X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    If you're talking Gibson, still think it is asanine and it is short term thinking for raptors with Gibson not enough of a difference maker to push Raptors to next level.

The quote I replied to makes no reference to Gibson hence the confusion on my part:
    Ya. He didn't specifically say Gibson, but he talks about freeing up cap space for Chicago so they can throw whatever money necessary at Butler. Really, we have been talking 3 big men. Taj, Faried and west. I deduced he was talking about taj. I would be happy with taj or Faried, but I don't think we should part with any key assets for west.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Are you sure Gibson expires after next year? I thought he expires a year later, after the 16-17 season.
    His owed 8 mill this year and 8.5 next year

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    His expiring after next year. Which falls right into our plans to sign KD. Do you not believe Taj Gibson is an upgrade over Amir? The East is wide open!
    Are you sure Gibson expires after next year? I thought he expires a year later, after the 16-17 season.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    If you're talking Gibson, still think it is asanine and it is short term thinking for raptors with Gibson not enough of a difference maker to push Raptors to next level.

The quote I replied to makes no reference to Gibson hence the confusion on my part:
    His expiring after next year. Which falls right into our plans to sign KD. Do you not believe Taj Gibson is an upgrade over Amir? The East is wide open!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I'm not talking about Butler I'm talking about Taj Gibson. Do I think DD has more trade value than Gibson? Yes, I do.

I believe Taj has become redundant with the addition of Pau and Mirotic. Thibs has even started playing all three of them on the court at the same time to find minutes for all three. If it was up to Thibs there wouldn't be any trade rumours involving Taj. Fortunately for us Thibs doesn't call the shots. Its been reported that the front office and Thibs don't see eye to eye. His actually on the hot seat this year. So much so that if they don't make the finals he might be let go.

The big factor in this is Butler. The fact that his a free agent and having this breakout year. It has forced Chicago's hand. With little cap space this summer trading Taj Gibson is there best way to create some. Seeing that Gibson is owed like $17 mill over the next two years. They plan on matching everything thrown at Butler. I think Masai should really take advantage of this. If he hasn't been already.

Hansbrough is still a serviceable big in this league. Especially when his the 4th big in the rotation.

I think Fields might have a chance to start playing in Thibs system. Plus defender that plays really well with out the ball. When your playing with really good passing bigs like Noah and Pau his activities off ball becomes a lot more valuable. Than you add in a 1st rounder.

Its doesn't seem that asinine to me but, what do I know.

Never took this in but don't the bulls have to pay Butler this summer? Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Knicks were willing to give Butler the max this summer.

Seeing that the raptors have a lot of expiring contracts. That could free up some cap space for them.

Here's hoping Butler wins All-Star MVP in Madison Square garden.

Landry and Hansbrough + 1st pick. Get it done Masai.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    You clearly missed the point.

You floated fields, bro, and a late first for Butler.

Do you realize how asanine that sounds?

In comparison, if a team came with the equivalent of expiring trash and a late first would you trade DeRozan for that?

As I said, I certainly would not and I would be looking to trade DeRozan at first opportunity.

So why would the bulls essentially give away Butler?

Would you give away DeRozan? I think the answer is no.
    I'm not talking about Butler I'm talking about Taj Gibson. Do I think DD has more trade value than Gibson? Yes, I do.

I believe Taj has become redundant with the addition of Pau and Mirotic. Thibs has even started playing all three of them on the court at the same time to find minutes for all three. If it was up to Thibs there wouldn't be any trade rumours involving Taj. Fortunately for us Thibs doesn't call the shots. Its been reported that the front office and Thibs don't see eye to eye. His actually on the hot seat this year. So much so that if they don't make the finals he might be let go.

The big factor in this is Butler. The fact that his a free agent and having this breakout year. It has forced Chicago's hand. With little cap space this summer trading Taj Gibson is there best way to create some. Seeing that Gibson is owed like $17 mill over the next two years. They plan on matching everything thrown at Butler. I think Masai should really take advantage of this. If he hasn't been already.

Hansbrough is still a serviceable big in this league. Especially when his the 4th big in the rotation.

I think Fields might have a chance to start playing in Thibs system. Plus defender that plays really well with out the ball. When your playing with really good passing bigs like Noah and Pau his activities off ball becomes a lot more valuable. Than you add in a 1st rounder.

Its doesn't seem that asinine to me but, what do I know.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Think you mean tax. And yes to a certain extent. But it's more that they try to keep costs down as much as possible.

And they might be totally cool with going into it for a year. They had some tax years with Boozer around, and that was a way worse move than re-signing Butler. On top of it, cap is at the moment still expected to jump in 2016 when new tv deal kicks in, so they could quite easily regain some breathing room soon enough.
    Good article by Mark Deeks on strategy behind when teams should be prepared to pay luxury tax. Used those bulls with boozer as an example.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/...bulls-clippers

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Serious man. Your thing with DD is a little too much. I wasn't talking about acquiring Butler.

What I was trying to say is that Bulls will need all the cap space they can get to resign Butler. In that case raptors would be great trading partners.
    You clearly missed the point.

You floated fields, bro, and a late first for Butler.

Do you realize how asanine that sounds?

In comparison, if a team came with the equivalent of expiring trash and a late first would you trade DeRozan for that?

As I said, I certainly would not and I would be looking to trade DeRozan at first opportunity.

So why would the bulls essentially give away Butler?

Would you give away DeRozan? I think the answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    How about this summer. Do you know if they have a lot of cap room?

Funny note Taj Gibson is being paid more than Pau Gasol this year.
    Cap space, little if any. However depending on the luxury tax number for next year, they could re-sign Jimmy to a max and at worst just be a bit over the tax.

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...ries/bulls.jsp

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Think you mean tax. And yes to a certain extent. But it's more that they try to keep costs down as much as possible.

And they might be totally cool with going into it for a year. They had some tax years with Boozer around, and that was a way worse move than re-signing Butler. On top of it, cap is at the moment still expected to jump in 2016 when new tv deal kicks in, so they could quite easily regain some breathing room soon enough.
    How about this summer. Do you know if they have a lot of cap room?

Funny note Taj Gibson is being paid more than Pau Gasol this year.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Hasn't the bulls ownership always been against going over the cap?

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Hasn't the bulls ownership always been against going over the cap?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    stating it and backing it up are two different things...if someone throws a Chandler Parsons type deal loaded with all kinds of poison at them...they might blink
    I believe the popular theory is they will re-sign Butler no matter what, and look to cut costs elsewhere if it comes to that. I'm sure lots of teams will offer deals to Butler, and Leonard as well, but there's been zero indication either of their teams are afraid to spend to keep them.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    What am I looking for here? Nothing about the Bulls or Jimmy Butler. Even the Raptors stuff is re-hashed. Again, Bulls said they'd match any offer.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...n-jimmy-butler

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    And haven't the Bulls publicly stated they would match any offer for Butler, including the max? Don't think he goes anywhere.
    stating it and backing it up are two different things...if someone throws a Chandler Parsons type deal loaded with all kinds of poison at them...they might blink

Leave a comment:

Working...
X