Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Did they really?
    He's not my first choice but he's not bad by any account. Solid if not spectacular.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Well step 1 is Masai acknowledged the team needs more shooting.
      Step 2 would be the cojones/smarts to trade for it or pull the plug on this year and try to draft it.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Not good with cap stuff need help here...

So if these are salaries just guesses. Jakob 22, fred 28, gary 24 next ssn we’re at 174m or 12m over luxury?

if so seems likely boucher would have to be dumped at 12m?

if thats thebcase i just dont get it. Wed lose a key bench piece. Some nights hes the only bench scorer. And we need bench depth. Why not do that at trade deadline and sign poetl outright in the summer and save our picks at least?
        Agree... we had to trade for Jacob now because its unlikely we have the ability to sign him into cap space in July.
        Raps need some additional draft picks to improve both the talent and depth of the bench. Not every 2nd round pick or summer league pick up develops into an NBA rotation player. Very few do. I am sure I will hear of the outliers but the math on guys who make it vs guys who don't is likely sobering.
        Drafted players are also cheap in a salary cap world of the NBA.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Not sure if DeMar would want to be back here, but... Could OG for DeMar be a possibility this summer?

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
            Not sure if DeMar would want to be back here, but... Could OG for DeMar be a possibility this summer?
            Hardest of passes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

No to either side of it.
              Fred for DeMar?

Comment

bro

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

bro
                  yes bro?

Comment

I think the Grizzlies have the potential to give us a really good offer for OG this summer. There is a couple of their players who would fit pretty well here I think. Would bringing Dillon Brooks in via sign and trade be a an interesting option also?

They are a trade partner who would help balance the roster a bit more. Wonder if they would accept to give up Tyus Jones?

Comment

I wouldn't trade the worst Raptor player or the player that I hate the most for Dillon Brooks.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't trade the worst Raptor player or the player that I hate the most for Dillon Brooks.
                        Why so? Am I the only one seeing a fit? I could see Dillon Brooks accepting a decent contract and being the 6th man of this team going forward. Plus he's from Mississauga!

If we get him and another good player/draft pick for OG and Flynn, I think that would be pretty good. Let's say we get Jones...

Poeltl | Koloko | Rookie
                        Siakam | Boucher | Young
                        Barnes | Achiuwa | Porter
                        Trent | Brooks | Wieskamp | Rookie
                        VanVleet | Jones | Dowtin

Comment

Why so? Am I the only one seeing a fit? I could see Dillon Brooks accepting a decent contract and being the 6th man of this team going forward. Plus he's from Mississauga!

If we get him and another good player/draft pick for OG and Flynn, I think that would be pretty good. Let's say we get Jones...

Poeltl | Koloko | Rookie
                          Siakam | Boucher | Young
                          Barnes | Achiuwa | Porter
                          Trent | Brooks | Wieskamp | Rookie
                          VanVleet | Jones | Dowtin
                          Because he's not a good player + I also don't see a fit. He's kind of a ball hog on offense. He's not a good shooter and he jacks up a lot of shots like he's Kobe Bryant. Not a good combination. IQ is also questionable.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Because he's not a good player + I also don't see a fit. He's kind of a ball hog on offense. He's not a good shooter and he jacks up a lot of shots like he's Kobe Bryant. Not a good combination. IQ is also questionable.
                            He's also an asshole. It doesn't matter that he's Canadian, I simply wouldn't want to root for him.

Comment

Raps trade FVV for Cole Anthony + 1FRP in 2023. Then trade OG + Flynn for Barrett + Quickley/ Grimes + FRP in 2024 at the draft. Young is dropped at a cost to the cap of $1 Million buy-out. OPJ traded to the Pacers for Duarte to add maturity to the Pacers.

Trent is signed 4/$105 starting at $22 Million and Poetl is signed at 4/82 Million starting at $17 Million (similar to JV & Steven Adams).

Or trade OG to Warriors for PBJ + Kuminga +GP2.

Raptors lineup:
                              Barnes, Trent Jr., Barrett, Siakam, Poets
                              Quickley, Anthony, Duarte, Boucher, Achuiwa
                              Dowtin, Koloko, 2 FRP in 2023, and Weiskampf

or

Barnes, Trent Jr., Kuminga, Siakam, Poetl
                              GP2, Cole Anthony, PBG, Boucher, Achuiwa
                              Dowtin, Duarte, Koloko, 2 FRP

$140 Million

Leaves room for extension for Siakam, and Achuiwa for 2024

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                                Raps trade FVV for Cole Anthony + 1FRP in 2023. Then trade OG + Flynn for Barrett + Quickley/ Grimes + FRP in 2024 at the draft. Young is dropped at a cost to the cap of $1 Million buy-out. OPJ traded to the Pacers for Duarte to add maturity to the Pacers.

Trent is signed 4/$105 starting at $22 Million and Poetl is signed at 4/82 Million starting at $17 Million (similar to JV & Steven Adams).

Or trade OG to Warriors for PBJ + Kuminga +GP2.

Raptors lineup:
                                Barnes, Trent Jr., Barrett, Siakam, Poets
                                Quickley, Anthony, Duarte, Boucher, Achuiwa
                                Dowtin, Koloko, 2 FRP in 2023, and Weiskampf

or

Barnes, Trent Jr., Kuminga, Siakam, Poetl
                                GP2, Cole Anthony, PBG, Boucher, Achuiwa
                                Dowtin, Duarte, Koloko, 2 FRP

$140 Million

Leaves room for extension for Siakam, and Achuiwa for 2024
                                I would keep OPJ to be honest. You need vets ideally. Also Barrett is someone who I kind of like yet offensively the fit may not fully be there. He has struggled mightly offensively. Your second option with Kuminga is better in my opinion.

Finally don't be surprised if Boucher is out.

Finally, Duarte showed some stuff last year but this year has been meh. He is a very old player who is starting out in the NBA who is turning 26 this off season. Hard pass on Duarte. He has taken major steps back in a lot of areas. I think people kind of like him because he is Canadian not because he is good. If I am trading with Indiana, I would be looking at trading OG to them and trying to get Mathurin. The other alternative is you trade with either the kings, or you trade with another team like the pelicans in the off season. both teams are ready to continue making steps forward especially the pelicans. Plus the pels have all the sort of assets you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X