Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    West has better stats across the board.
    Depends on what stats are important to the team acquiring said player.

When Garnett plays, he's still an elite defender, even if his offensive game has crawled in the weeds and died.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      It's official Amare's waived.
      http://www.nba.com/knicks/knicks-wai...s=iref:nbahpts
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        lmfao
        I know. It's pretty funny right?

You ask any non Raps fans, you ask any NBA analyst. Who's better Drummond or JV. I bet 95% of them would say Drummond. It's not even close. Stop being a homer.

Vucevic is a 24 year old double double machine. 20/10 guy. He's a better player than JV too.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

You ask any non Raps fans, you ask any NBA analyst. Who's better Drummond or JV. I bet 95% of them would say Drummond. It's not even close. Stop being a homer.

Vucevic is a 24 year old double double machine. 20/10 guy. He's a better player than JV too.
          I would say 94%

Comment

• I don't think Drummond or Vucevic are better than JV.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Those guys are both 1 way players...JV is a two way player and is trending towards an elite one
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• People need to chill out about getting a Canadian on the team. You may justify it by saying it's about their potential and not their nationality but that's BS. There are way better developmental players that could be had but aren't brought up cause they aren't Canadian.

This team is past the point of trying to appeal to the casual fan. That's a Colengelo move. I could see Ennis and Stauskus being solid players, with way more faith in the former but I don't see them contributing on a night to night basis until their second or even third contract. So giving up asset(s) for Casey to let these kids rack up DNP's? Nah man
                (Obviously this post has nothing to do with wiggins. As trading for him is a pipe dream)
                "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

Wow, pointless statement of the year.

If you asked the league anything about Toronto, they wouldn't have a fucking clue. In general, writers/analysts don't have any special knowledge. There's very few good ones across the whole league. How many picked Toronto to not even be a top 5 Eastern team record-wise?

How many thought getting Rudy Gay was going to elevate us to a playoff team? How many said trading him was going to send us spiralling into the riggin for Wiggins sweepstakes (regardless of other potential moves like trading Lowry)?

How many were all over Larry Sanders dick 2 years ago as the best young defensive big in the game?

How many were saying Orlando got the worst end of the deal in the 4-way trade where they gave up Howard, the best player, in the whole deal? Did any of them think Vucevic would become what he is today?

You just keep spouting random shit like that to try and prove your point.

---

What do you see as Drummond's ceiling? I haven't seen anything to suggest that he isn't just a DeAndre Jordan type of player. Super-athletic rebounder and defender who's got limited skill and IQ. Has shown arguably zero improvement in his game. And for all the talk in his rookie year how character issues were unfounded, if you watch him enough you see a guy who's frequently coasting and lacking focus. He might produce like a monster, but his game has lots of holes in it. More than any of the 3 of him, JV and Vuc.

Vucevic is a better offensive player....He's soft and bad defensively (though his team sucks so the latter is hard to judge). Has a lot of growing to do in those areas, so I don't think the overall gap is as big as the scoring numbers make it look.

They're both putting up better numbers than JV, but it's not at all crazy to think JV will be the most impactful player out of the 3. He's more skilled and is maturing faster in mental aspects than Drummond. He's not as skilled as Vuc, but is progressing faster defensively and plays with more power/toughness in his game. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed, but the reverse is not at all a given.

Comment

• JV is a two way player? trending towards an ELITE one? c'mon man.

Main reason he doesn't get any PT in the 4th is bec of his defence. He's pretty slow. Hell, even the great Hubie Brown mentioned it during the ESPN game.

Offensively he's a lot like Drummond. He gets most of his pts from put backs, dunks, off rebounds. You know energy plays. He's a better FT shooter than Drummond though so i give him that.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ross + JV + GV + 1st rounder for Wiggins and Pekovic?
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

JV is a two way player? trending towards an ELITE one? c'mon man.

Main reason he doesn't get any PT in the 4th is bec of his defence. He's pretty slow. Hell, even the great Hubie Brown mentioned it during the ESPN game.

Offensively he's a lot like Drummond. He gets most of his pts from put backs, dunks, off rebounds. You know energy plays. He's a better FT shooter than Drummond though so i give him that.
                        Not sure if we watch the same team.

Comment

• As of right now Vucevic is better than JV. I think JV has the higher ceiling, and JV's numbers would be higher on another team.

I would like to see the Raptors improve their team by moving our expiring deals (keep Lou though). We don't need to deal Ross just yet. If we are to deal anyone out of the main rotation I would be comfortable moving GV.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Ross + JV + GV + 1st rounder for Wiggins and Pekovic?
                            Trade talks for wiggins start with every single last asset the raps own. Gotta wait till he pretty much tells Minnesota he ain't gonna re-up with them and they gotta trade him so they don't lose him for nothing. It's gonna be the Kevin Love saga all over again for them
                            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• Ross and GV are definitely the most likely to be moved.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Minnesota may do that, but why do they want Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                                X