Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    When they fired Casey they basically did a 180 with Nurse. Most teams do that. I just don’t know what the opposite of Nurse is in these circumstances. Maybe they lean into an ex-player who is more of a leader/manager than tactician?
    I think it has to be a vocal leader and guy players respect. Nick a mad scientist but doesn't know how to relate to these guys IMO. He was trying to relate to these dude saying he was down 0 2 with the London lions at some point. And kawhi said this ain't the damm g league.

ex player or strong leader seems the path. Earl Watson could be an under the radar contender. Has a good track record going back to his Phoenix days
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

1. They would still be paying Nick this season. I was hoping they could trade him.

2. Masai mentioned 'quality guy' as a factor in the coaching search.
      Masai is friends with Ime. Pretty sure he considers his friend a quality guy.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

1. They would still be paying Nick this season. I was hoping they could trade him.

2. Masai mentioned 'quality guy' as a factor in the coaching search.
        I told you and Primer that nobody's getting traded. Fred and Trent are also not getting traded.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ime Udoka is my top choice.

Jama is my 2nd choice.

Udoka is definitely a 180 from Nurse.

Former NBA player with 10 years as a pro. He will be able to talk to and connect with guys in a way Nurse couldn't, as Nurse is not a former NBA player.

Ime is a Pop disciple, having spent 8 years as a Spurs assistant after his playing career.

Nurse was basically a head coach in waiting the day the Raptors hired him. He had been a head coach non stop from 1995 - 2013 when we hired him.

I don't see Udoka as being a similar coach to Nurse at all.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

I told you and Primer that nobody's getting traded. Fred and Trent are also not getting traded.
            Hahha, Jesus man I was joking. I knew there was a 1% chance of it happening. Take it as a W if you want. I know you pride yourself on saying "I called it".

As for Fred and Trent, they aren't getting traded because they aren't under contract and we have zero leverage and a ton of teams have cap space.

Got any predictions beyond we're gonna run back the same roster? Because that's by far the most likely thing to happen and not impressing anyone by "calling it".
            Last edited by Primer; Fri Apr 21, 2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Got any predictions beyond we're gonna run back the same roster? Because that's by far the most likely thing to happen and not impressing anyone by "calling it".
              I just don't see that happening. I think they will definitely trade one of Siakam and OG. The one who they will get the best offer for. Maybe attached to Boucher.

Comment

Stephen A want to see Phil Handy get an interview.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think it has to be a vocal leader and guy players respect. Nick a mad scientist but doesn't know how to relate to these guys IMO. He was trying to relate to these dude saying he was down 0 2 with the London lions at some point. And kawhi said this ain't the damm g league.

ex player or strong leader seems the path. Earl Watson could be an under the radar contender. Has a good track record going back to his Phoenix days
                  I think the players respected Nurse. Nurse is also not the same guy he was in 2019. He was way more gravitas and clout than 4 years ago. He's not talking about London Towers anymore, he's talking about how he won a NBA title.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Hahha, Jesus man I was joking. I knew there was a 1% chance of it happening. Take it as a W if you want. I know you pride yourself on saying "I called it".

As for Fred and Trent, they aren't getting traded because they aren't under contract and we have zero leverage and a ton of teams have cap space.

Like that one who would throw shit ton of feces at the wall and wait to see what sticks lol.

Comment

Stephen A want to see Phil Handy get an interview.
                      And I want Phil Jackson.

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post

And I want Phil Jackson.
                        You don't think Phil Handy's qualified?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

You don't think Phil Handy's qualified?
                          No I just saw an opportunity to being sarcastic since I have a lot of difficulty giving any sort of credibility to Stephen A Smith.

Comment

No I just saw an opportunity to being sarcastic since I have a lot of difficulty giving any sort of credibility to Stephen A Smith.
                            You mean you don't agree Derozan would have led the Raptors to a championship in 2019, same as Kawhi did?

Comment

Lol….sewn of the same thread, RR version

Stephen the dumbass Smith pointed out that Casey and Kawhi would still win the Raptors a Championship

moron at its best

Totally diminished the value of NN during that run

Comment

Jason Tatum on Ime:
                                "Somebody I talk to throughout the season periodically, reaching out," conveyed Tatum, according to the Washington Post’s Tramel Raggs. "Whatever happened, happened, and doesn’t have anything to do with me. I can’t take away the relationship that me and him have, the impact that he had on me in that one season. I love (former Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski), I love Brad (Stevens), (and) I love Joe. I love all those guys. But just a different kind of relationship I had with Ime."
                                Jaylen Brown on Ime:
                                "So, whether you stood on this side or this side, they was going to find wrong from a coach that I advocated to bring here to Boston. I wanted to see him back on his feet here, no matter what it was. I don’t think that’s the wrong thing to feel."

Comment

Working...
                                X