No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV/Ross for Cousins = STEAL. Kid has league MVP potential.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      I am? Wasn't I was the first saying that this trade would make sense and I would not mind if it would happen? But yeah, he knows, you know
      I know re: cousins.... I knew you were talking about his post about Drummond or vucevic....

Trust me, I'm not even on board with trading JV for those two guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• unless you're getting an all star entering his prime i want nothing to do with moving JV. i know better than to believe rumours but i find them infuriating.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• On the flip side, draft picks and rookie-scale contracts are fixed through the 2020-21 season2 at dollar amounts that won’t increase as quickly as the cap. Young players will get proportionally cheaper every season.
          This, to me, is the most important part of the Lowe article. Unless we are securing someone with a good amount of years left, we should not be dumping rookie deals.

Cousins would work. If we were to get good enough with Cousins/Lowry/DD, it might give us a window to sign a star in 2016. If that is the roadmap, fine. We would be completing the transformation to big market player, at least in terms of the perception game.

But I'm not sure which other stars would fit the bill. The contenders aren't moving stars. Dragic doesn't fit. Lawson doesn't fit. Lopez might replace Val but I don't want any part of that. Who else is even out there?

Comment

• I agree Cousins is elite talent wise...he just falls into my strict no knucklehead policy
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• i would like to see Stauskas and JV on the same team though. couple intense Lithuanian bros would be awesome.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ross for Stauskas plus pick?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  So anyways, really hope something happens. Don't think JV is going anywhere. But i would love to see Ross gets traded for a guy like West or KG or Stauskas or McDermott...
                  Ewww no.

Maybe West.

Trading Ross for KG is a foolish move and would come back to haunt us for years.... KG is washed up!

Staukas or McDermott haven't proven shit AND you can argue (very well) that Ross is a better player than those guys.

I think Ross is getting far too much heat if posters would LOVE to trade him for those guys. I liked your idea of cousins and would LOVE that.....

Comment

• Not sure how to make this happen, but if we could end up with both Batum and West while using expirings 2 1sts, 2 2nds, one of Williams, Vasquez or Amir, and Ross I think that would maintain our bench advantage and give us enough vets to use 10 - 15 on developing rookies. Again...Portland is probably not going to start selling but that would be the ideal
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      i would like to see Stauskas and JV on the same team though. couple intense Lithuanian bros would be awesome.
                      Have you forgotten the dynamic duo of Linas Kleiza and JV?
                      OG is our king

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        Ewww no.

Maybe West.

Trading Ross for KG is a foolish move and would come back to haunt us for years.... KG is washed up!

Staukas or McDermott haven't proven shit AND you can argue (very well) that Ross is a better player than those guys.

I think Ross is getting far too much heat if posters would LOVE to trade him for those guys. I liked your idea of cousins and would LOVE that.....

West is far more washed up than KG. if i HAD to pick one i'd take Garnett.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If you can get Cousins for a JV/Ross package, I'd do it in a heartbeat. He's only 2-3 years older than JV and a better player than JV will ever be. I doubt Kings let him go though.

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Forget about Cousins.

I'd be happy if we can get a star player for him.
                          Depends on which star...

thead wrote: View Post
                          My David West Package

Ross, Williams, Hayes, 2017 lottery protected 1st round pick

West must opt in or out with an agreement to a three year deal
                          Too much.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            Have you forgotten the dynamic duo of Linas Kleiza and JV?
                            Kleiza is and was washed up already after the surgery, he can barely move now... He may have had different career if he still had the legs.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• My thoughts on any Ross deal:

I'd consider Ross for West.. but only if West keeps his option for next season. I'd expand that as well and include GV to get back Hill. George Hill would be great off the bench as a combo guard. He's a pretty good defender as well. Pacers would save a couple of million in a deal like that. Would have to probably throw in a protected first to get back Hill though. However since PG is coming back in March this is all a moot point. Bird is not dismantling his roster.

Trading Ross for KG is a terrible idea. Even if Ross is stapled to the bench he has more value. KG doesn't move the needle.. not any more.

Stauskas kind of sucks.. and is worse then Ross. The Canadian in him gives him too much leeway around these parts.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Ewww no.

Maybe West.

Ross just like Stauskas and McDermott has proven nothing in this league as well.

Ross is supposed to be a 3pt shooter but he's been shooting bricks since last year's playoffs. Stausakas and McDermott are way better shooters than Ross. It's not even close.

As for KG, we need a big. KG is big time, he's a great leader not the same player but he'd be a great backup big.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X