X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The Jazz are building a good young core with Favors, Kanter, Gobert, Hayward, Burke, Burks, Exum, Hood.

The one thing they're missing is a true #1 scoring option.

I'd use DeRozan to try and pry Favors from them. Amir or Hansbrough could be added, in order to balance salary. If Toronto could somehow snag Burks as well (Utah would have PG-Exum/Burke & SG-DeRozan/Hood), that would be icing on the cake.
    Now there's a trade I'd go for if we were getting rid of Demar.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure we would though - the Jazz may be thinking about re-tanking.

Ship out some expirings, ross and a first rounder, then we lose our cap space this summer, but Hayward is the type of guy we need.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but my impression is:

-pretty good shooting (% would improve when he's not the first option)
    -unselfish
    -passable defense
    The Jazz are building a good young core with Favors, Kanter, Gobert, Hayward, Burke, Burks, Exum, Hood.

The one thing they're missing is a true #1 scoring option.

I'd use DeRozan to try and pry Favors from them. Amir or Hansbrough could be added, in order to balance salary. If Toronto could somehow snag Burks as well (Utah would have PG-Exum/Burke & SG-DeRozan/Hood), that would be icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Hayward's in year-1 of his new fat contract. Even if the Jazz were willing to ship him, we'd have to gut our roster to get it done.
    I'm not sure we would though - the Jazz may be thinking about re-tanking.

Ship out some expirings, ross and a first rounder, then we lose our cap space this summer, but Hayward is the type of guy we need.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but my impression is:

-pretty good shooting (% would improve when he's not the first option)
    -unselfish
    -passable defense

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Hayward's in year-1 of his new fat contract. Even if the Jazz were willing to ship him, we'd have to gut our roster to get it done.
    I know... I really don't know who to nab that might be available at the 3 or 4. Maybe Dudley from the Bucks?

Seriously... who could we get that actually will be helpful and not take everything we have?

Not much I guess... unless we go low and get something on the cheap, basically a veteran/struggling newbie. (Ex: Copeland from Indy?)
    Last edited by Cody73; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Heyward wouldn't be a bad option if the Jazz would take Ross.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Heyward wouldn't be a bad option if the Jazz would take Ross.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Sorry that was for Harris. Green is the same except not great offensively at either.
    This is why my dream scenario is getting both Harris and Green. Probably at the cost of DD or alternatively Ross plus picks. Running the pair out at 3/4 gives solid rebounding at both spots, a good primary offensive player in Harris, and both are very good from 3 when playing off the ball, while both can defend adequately at either position, while Green takes the harder defensive assignment.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Ross is the 3 guy but usually they accept his D. Really they are looking for John Salmons but not so crappy.
    So, any SF who is not John Salmons.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Ross is the 3 guy but usually they accept his D. Really they are looking for John Salmons but not so crappy.
    What?

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Right now, Hansbrough is our backup C. How is Amir more of a backup C? With JV and Nogueira both a year older, I don't think we need a new backup C.

Having Lowry, Vasquez, Ross and Patterson, plus DeMar who can shoot without being a 40% 3pt shooter, I just don't think we need another legit 3point threat. Just a LOCKDOWN defenser who's a better overall player than JJ, that's why I still have him as the backup SF.

Ross is your backup 3&D guy and the backups are already there.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    1) Hands isn't a backup C, he is a PF.
    2) if your starting 2pat then start JJ
    3) we should target a backup 4/5 and SF who is good for 3&D.

I like the look of..
    Lowry / Vasquez
    DD / Ross
    JJ / ?? / Bruno
    2pat / Amir
    JV / ?? / Bebe

Then also grab a third string combo PG / SG and bring back Chuck on the vet min.

Lou could potentially be used in combo with expirings and maybe a pick to nab a starting PF such as Taj Gibson and a backup SF; moving Amir to backup C.

Or we just coast out as is. But if we do the latter than this year I doubt we make noise in the playoffs, a move like the one above, to me, with good seeding gets us past the first and maybe second round.
    Right now, Hansbrough is our backup C. How is Amir more of a backup C? With JV and Nogueira both a year older, I don't think we need a new backup C.

Having Lowry, Vasquez, Ross and Patterson, plus DeMar who can shoot without being a 40% 3pt shooter, I just don't think we need another legit 3point threat. Just a LOCKDOWN defenser who's a better overall player than JJ, that's why I still have him as the backup SF.

Ross is your backup 3&D guy and the backups are already there.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    Just question why Steimsa made the team if he never plays. The other two are younger and the same price
    Which I understand, but honestly we are half way through the season and have to look elsewhere because we kept an unnecessary guy (not really but he isn't used) instead of gambling on somebody else who honestly probably wouldn't have played either.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Can't live in the past with what if's, gotta look forward as to what can be done now.
    Just question why Steimsa made the team if he never plays. The other two are younger and the same price

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    Raptors could have just signed Whiteside and or Hamilton instead of Steamer and picking up TH if they are just trading him as an expiring.
    Can't live in the past with what if's, gotta look forward as to what can be done now.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Raptors could have just signed Whiteside and or Hamilton instead of Steamer and picking up TH if they are just trading him as an expiring.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X