Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A soon as Masai said "character" in his job description, that ruled out Ime, I posted it right then. Still believed he could come here but said it ruled him out as that would have been thrown back in Masai's face by any media that MSLE didn't control.

SN segment this morning covering Udoka landing in Houston continued with a list of 8 possible coaching contenders still in the mix; Jama not among them. Translation, Jama it is!

Comment

• Could still be the antithesis to Ime; Becky.

Comment

• Stackhouse and Jama are the two I'd be happy with.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Hey Masai..u still at the Bar.
          Udoka Gone..u better not hire someone from previous Raptors regime..assistants.
          There are two more guys from my list Jama or Quinn. Stop playing.
          Masai always waiting, takingforever..wtf u waiting for, get your s^$% together, start working..I don't know, I still got your back, but damn...u making this very difficult.
          Dude. Jama and Quinn are coaching the playoffs, there is no way they are doing job interviews right now.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
            Could still be the antithesis to Ime; Becky.
            Hammon signed a 5 year deal with the Las Vegas Aces (WNBA). They just won a title too. They aren't going to let her just walk away even if we were interested.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

Dude. Jama and Quinn are coaching the playoffs, there is no way they are doing job interviews right now.
              Mike Brown did it last year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Mike Brown did it last year.
                Atkinson already interviewed with Houston. This happens all the time.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  Stackhouse and Jama are the two I'd be happy with.
                  Why exactly? Jama doesn't have any head coaching experience and Stack hasn't done much in Portland. Both would be great additions as assistant coaches as we know Jama especially is great with developing young players. Just not sure about either as the next HC.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
                    A soon as Masai said "character" in his job description, that ruled out Ime, I posted it right then. Still believed he could come here but said it ruled him out as that would have been thrown back in Masai's face by any media that MSLE didn't control.

SN segment this morning covering Udoka landing in Houston continued with a list of 8 possible coaching contenders still in the mix; Jama not among them. Translation, Jama it is!
                    They could be waiting to see if Nurse gets hired, which could determine how much they can pay a new coach (if MLSE has an internal budget).

Was a bit surprised when Masai said he and Bobby hadn’t put together their hiring criteria, while other candidates, like Udoka, were already out there interviewing.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Why exactly? Jama doesn't have any head coaching experience and Stack hasn't done much in Portland. Both would be great additions as assistant coaches as we know Jama especially is great with developing young players. Just not sure about either as the next HC.
                      The bold is not true. He was the head coach of the 905 for 3 seasons.

He's also been an NBA assistant coach for 10 years now, and he's been coaching for 19 years.

At what point does the man deserve a chance as a NBA head coach?

I think his resume looks pretty typical for guys who make the jump from assistant to head coach.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The bold is not true. He was the head coach of the 905 for 3 seasons.

He's also been an NBA assistant coach for 10 years now, and he's been coaching for 19 years.

At what point does the man deserve a chance as a NBA head coach?

I think his resume looks pretty typical for guys who make the jump from assistant to head coach.
                        Yeah, Jama’s highest professional level of head coaching is basically the same as Nurse and Chris Finch before they got their NBA gigs.

Comment

• Other than Sarunas Jasikevicius, who are the top available European coaches?

Would they be willing to hire guys who are in their 60s like Sergio and Ettore Messina?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

They could be waiting to see if Nurse gets hired, which could determine how much they can pay a new coach (if MLSE has an internal budget).

Was a bit surprised when Masai said he and Bobby hadn’t put together their hiring criteria, while other candidates, like Udoka, were already out there interviewing.
                            Based on his coaching acumen and connections to Masai and Africa, I thought there was a pretty good chance Udoka came here. But based on the fact that they (apparently) didn't even interview him yet, my assumption that MLSE put the kibosh to even considering him in the dustbin, a pretty good bet.

No one can rationally think that Masai didn't at least want to interview him if a hard stop wasn't passed down. Again, shareholders, season ticket holders, media partners, optics. Especially when we play the role of the most virtuous NBA team out there.

Comment

Stack is at Vanderbilt. He was nominated for 3 national coaching prizes and tied for SEC coach of the year. Vanderbilt reached the Quarter Finals of the NIT and probably deserved to go to the tournament (at least that's what my quick Google search seems to indicate). If they want Stack this is the time to do it. Tar Heel fans want him to take over UNC.

Comment

i'm intrigued by jama, but it has to be said that the warriors organization doesn't appear to have done an awesome job developing all their young talent over the last few years. they have had the opportunity to add way more young talent than teams in their position typically do, and were banking on that young talent bridging the gap between eras, but so far that team has had to rely entirely on their starters to do all the heavy lifting.

no doubt this is partly due to the guys that were drafted and partly due to it just being difficult to develop young guys when your vets are so good, but they were definitely banking on getting bigger contributions from the wiseman's and kuminga's and moody's thus far (even though the latter two have had their moments).

their biggest wins on the development front have been gary payton II and anthony lamb. some might add poole but he's too much of a liability to me much of the time.

not sure how much of that is on jama, but i think it has to be considered

Comment

Working...
                                X