Which trade was the most lopsided?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    I agree that trading Thad was the right train of thought for Minny based on fit, and team direction, just don't like the return. I find it hard to believe that KG is the best option out there. It's not like he is an expiring deal, so no real rush to pull the trigger if the return isn't up to snuff. They probably could have waited until the off-season and found a much better return than a mentor KG (which they likely could have had as a free agent signing if they waited until July). Steep price for an extra 5 months of KG mentoring.
    It's like Minny targeted KG and surrendered what the needed to, as opposed to shopping Young for the best possible package. At his age, given his performance this season, KG is worth nothing more than an expiring contract and mid-late 2nd round pick. I think teams would gladly give up much more for Young. Textbook asset mismanagement.

Comment

The Young/KG deal makes absolutely no sense to me. I get that the Wolves may have been nervous that Young would opt out this summer and they would "lose him for nothing", but I have a hard time believing that they couldn't have gotten a better deal than the corpse of KG. Even a pseudo-contender who knew that Young leaving in the summer was a foregone conclusion could have probably put together a better offer in order to add him down the stretch/playoffs. It's like Minnesota was do desperate to put together a "Coming home" video montage for KG that they didn't care what the cost was.

Like most other people, I think the Heat did very well yesterday. Not all first round picks are created equal, and Riley is notorious for not using them, so I don't see the future picks as that big of a loss. Beyond that, all they gave up was their crappy players. Moving forward, Dragic appears to be a perfect fit to not only extend Wade's career but should be a dynamite partner with Bosh in the pick and roll… once his lungs start working again.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        On paper the KG/Thad deal look the most lop sided.. but I think the one that's going to hurt the most is the Dragic to Heat for spare parts trade. Miami got rid of their worst assets and got back an all-star caliber guard.
        Phoenix is already young with decent, improving players.

They have loads of cap space.

By 2017 and 2019 there is a very real possibility those are lottery picks.

I don't think there are any protections, no?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Phoenix is already young with decent, improving players.

They have loads of cap space.

By 2017 and 2019 there is a very real possibility those are lottery picks.

I don't think there are any protections, no?
          Pretty sure 2017 is top 10 protected.

I haven't seen anything for 2021 but I doubt Riley let it go completely unprotected. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

Comment

KJ McDaniels trade was a joke.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
              Pretty sure 2017 is top 10 protected.

I haven't seen anything for 2021 but I doubt Riley let it go completely unprotected. Maybe someone else can shed some light.
              This was updated since last night at realgm:

2017 first round draft pick from Miami
              Miami's 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-7 in 2017 (conveyable if Miami conveys a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2015) and 1-7 in 2018 (conveyable if Miami has conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia by 2016) and unprotected in 2019 [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2021 first round draft pick from Miami
              Miami's 2021 1st round pick to Phoenix [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

Comment

It was nice of MIA to accept Goran's brother in the deal. I wonder if his re-signing will be contingent on their offering his brother a contract too.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                  Philly is 5 years away from being 5 years away.
                  If Philly could draft players before they've been born, they would.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I think Phoenix messed up huge, but not at the deadline. They messed up last summer by putting themselves in the situation where they had a backcourt logjam that led to an unhappy Dragic. They could have dealt Dragic back then for a much better return, they could have kept the LA pick and they wouldn't have to pay Brandon Knight $$$ this summer. They set themselves back a couple of years by trying to be too cute.

Comment

Some hilarious bits in Grantland's email exchange during the trade deadline.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/li...e-wtf-happens/
                      Bill Simmons: Yes or no, would you believe this tweet?

@WojYahooNBA Sources: Suns-Knicks talks for Dragic derailed because of Phil Jackson’s spotty cell phone service in St. Bart’s.

Jason Concepcion: No, simply because St. Barts is the kind of place Roman Abramovic and Lorne Michaels go to hang out, and people that rich would never go anywhere with spotty cell service.

To me, it’s more like: @WojYahooNBA Sources: Suns-Knicks talks for Dragic derailed due to the continuing radioactive fallout from the Bargnani deal.

Comment

Poor Phil, he's having to exert as much genius as it takes to build a championship team just to get this team to a point where they can start building again.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          Miami is playing for now, they have zero thoughts of the future.

I thought Miami would be a scary first round matchup, but now Bosh is out for the season and Miami should be an easy first round matchup. Who starts at PF for them? Haslem? Yuck.
                          Blatche

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Poor Phil, he's having to exert as much genius as it takes to build a championship team just to get this team to a point where they can start building again.
                            Poor, as in $12M/yr base salary. lol. Taking the Knicks job was an end-of-career cash grab in exchange for a bit of hubris.

Comment

Incredibly, Phoenix is planning to waive Kendall Marshall for the second time. If they did not want him, why trade for him? He just had successful surgery on his right ACL on February 4. Talk about kicking a man when he is down. I guess Jason Kidd really is a ruthless SOB.

So the question becomes, who will pick up Marshall's contract off the waiver wires this time? The L. A. Lakers wanted him back, but I am sure Toronto would make a nice place for him to recover and develop his game next season. The question is whether the Toronto front office is willing or able to waive anyone, and the answer is probably no. Marshall is a special talent in this league, an old-school whiz at passing the basketball.
                              Last edited by caccia; Sun Feb 22, 2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I'd love to grab Marshall.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X