Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Sefolosha shot significantly worse with the Hawks than the Thunder, Bazemore also wasn’t as good with the Hawks.
    Oh so you're saying Bud didn't improve them? Funny.

Bud isn't really a better coach than Casey. People are just giving him credit because he's ex-Spurs. His track record is no better really.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Bud isn't really a better coach than Casey. People are just giving him credit because he's ex-Spurs. His track record is no better really.
      I'm giving him credit because I watched a ton of Hawks games. Basing my opinion on what I saw with my eyeballs instead of his playoff record against Lebron. Unconventional, I know.

Comment

My point is he took a team with a bench like that to 60 wins. He definitely made Korver, Teague and Carroll better. Its rare for a coach to make every player on the team better.

Comment

• Pretty sure the Raptors organization and Toronto have a substantially better reputation than the Bucks and Milwaukee.

Comment

• Yeah I don’t buy that any of that makes Bud a better coach than Casey.

Plenty of players came to toronto and had career years.

Lou Will won 6th Man
            Biyombo reached a new peak after his career was in jeopardy
            Patrick Patterson has never played as well as he did under Casey
            Casey’s decision to convert Amir into a starter paid off as Amir played the best stretch of his career

There’s more too

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              I'm giving him credit because I watched a ton of Hawks games. Basing my opinion on what I saw with my eyeballs instead of his playoff record against Lebron. Unconventional, I know.
              Honestly basing Bud’s coaching off of 8 games against Lebron is ridiculous. New team, new situations, it won’t always end up the same. Some coaches coach a new team to a better record, others coach them to a worse record. D’ Antoni comes to mind, had success with the Suns, coached stinkers with the Knicks and Lakers, and now back to success with the Rockets.

Bud in general is known as a good coach.

Comment

Sefolosha started in the finals for the Thunder...
                Bazemore was great on the Lakers...
                Schroder was unknown but a pretty promising pick at #17
                Bazemore doubled his minutes on the Hawks. Scott/Schroder had never proved themselves before professionally.

Bud's considered a good coach generally across the league, this forum is the only place where I'm reading arguments against Bud, and how he's no better than Casey somehow.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  Bazemore doubled his minutes on the Hawks. Scott/Schroder had never proved themselves before professionally.

Bud's considered a good coach generally across the league, this forum is the only place where I'm reading arguments against Bud, and how he's no better than Casey somehow.
                  So is Casey... he's about to win COTY probably. He's in most people's top 10 easily.

Comment

So is Casey... he's about to win COTY probably. He's in most people's top 10 easily.
                    Yeah I'm not really seeing that anywhere at all. He's about to win COTY mostly because he finally turned to shooting 3s and ball movement after several years of ISOs. Most people I've seen on other forums (of other teams or a general forum) have wondered why we haven't fired him earlier - partly cause firing him now is not a good look - because his game planning and tactics have been quite bad throughout his tenure.

Budenholzer on the other hand has proven himself to be quite capable tactically, in game planning, and of course he's run a modern offence since his first season as Coach. His defences have also been quite capable in all of his coaching seasons.

EDIT: In any case, I like the idea of Brent Barry as coach. You've got me TRex.
                    Last edited by Mindlessness; Mon May 14, 2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Sefolosha shot significantly worse with the Hawks than the Thunder, Bazemore also wasn’t as good with the Hawks.
                      Thabo had 1 good year with the Thunder (2012-13), his career with the Hawks was better overall, but still relatively the same. He's an ok bench player and he played that way for both teams.

Bazemore played much better with the Hawks. He got the most minutes on the tanking Lakers for 23 games, but his defense was non existant.

Comment

Thabo had 1 good year with the Thunder (2012-13), his career with the Hawks was better overall, but still relatively the same. He's an ok bench player and he played that way for both teams.

Bazemore played much better with the Hawks. He got the most minutes on the tanking Lakers for 23 games, but his defense was non existant.
                        Fair enough, I was basing it off of their stats.

Comment

• When was the coaching COTY voted on?

Because other than trying to support one of their own who looked like he might potentially be fired, I'll never understand how Brad Stevens doesn't get a single vote after the season he had, missing two of his top players for substantial periods while Casey had Lowry, DD and JV for substantially the entire season.

Not really asking how Casey won it but how did Stevens get sooooooooo entirely shafted?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            When was the coaching COTY voted on?

Because other than trying to support one of their own who looked like he might potentially be fired, I'll never understand how Brad Stevens doesn't get a single vote after the season he had, missing two of his top players for substantial periods while Casey had Lowry, DD and JV for substantially the entire season.

Not really asking how Casey won it but how did Stevens get sooooooooo entirely shafted?
                            WOW, Brad Stevens got zero votes for coach of the year. I didn't believe you so I had to look it up. Shows how meaningless that award is.

Comment

WOW, Brad Stevens got zero votes for coach of the year. I didn't believe you so I had to look it up. Shows how meaningless that award is.
                              That was the "fake" COY. It was voted on by NBA coaches which is a new thing (started last year apparently). The "real" COY is usually announced in June.. that one is voted by the media.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                That was the "fake" COY. It was voted on by NBA coaches which is a new thing (started last year apparently). The "real" COY is usually announced in June.. that one is voted by the media.
                                Actually it was usually announced before the playoffs right? Last year was the first year they released all the awards after the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X