No announcement yet.

Game 58: Raptors @ Hornets, Fri Feb 25, 2022, 7:00 PM, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should throw out this game entirely. It never happened.

Comment

Raps weren’t mentally there from the tip. Lots of turnovers and other mistakes straightaway and they never recovered. Looked completely out of it. Don’t see that very often. I’d expect a much better performance tonight.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

You were expecting us to be a contender this year?

You need a superstar to be a true contender unless you're very fortunate and find lightning in a bottle one playoff.
        Masai has to show the ability to attract a superstar FA here, it's not being done through organic growth (I don't think Scotty's ceiling is superstar) and it's once in a lifetime through a trade. Without finding "that guy" I think teams are left trying to win a round or two or hoping for the lightning concept.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
          They're going to be facing another hungry team tomorrow then b2b against Brooklyn. This is not good. There's no one to blame but Ujiri. I like Thad Young but he's redundant. They didn't really address what they need at the deadline: a C and a shooter/playmaker. To make it worse he traded away this year's 1st.
          I think Masai finally made it clear that he doesn't believe this team is a contender and couldn't make it one at the trade deadline. Combined with his prior comments re the play-in, I think he's more pro-tank than he lets on (or maybe the average fan wants to hear).

I don't think Sixers fans are really caring too much about their tank years right now....

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think Masai finally made it clear that he doesn't believe this team is a contender and couldn't make it one at the trade deadline. Combined with his prior comments re the play-in, I think he's more pro-tank than he lets on (or maybe the average fan wants to hear).

I don't think Sixers fans are really caring too much about their tank years right now....
            Nah.. a pro tank team doesn't trade their first round pick to move 10-15 spots back in the draft for a win now player. If they were pro tank and were willing to move the pick then they would have gotten a prospect under control. Not a 33 year old expiring contract, that doesn't really help them with cap space in the summer.

The problem is you can't use last night's game as a barometer for anything. That team did not show up after their vacation. It's a one off, terrible performance. They will right their ship and still aim for 6th in the East. Their only hope is that Cleveland keeps losing, as that's the team they will be chasing for the 6th spot.

Comment

well that was ugly, i guess people made the all star game and avoided trade deadline moves so we good now.

mission accomplished

Comment

Website is back up.

Back to back shit games isn't fun. Gotta get it together before it really starts getting out of hand.

Comment

Honestly Birch has to ride the pine….he is a major detriment on TEAM defense most especially while OG is out.

The 13 minutes he was given against the Hawks was wasted and could have been given to Precious who was playing really really well.

Birch for some reason just had no life, no energy and no enthusiasm since he came back from injury. He is basically just running up and down the floor, set a weak pick and then just stationary down low.

He has totally affected team chemistry.

Comment

After been recently unable to log in here for months and not getting any response from the site owners over and over, I thought it was happening all over again....glad to see the site live on. Raptors back to back stinkers.

Comment

• Raps played so shitty the site just crashed. Either that or Russia came after us for employing Svi
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Also tsn took my profile pic and blasted it on the broadcast last night. Someone is lurking here
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Comment

• It's fucking embarassing. Other than FVV(who's clearly injured) and Barnes, the effort of the rest of the team once again was non existent.

I said before the deadline that an injury to FVV would destroy this team because they have no depth to replace him and that's what's happening now. Again, great job by the front office.

The Nets tomorrow will be without Durant, Kyrie and BS. If the Raps lose to the Nets tomorrow - doesn't matter if FVV's in or not - then they might as well tank the season.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Everyone has laid eggs over the past few games and we can pick on anyone really, but one that's been particularly difficult for me to watch has been Birch.Over these past 3 games he started he's got an aggregate of 51 minutes, for a total of: 9 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists (over 3 games). He attempted 9 shots, made 3 (so 33 % from the field, as a centre).

Defensively I know everyone has been crappy, can't single out just one guy, sample is small, they're really missing OG yada yada, but he's out there getting crossed over and dunked on by Plumlee. We've got no rim protection. All it takes is a simple high screen from the opponent and we look totally lost with guys waltzing to the paint (or our guys having to collapse so hard to the paint to help there's a wide open 3).

I keep waiting right from the beginning of the game for Precious to come in, especially if there's a quick opposing guard putting pressure on the rim, like trae young or Rozier, birch just can't stay in front of guys like that; Precious is far from perfect, but at least with him there's hope for some stops so we can start chipping away at deficits. The team can actually switch more fluidly onto quicker guards and close hard and fast on perimeter shots, like Nurse's system calls for.

The reality is the team needs the starters back full force, no one outside them look very reliable. The catch 22 though, is that the little tweaks & sores are starting to pile up with the kind of load they've been getting, and we still got about 20 games left. That means they need to closely watch the standings now and be ready to fade or push depending on how these next 10 games play out. Playoff experience is valuable and I hope they make it, but if they're getting there battered and bruised with half the team out, I'd rather fade and get our FRP back. Only 2 blowouts though, maybe it's just a blip and they'll bounce back
                              Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Feb 28, 2022, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• It was a fantastic game that I watched.
                                Raptors 93
                                Hornets 125
                                Hornets' players played well.

Draymond Green one of my favorite NBA player. NBA Player Draymond Green Net Worth now more than 50 million! I like his playing style and speed.
                                Last edited by tad01; Tue Jun 7, 2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X