Game #45: Toronto Raptors 104 - Indiana Pacers 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caccia wrote: View Post
    Looks like the reporter for the National Post was reading the comments here on Patrick Patterson.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01...s-valanciunas/
    Posters on RR were suggesting this as early as September... http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...tarting+lineup

Comment

I agree (along with others) that it may be time to shift the lineup. With the caveat that positions aren't as relevant as they used to be, the current lineup plays demar as a SF and while GV is listed as the shooting guard, he acts more like the point guard. It was very noticeable in the Detroit game and D Smith mentions it in his column today. Not sure if lowry is more injured than we know but having lowry play off the ball in order to rest for the fact that there isn't a back up point guard.....it seems like it would be better to let him run with the ball and put GV back on the bench to start.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        I agree (along with others) that it may be time to shift the lineup. With the caveat that positions aren't as relevant as they used to be, the current lineup plays demar as a SF and while GV is listed as the shooting guard, he acts more like the point guard. It was very noticeable in the Detroit game and D Smith mentions it in his column today. Not sure if lowry is more injured than we know but having lowry play off the ball in order to rest for the fact that there isn't a back up point guard.....it seems like it would be better to let him run with the ball and put GV back on the bench to start.
        SG are used as point guards. Players like Demar and Harden are exceptions not the rule. If teams double the PG the SG takes the ball.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          SG are used as point guards. Players like Demar and Harden are exceptions not the rule. If teams double the PG the SG takes the ball.
          I think the point is that starting your two primary ball-handlers means that one needs to be subbed-out fairly quickly, or else there won't be fresh legs to run the 2nd unit. In that case, on a team with only two PGs on the roster, it's just another reason to question the current makeup of the starting unit.

DeRozan is a sufficient secondary ball-handler and I cringe at the thought of Lou being the primary ball-handler on the 2nd unit for extended periods of time.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't he have to be fouled while shooting 3 pointers around 48 times? Because he said 3+ FTAs.
            3FTA's per 3 pointer that he gets fouled on so nope.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I think the point is that starting your two primary ball-handlers means that one needs to be subbed-out fairly quickly, or else there won't be fresh legs to run the 2nd unit. In that case, on a team with only two PGs on the roster, it's just another reason to question the current makeup of the starting unit.

DeRozan is a sufficient secondary ball-handler and I cringe at the thought of Lou being the primary ball-handler on the 2nd unit for extended periods of time.
              That true. Don't know why Casey decided to make two units worse and cause problems defensively just to move Ross to the second unit. Really there are a lot of better options

Comment

Lowry/DD/JJ/2Pat/JV

DO IT!!!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  Lowry/DD/JJ/2Pat/JV

DO IT!!!
                  People have been saying this for months now, feels over stated by now. Casey is either really dumb for not realizing the benefit of this lineup or they maybe showcasing Lou , GV or Ross for a trade before the deadline... I can't see why else JJ is playing next to nothing.
                  This line up makes perfect sense and would help the bench as GV could actually execute p&r with Amir (and he gets rest). Personally, although Ross infuriates me and I really like Lou's skills.. I think we trade Lou and make Ross full time back up SG

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                    People have been saying this for months now, feels over stated by now. Casey is either really dumb for not realizing the benefit of this lineup or they maybe showcasing Lou , GV or Ross for a trade before the deadline... I can't see why else JJ is playing next to nothing.
                    This line up makes perfect sense and would help the bench as GV could actually execute p&r with Amir (and he gets rest). Personally, although Ross infuriates me and I really like Lou's skills.. I think we trade Lou and make Ross full time back up SG
                    I hate watching Lou play

It's rage inducing at the very least

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I hate watching Lou play

Tell me about it.

The crowd started off with "sweet louuuuuuuuu" and its gonna end with "Byee Louuu" - the hate is real!

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                        Tell me about it.

The crowd started off with "sweet louuuuuuuuu" and its gonna end with "Byee Louuu" - the hate is real!
                        I agree about the iso / chuck fest... But how much of that do you think is Casey? Think about it his assist rate is way down, it's not like he has set plays to get one looks... It's just give him the ball and watch him work. He is being used wrong, although to his scoring strength. You cannot deny the incredible offensive skill he has, and his ability to get to the line is awesome. I feel our hate for him is due mainly to Casey's use of him. A more disciplined coach and it's a different story.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          I agree about the iso / chuck fest... But how much of that do you think is Casey? Think about it his assist rate is way down, it's not like he has set plays to get one looks... It's just give him the ball and watch him work. He is being used wrong, although to his scoring strength. You cannot deny the incredible offensive skill he has, and his ability to get to the line is awesome. I feel our hate for him is due mainly to Casey's use of him. A more disciplined coach and it's a different story.
                          Well, since Masai doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fire Casey, maybe he can trade Lou to a more disciplined coach.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Well, since Masai doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fire Casey, maybe he can trade Lou to a more disciplined coach.
                            Unfortunately that's probably what's going to happen, and I foresee him burning us huge afterwards because that's what former players do to us. Hopefully he wins 6th man and we resign then trade. His value will be huge.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              I hate watching Lou play

It's a lot less frustrating then watching Vasquez, Ross and Derozan. At least he makes and 1's and contested shots unlike the rest of them.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                It's a lot less frustrating then watching Vasquez, Ross and Derozan. At least he makes and 1's and contested shots unlike the rest of them.
                                He makes shots he has absolutely no business making... Time after time. That is a valuable skill in my book. His talent of drawing fouls would be more effective if he wasn't always in iso mode, it's to predictable

Comment

Working...
                                X