Game #37: Detroit Pistons 114 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Hopefully we can find a good replacement for Casey in the off season. We're pretty much getting kicked out in the 1st round.
    that'll make or break this squad. If Masai fucks up with new coach, we will lose another year of Lowry's prime, DD might be gone and who knows about other guys.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I need to refresh my memory. Was the defense really that good during Casey's first year as head coach? Or was it... overhyped because of the fact that the team didn't have the worst defense in the NBA anymore? It's not much of an accomplishment to improve from the very bottom.

...started from the bottom now we here...
      OG is our king

Comment

• Upset we lost, but most bettors seen this coming.

Raptors can't control their own pace. DD will be back soon - game will slow down and because of that, our defense will be back to 99-100 pts range. Still, our team needs serious pace management lessons or something. We are not gsw to go on 48 min. full power scoring and defending.

Comment

• Missed the game, but it sounds like Casey fucked us again. However, I still believe we will return to top form when DD comes back. 11-8 is not bad considering we lost our no.2 guy

Comment

• I will ask again are we cursed??
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Game #37 Detroit Pistons vs. Toronto Raptors, 7:30 12 January 2015

Pistons have gone on a longer win streak then this team has. How embarrassing is that. At this rate, we'd have to go 25-20 the rest of the way to reach the unspoken goal of 50 wins which I still don't think will happen. We are 4-6 in the last 10 games when we could have easily been 7-3 instead. Let's not even talk about playoffs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                I will ask again are we cursed??

does this video answer your question?

Comment

• I'm actually not worried, we'll be back in top form w/ DD. His absence showed our weak spots and liabilities though.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    that'll make or break this squad. If Masai fucks up with new coach, we will lose another year of Lowry's prime, DD might be gone and who knows about other guys.
                    You'd want him back?
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• It's not the end of the world, but we do have problems that need addressing.

I was actually okay with the subs in the first half. I thought getting Val some rest and bringing him back for a large stretch in the second was the right move.

What I don't understand is how we never find a way to adjust after the other team adjusts.

Val has strong start (again).
                      Detroit adjusts.
                      Val doesn't see the ball much at all in the second half (again).

When we were #wethefourth we were constantly slashing and kicking for open threes, but the book is out on us now, so how do we adjust?

We've got half a season to figure it out. This kind of play by Val is promising but we are going to need more from the whole team if we want to make any noise in the playoffs.

Comment

You'd want him back?
                        DD? losing him for nothing is bad. Doesn't matter what I think about his game.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          DD? losing him for nothing is bad. Doesn't matter what I think about his game.
                          Casey.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I'm actually not worried, we'll be back in top form w/ DD. His absence showed our weak spots and liabilities though.
                            Problem is, I don't think DD will be in top form immediately. The rest of the team will probably have to carry a significant load on offense while DD gets back to his normal ways.

I'm also worried that his return will signal the end of JV's involvement in the offense. Hopefully that isn't the case and the team finds a way to make sure that everyone is contributing during the game.
                            OG is our king

Comment

Casey.
                              If something can be improved you improve it. Coach, roster, anything. I still think this roster could use an upgrade or further development or exp. But Casey didn't show anything that makes him untouchable.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                                Problem is, I don't think DD will be in top form immediately. The rest of the team will probably have to carry a significant load on offense while DD gets back to his normal ways.

I'm also worried that his return will signal the end of JV's involvement in the offense. Hopefully that isn't the case and the team finds a way to make sure that everyone is contributing during the game.
                                We don't need him in top form immediately, but if he comes back with "mid range jumpshot" mentality then we'll be fucked if he can't find his rhythm fast.

Do you really think Jonas is more involved in the offense? I don't. His usage rate should be similar or even identical to pre-DD injury USG.

Comment

Working...
                                X