Game 23 Magic @ Raptors 8pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Celtics beat the Nets handily who just crushed the Raps.
    Anything can hapen in the NBA but it does not look good and we can't fall back against the injury excuse any longer.
    Oh, and they did it without Marcus Smart ....

We beat the Cavs who now have been playing like crap (lost again to the Knicks tonight) and that was our recent high water mark. Orlando game is a gimme, more horrible if you lose than celebration if you win.
    and robert williams is missing too

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

and robert williams is missing too
      Yup,
      I keep saying the Celtics are for real (unfortunately) and people disagree with me.
      They have the IT factor too and more than their fair share of snarl and confidence in equal parts.

They go out and get guys like Brogdan and Gallinari while Masai is distracted.
      I hate that team but man, respect.

Comment

Yup,
        I keep saying the Celtics are for real (unfortunately) and people disagree with me.
        They have the IT factor too and more than their fair share of snarl and confidence in equal parts.

no they are for real. i wish we got brogdan

Comment

Yup,

Who’s arguing if they’re for real? They went to the finals last year and are only better

Comment

Im guessing raps will win though. A statement game might help erase some recent embarrassments

Comment

The Toronto Raptors have listed forward Juancho Hernangomez as doubtful for Monday's game against the Boston Celtics due to a right ankle sprain. Otto and Achiuwa remain out (toe and ankle).

Comment

The Toronto Raptors have listed forward Juancho Hernangomez as doubtful for Monday's game against the Boston Celtics due to a right ankle sprain. Otto and Achiuwa remain out (toe and ankle).
                shame bo has been playing well as rotation player

Comment

Yup,

I don't know anyone who watches the NBA that thinks the Celtics aren't for real. Everything I see and hear has them as the #1 or #2 team in the NBA. Tatum has a shot at being named MVP. And I believe pretty everyone picked them and the Bucks 1-2 in the east in some order, so it's not like any of this is a surprise.

Not sure what you mean, 'while Masai is distracted'? Raps used the $ they had to get the guy they wanted and, unfortunately, he hasn't been able to play much at all. As for Brogdon, he has publlcly said that the Pacers gave him a choice between Raps or Celtics trades and he chose Boston because he felt the Celtics were closer to a title having just come off the finals and he wanted to win now. Gallinari hasn't played a game for Boston and who knows if he ever will.

Comment

Gameday! I realize we're still 6 1/2 hours away from needing a game thread but Go Raps!

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Gameday! I realize we're still 6 1/2 hours away from needing a game thread but Go Raps!
                      It's always nice to have them up 12 hours in advance if possible to discuss the game beforehand
                      C'mon Yuri Gagarin

Comment

I didn't get to comment much in the last 3 games. So will just quickly add my thoughts here.

Felt like New Orleans was one of those games where our offense just lead to terrible defense. Fred and Scottie were super bad in that one. I thought Pascal started off well.. but it wasn't a good showing at all. Scottie being elevated to the starting unit was a crime. He should have been coming off the bench because he didn't deserve the start. Fred was just super bad. Getting ejected gave the Raptors some momentum. Was too much of a hill to climb but the last quarter was fun. Gary was great in it.

The Brooklyn game was just them stuck in mud early, and Brooklyn just got anything they wanted. The come back was fun, but Claxton for some reason owns us, and he won it for them.

The Orlando game was mostly because Orlando is really bad at basketball. Bol Bol blocking Fred's 3, and then losing the ball out of bounds was fun. Felt like Scottie really gave a damn that game. Probably wanted to outplay Banchero - and he did. Fred got a bit more comfortable shooting, but he's still been pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X