Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    wouldn't trust Webber with timeouts
    telling all the players they need to wear there shorts lower.

Comment

• Crowdsource everything.

Comment

• In all seriousness, I always mention Ron Adams (current Warriors asst. coach) in these talks. He's always mentioned as a fantastic teacher of the game.

Of course, at the same time, he's never been a head coach, always an assistant (to several great coaches; Kerr, Stevens, Karl (for what it's worth), Thibs etc.).

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          IF the Raps fire Casey, i want a coach with a lot of NBA experience, a proven winner. Two guys that first comes to mind - Tom Thibodeau and Jeff Van Gundy.
          our ownership should honestly make him the highest payed coach in the League if thats what it takes to get him.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            In all seriousness, I always mention Ron Adams (current Warriors asst. coach) in these talks. He's always mentioned as a fantastic teacher of the game.

Of course, at the same time, he's never been a head coach, always an assistant (to several great coaches; Kerr, Stevens, Karl (for what it's worth), Thibs etc.).
            Only issue I have with Adams is age. Pretty sure he's 68 or 69 years old. Other than that, he's the exact kind of guy we should be looking for, an assistant coach whose been with a lot of successful teams.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
              our ownership should honestly make him the highest payed coach in the League if thats what it takes to get him.
              Primer wrote: View Post
              First off, Casey wasn't a rookie head coach. He was the head coach in Minnesota but got fired.

Name some non-rookie head coaches who have worked out anywhere? The guys who got a shot at head coach and got fired usually suck, e.g. Mike Brown, Mike Woodson, Larry Drew, Dwayne Casey, etc...

Most head coaches who have success were former assistants of a very good team, or former players (Kerr, Kidd).

How about we just make a good hire. I never liked Triano, KO, or Mitchell. All of them seemed obviously bad choices.
              I think casey was promoted to head coach due to an inseason fire, i could be wrong thou but i think this was his first contract as a head coach?? if your using kerr and kidd as examples can you provide a couple names like them because that would be amazing if we can find the next one.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                I think casey was promoted to head coach due to an inseason fire, i could be wrong thou but i think this was his first contract as a head coach?? if your using kerr and kidd as examples can you provide a couple names like them because that would be amazing if we can find the next one.
                Casey was hired by Minnesota before the 2006 season, and was fired mid 2007 season because he's Casey and he's terrible. Funnily enough, he was replaced in Minnesota by Wittman (that's the inseason fire/hire you're thinking of). Basically, never hire a coach that formerly worked for Minnesota.

Comment

• Admittedly I know very little about Obradovic, but I can't help wondering that he and Nurse would be very much on the same wave-length, with Popovich being the common denominator between them. Popovich studied Obradovic's systems, Nurse has presumably studied Popovich's systems very closely. Nurse could be the perfect lead-assistant, continuity guy if we were to go with Obradovic.

Comment

• I don't know why people aren't talking about Tom Sterner more ... He's been an Assistant for a while now, and I'm sure has picked up a ton of great pointers along the way. And no one could motivate the players better than him. You will never see plays off with TS at the helm.

Comment

• ^from our assistants list I would lean heavily to none of them...

Comment

• the usual list of coaches i think would be harder to get because they probably are waiting for better situations
                        cant we scour the college ranks for a good coach like brad stevens
                        also bodmon mentioned nate macmillian ... he took some bad portland and seattle teams and got them to the playoffs (the teams always took a step back after he left with the same roster )
                        he is not usually mentioned for head coaching jobs so i assume you can get him in a reasonable deal

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I don't know why people aren't talking about Tom Sterner more ... He's been an Assistant for a while now, and I'm sure has picked up a ton of great pointers along the way. And no one could motivate the players better than him. You will never see plays off with TS at the helm.
                          For me, it seems like a fresh voice is needed considering how much change is required to turn things around.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            For me, it seems like a fresh voice is needed considering how much change is required to turn things around.
                            Agreed, a certain amount of culture shock is needed. These players are too comfortable with the way things are; would be hard for a current staffer to accomplish that.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I say go after Shane Battier. Need a smart coach. No more idiots please.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I don't know why people aren't talking about Tom Sterner more ... He's been an Assistant for a while now, and I'm sure has picked up a ton of great pointers along the way. And no one could motivate the players better than him. You will never see plays off with TS at the helm.
                                Are you really serious about Sterner? He's entertaining and all, but that schtick would wear out pretty fast if he was the coach and I was a player that had to listen to that all the time. Whole different ballgame when you're a leader of men, responsible for minutes, holding guys accountability and determining how their careers play out. I mean, not to be a killjoy or anything, but isn't Sterner kind of like the William Hung of American Idol fame, where we're all laughing at him because he has no idea how goofy he comes across.

Perhaps I'm being a too dismissive, just based on his persona but I dunno, he's funny and all, but the Sterner joke is kind of way past it's expiration date, no? Sorry, consmap. **ducks**

Comment

Working...
                                X