Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Messina the next phil jackson..all of guys give ure head a shake..Best coach..yeah in f@#ken europe,not here and not for this team..
    I go with Jerry Stackhouse,the guy just won D League Championship,so players play for him even though they are not the most talented,Dwayne Casey has lost this team few years back,but his still here and probably b back next year
    Messina's schemes in Europe were very similar to Pop's in San Antonio - so clearly strategically applicable.

If you're suggesting that players wouldn't listen to him then I think you're wrong. Being a top assistant in San Antonio is alone worth players respect.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Now's the time to upgrade.

Here's my first nomination and I think in this case we'd be sitting 1-2 in the series with this coach, which isn't good but still an improvement:

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        My bad, but you think Pop could do the same with the players we have? He's a great coach, but he's also coached great players.
        I'm confident we'd at least be competitive against true contenders (last year's 2 wins against CLE were fools gold...we were not competitive in that series). I'm also confident we'd struggle less with the lower seeds we struggle with in the first/second rounds. A fighting chance is all we're asking for, and we don't have that with Casey. As long as that's true we should change the coach.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Messina the next phil jackson..all of guys give ure head a shake..Best coach..yeah in f@#ken europe,not here and not for this team..
          I go with Jerry Stackhouse,the guy just won D League Championship,so players play for him even though they are not the most talented,Dwayne Casey has lost this team few years back,but his still here and probably b back next year
          I think this is the only Stack shout out? I'd be open to giving him a go.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Stackhouse over Messina is the most mindboggling thing I've heard in a while.

Did we learn nothing from six years of Casey? Do you really want another "motivator" in Casey v2.0?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Stackhouse over Messina is the most mindboggling thing I've heard in a while.

Did we learn nothing from six years of Casey? Do you really want another "motivator" in Casey v2.0?
              I've never watched a Messina-coached (hc) team, but thought the 905 were run well this year.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Now's the time to upgrade.

Here's my first nomination and I think in this case we'd be sitting 1-2 in the series with this coach, which isn't good but still an improvement:
                spot on gif

Comment

Messina may not be an option. He may well have a promise from the Spurs that he'll step in for Pop in a couple years if Pop wants to step back from the sidelines.

I think if the team goes the rebuilding route, Stack makes sense. If not, and Masai is giving this core another chance, probably have to try someone a little more proven, even if it's just a long time assistant.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Messina may not be an option. He may well have a promise from the Spurs that he'll step in for Pop in a couple years if Pop wants to step back from the sidelines.

I think if the team goes the rebuilding route, Stack makes sense. If not, and Masai is giving this core another chance, probably have to try someone a little more proven, even if it's just a long time assistant.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Pop could not coach this roster past LeBron. Pop wasn't able to coach the Spurs roster with hall of fame players past LeBron on a few occasions. It sucks, but I feel like we have to wait out the age of LeBron before there is any hope of advancing.
                      I was just studying some thing called " mathematical reasoning", and you hit me with what you said. I just reached that conclusion, what will we do if there is another player in the NBA similar to Lebron ?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Wouldn't that mean giving Lowry a long term deal? KL would want that. That would be risky if they treadmill with the new coach. It's going to be some very difficult choices for MU.

Comment

• What makes you think Masai is ready to cut ties with Casey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• davywilly wrote: View Post
                            What makes you think Masai is ready to cut ties with Casey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            This thread is musing about the possibility. The basis I believe is that Casey has run his course with this team. Imo the issues are more than just Casey. There are many GMs in the forum

Comment

• davywilly wrote: View Post
                              What makes you think Masai is ready to cut ties with Casey?
                              For that answer, you'd have to check in with #FireCasey and various game threads. This thread is just to discuss and track alternative options.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think Masai has to decide if the treadmill is still good or if he wants to stop & go jump into the deep end of the pool with a rebuild.

The fruit/pieces are here for rebuild already with our depth, and we have a prime superstar player that teams would jump at the chance to obtain in DeRozan. You don't pass up getting a talent like him, especially in his prime years & if you're looking to make a title run. This allows us to focus on the two young guys that we drafted as our new back court in Delon Wright & Norman Powell. He has young centers in Jonas Valanciunas & Jakob Poeltl. He has a raw SF & PF in Bruno Caboclo & Pascal Siakam. He also has Cory Joseph & Demarre Carroll, veterans who could be bench players or traded for more youth.

If he does go young, Stack makes sense. He knows the kids, won a title with them & probably coaches them better than another guy does.

If he sticks to the core & gives the title run one more go, our cap is all used up. Were stuck with what we have... and what we have to be honest is mediocrity. Were the Memphis Grizzlies of the Eastern Conference, a team that can make the playoffs & look great on paper to win a series or two, but it all comes back down to us not being hungry enough.

Speaking of which, what do you think trading DeRozan would net us realistically? IMO, a 1st round pick & two quality players would be enough for me to be happy.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X