Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Quinn has never been a head coach anywhere, even G-League. He’s a complete dice roll. Heat Culture won’t work without Pat Riley.
    just about every coach who makes the jump from assistant to head coach has no head coaching experience. i don't know why that would be considered a knock against him.

also, he did coach two games for the heat last year when spo was out for various reasons. they lost to brooklyn when they were rolling at the end of last season, and beat us.

quinn is one of my top candidates too.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

just about every coach who makes the jump from assistant to head coach has no head coaching experience. i don't know why that would be considered a knock against him.

also, he did coach two games for the heat last year when spo was out for various reasons. they lost to brooklyn when they were rolling at the end of last season, and beat us.

quinn is one of my top candidates too.
      Yeah it's like saying Wemby is a great prospect but he's never played an NBA game so is he really worth the first pick?

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I agree. And too many question marks on the roster including who is even going to be here. I wouldn't come here if I was Jama and had any sort of inside track in Golden State. Wouldn't come here if I was Udoka with the potential in Houston, wouldn't if I were Hammon as this would end her NBA career
        Hard to guess people’s motivations. Fool’s errand.

It’s definitely not the most attractive job available but it might be to the right person for reasons we can’t imagine.

Comment

• weep boys
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

weep boys
            This would be a Maple Leaf's type move.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This would be a Maple Leaf's type move.
              Yep. If he gets the job, that would be a pretty bad sign

Comment

• This whole process feels very consultant driven to me... not my preference but they are big boys and should know what they are doing.

Comment

• Hopefully we get an answer in the next week. They may be waiting to announce because the coach they want is still in the playoffs and they don’t want to be a distraction.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Hopefully we get an answer in the next week. They may be waiting to announce because the coach they want is still in the playoffs and they don’t want to be a distraction.
                    We did interview Adelman and Quinn so that could be the case.

Comment

WTF....u hire this guy, u are officially an idiot. This whole off season, trade deadline day, since 2019 you've been Trash.
                      Steve Nash...hahaha..
                      Omg...So Dumb
                      If this happens, I'm calling out management 2 be FIRED and Steve Nash 2 Fired..immediately after his hired.
                      F&$$ Dumb.

What has happened 2 this organization...
                      F&^%^ Woke..Udoka was right.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

weep boys
                        That is a disaster.

Comment

weep boys
                          I wouldn't be as down on them hiring Nash as I'm guessing most around here would be. He's got some experience now and I think he probably knows a thing or two about coaching a team that wants to run on every possession. Could probably also give Scottie, Fred and the other young guards some tips.

Comment

• Yeah, I doubt Nash is high on their list, but he'd be a better hire than JJ Redick, for example. There is some upside there, even if he would not be my choice.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

What has happened 2 this organization...
                              My buddy who works at MLSE (he's fairly high up) says there's lots of issues that have been brewing for years. Lots of problems on corporate side and the barriers between the c-suite/board and sports teams has broken down.

I said in another post that the Raps coaching search felt very consultant driven and posted it for a reason. Ujiri isn't the only one driving the bus anymore.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

My buddy who works at MLSE (he's fairly high up) says there's lots of issues that have been brewing for years. Lots of problems on corporate side and the barriers between the c-suite/board and sports teams has broken down.

I said in another post that the Raps coaching search felt very consultant driven and posted it for a reason. Ujiri isn't the only one driving the bus anymore.
                                Consultant driven or budget driven?

I’ve also said a few times that I suspect they’re waiting for Nurse to come off the books to see how much they can pay a coach.

I could be way off base here, but the whole long and drawn out “cast a wide net” search could just be a cover for ‘waiting on Nick’.

That said, Masai selling parity now instead of championships was a clear change in tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X