Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Why do you assume that MU and Casey aren't on the same page? The cognitive dissonance is really getting to you guys. Insubordination. LOL.

And they do run Horns. They ran it last night a bunch of times. They've run it all season.
    They don't run horns as often or as effectively as they did in 2014....after pretty much abandoning it last season.

The insubordination comment should have been phrased as my opinion. 7th on team in 4th Q minutes and playing BB 18 straight while minimal bounce in usage and FGA doesn't jive with what Masai said in off season.

But then again, Masai doesn't jive with what he said when hired re: treadmill.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Guys, let's be serious here. If Ujiri fires Casey, it'll be the assistant with the most experience. So not Nurse, but Rex Kalamian as our new HC, as he's held multiple jobs as an assistant.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        I believe Lowry & McHale have buried the hatchet. I recall reading a piece about the Rockets recruiting Kyle during f/acy. They were the first and McHale was there convincing KL.

Re Houston's ISO...havent seen them play much lately but I can offer an excuse for McHale...in a word someone called Harden. He has the ball in his hand quite a bit and I dont think KM can rock the boat much with him. If the superstar doesnt buy in the coach is pretty much done.
        In any case, Lowry was still inefficient under him so expecting improved play there is unrealistic. Also, their offense was at their best with the ISO. When Harden wasn't on, they were horrid.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I have no interest in McHale.

When it comes to Howard under him, though, Howard had about same number of post ups last season as JV in about half the games played.
        I think any coach would get JV more post ups. We won't need McHale for that. I was talking about his post production... people were giddy about McHale helping Dwight with his post moves and that turned out to be a fantasy.

slaw wrote: View Post
        Why do you assume that MU and Casey aren't on the same page? The cognitive dissonance is really getting to you guys. Insubordination. LOL.

And they do run Horns. They ran it last night a bunch of times. They've run it all season.
        Calling one shitty down-screen and a subsequent ISO "HORNS" would make any basketball purist cry themselves to sleep.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Guys, let's be serious here. If Ujiri fires Casey, it'll be the assistant with the most experience. So not Nurse, but Rex Kalamian as our new HC, as he's held multiple jobs as an assistant.
          There are other ways to look at it.

Kalamian was on Casey's staff in Minnesota too. If he's there to be Casey's guy, he likely gets fired with Casey.

He could be a choice for HC, like you say, if not because of experience then because he's actually formally our lead assistant under Casey right now. It'd be odd to promote an assistant over him because of that...but again, if he's there to be Casey's guy, he could be gone.

He could also be a holdover if they fire Casey, and with all his experience, help a new head coach like Nurse acclimate himself to the job more easily. Or you know, if an even bolder choice of say, promoting Stackhouse is made it makes even more sense to keep a guy like Rex as the lead assistant.

Anyway....I want Casey gone.

Comment

Guys, let's be serious here. If Ujiri fires Casey, it'll be the assistant with the most experience. So not Nurse, but Rex Kalamian as our new HC, as he's held multiple jobs as an assistant.
            Being an assistant and a head coach are very different.

Nurse has by far most head coaching experience.

But I'm not going to sweat the small stuff as long as Casey is fired.

Comment

Interim will likely be an assistant. But that isn't the point of this thread, it's to discuss candidates to take over the long term gig.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Interim will likely be an assistant. But that isn't the point of this thread, it's to discuss candidates to take over the long term gig.
                Oh then in that case y'all talking bout the wrong Kevin!!!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Oh then in that case y'all talking bout the wrong Kevin!!!
                  Haha I would love Ollie too.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• As mcHappy pointed out, firing Casey immediately is the best course of action

The long you wait to start a change is just time wasted

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      As mcHappy pointed out, firing Casey immediately is the best course of action

The long you wait to start a change is just time wasted
                      They would also need to change Mermuys in D-Keague where its just a carbon copy of the big club. Even in DL wherr there is little team play its pretty ridiculous

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        They would also need to change Mermuys in D-Keague where its just a carbon copy of the big club. Even in DL wherr there is little team play its pretty ridiculous
                        Agree. Not a fan of Mermuys

Comment

• I'll take a pylon as our new head coach over Casey.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            I'll take a pylon as our new head coach over Casey.
                            You're forgetting the real hero, Carbon Rod

Comment

• I stand by what I said last summer, get Bruce Bowen on our coaching staff.

Comment

• Get a cardboard cut out of Mr.Bean for all I care. I just don't want to hate my own team for another season.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X