terrible team around Kobe...Feel really bad for Randle for getting injured, but fuck the Lakers.
                Sacto....also didn't need a raw big to develop, but desperately needed to add some shooting. Stauskas was always going to go 8 or 9 (Charlotte also needs shooting)
                Charlotte...Vonleh basically feel into their lap because it made little sense for any team ahead of them other than Orlando to draft him.

---

Could probably get guys like Biyombo, Zeller, MKG, Henderson (who's been confirmed as on the market), etc....Think they'll ask for too much for any of them except maybe Biyombo.

Comment

hmmm what was it that made him drop then?
                  Not entirely sure, maybe Vonleh (Axel) knows more than I, but there was question of his lack of playing time in college and stats. For instance, he was seen as a threat from behind the three point line, but he only took 33 threes (30 games). I also feel like he didn't do a lot of post ups. So basically, if I remember correctly he was kind of an unknown-ish, because he wasn't highly used in Indiana's offense. May be something else though.

Comment

We could realistically trade for Biyombo. LolHornets are having a fire sale of some sorts and we should pry away Bismack.

He helps in everything we struggle at, which is Rim Protection and Rebounding all of which goes to hell when Jonas is subbed out.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      We could realistically trade for Biyombo. LolHornets are having a fire sale of some sorts and we should pry away Bismack.

He helps in everything we struggle at, which is Rim Protection and Rebounding all of which goes to hell when Jonas is subbed out.
                      I don't think they would want a lot for him though, because he is their only rim protector. So to get him, you would either need to give them more rim protection or shooting i'd imagine, which isn't really worth it for the Raps. Also MKG is so important to their defense that I can't see them giving him up.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        KD
                        Lebron
                        rose
                        Thompson
                        Curry
                        Cousins....

all great sleepers. Get it done
                        Yeah, I've heard KD is such a great sleeper, you could do a tuba rendering of the looney tunes theme and he wouldn't wake up
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I've never seen them in the same room together

They were both at my niece's birthday party last week.

myth busted
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            They were both at my niece's birthday party last week.

myth busted
                            I don't fraternize with Bengals fans, so that is obviously a lie.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Vonleh was my highest ranked PF for this draft (I see Love like potential but better D) and the rookie I drafted in the RR dynasty, so yeah I've read a lot of him.

He is raw which is why he dropped but he's younger than most of his draft class, has a great physical makeup and is a natural rebounder. He's going to be a great stretch four.
                              Yeah, love Vonleh. If we can pry him away that would be amazing. I think it's been said but the only problem is will the coaching staff develop so many raw prospects?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, love Vonleh. If we can pry him away that would be amazing. I think it's been said but the only problem is will the coaching staff develop so many raw prospects?
                                Yeah that is my concern too (in fact, I'm the one who said it earlier) but that said, if given the chance of a deal, say Patterson and a first, I do it and take my chances. Vonleh and Bruno both seem like hard workers who want to be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X