Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment
    replied
    Patching our biggest need: Fire Casey

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    SG by a mile.

PP-JV-JJ-??-KL

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    OakTree wrote: View Post
    Voting Results:

Small Forward 10 - 35.71%
    Power Forward 20 - 71.43%

Total: 30 votes - 107.14%

Poll was set up to take mulitple votes. I guess someone disagrees with themselves and has voted twice in a binary question.

That or the calculator module used here was stolen from Kathleen Wynnes finance department where nothing has to add up :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    This is what I want to occur in the offseason myself. I think most people would be happy with this.

1. Bring back TH, LF & CH. Let Amir, Lou and Steamer go.

2. Sign Carroll. Veteran guy whose proven. This moves Ross to the 2 and JJ to the 4.

3. Bring in a PF in the draft.

4. Invite Daniels to SL to compete with Bruno & Fields for backup 3 playing time.

Rotations next year:

KL
    DD
    DC
    PP
    JV

Bench:
    GV
    TR
    LF/DeAD/BC
    TH/JJ/??
    LN/CH

THat's not bad line-up. Maybe bring back De Colo too?
    That's a great line-up. If our goal is to miss the playoffs that is.

No to Hans, no to JJ predominantly being a 4, no to Chuck getting any minutes, and absolute flat out NO CHANCE to Landry.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    KL, JV, Bebe, Bruno, Ross, Hayes, JJ, Patterson, Amir

Those are the only guys who deserve to be here next season. Fuck C****, Fuck D******, Fuck L**, Fuck V******

And our biggest need is a system.

Leave a comment:

• OakTree
    replied
    Voting Results:

Small Forward 10 - 35.71%
    Power Forward 20 - 71.43%

Total: 30 votes - 107.14%

Leave a comment:

• OakTree
    replied
    Let Hansbrough, Fields, Hayes, Stiemsma, Lou Williams walk, bring back Amir.

Sign DeMarre Carroll, Ed Davis, and a vet PG that wants to win, and doesn't mind playing short minutes.

Starters:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Carroll
    Amir
    Jonas

Bench:

Greivis
    Ross
    James Johnson
    Patterson
    Ed Davis
    Vet PG (Mo Williams/Jameer Nelson?)
    BeBe
    Bruno
    Draft Pick (any position, draft on talent)
    Wing depth/big depth depending on draft pick.

I don't understand why we wouldn't resign Amir. He probably won't demand a big contract, and he'll play off the bench if asked. He's really important for team chemistry, and it also looks poorly on management if they dump him, especially if he signs cheap somewhere else. Amir stays.

The SF position is the most glaring weakness. Ross is not a SF. We start someone at SF who is not a SF. I don't see how much more obvious it could be that we need a starting SF.

Whenever we face an LBJ/Joe Johnson/Carmelo, Ross switches off and DeMar takes the assignment. Sure, Ross will start the game trying to guard them, but eventually Casey always moves our SG over to guard the opposing SF. How telling is that? There are always going to be bad match ups with Ross starting at SF. We need more size there.

I know people love JJ, but he's not a starter, especially not with our starters. Good bench player, but not a starter. He can't shoot, he makes poor decisions, and holds the ball too much for no reason when he should move it. He can guard multiple positions, so he's useful, but you don't want to have to play him 30 minutes when LBJ comes to town.

We need a starter that can match up against big wings. Draymond would be ideal, but hard to get. DeMarre is a nice under the radar pick up that's been very successful this year. Thad Young could be an option if he opts out, though he might prefer to be a free agent in 2016. Kyle Singler might be a good buy low option, though isn't proven defensively.

Ed Davis can play at the 4 and back up the 5. He is well liked in the organization. Also, if Amir's minutes are limited (which they should be), Ed can pick up the slack. I'm all in on replacing Hansbrough with Ed Davis.
    Last edited by OakTree; Thu Mar 19, 2015, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    the thing with Landry is he knows how to play, and when he does play (which is rare) he's always prepared and always gives 100%. that's a certainty. he plays the same when he's in for a couple minutes as when he starts. he always plays within himself and is great for team chemistry.

i'd rather have a guy like that as my end of bench player than an uncertainty.
    Everything you said could be said about 50-75% of the league. It's like when the best compliment you can give someone is "they're nice". He "gives it his all" and "is always prepared" shouldn't earn you an NBA roster spot.

The end of bench is best suited for guys like Bruno who need time to develop since end of bench doesn't really get minutes. All the vets on the team should be there to play, not for locker room chemistry (not that chemistry doesn't matter, but I don't see anyone on the team hurting it outside of Casey). Make Landry an assistant coach if he's so good for chemistry, because he's damn near useless on the court with that broken shot.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    the thing with Landry is he knows how to play, and when he does play (which is rare) he's always prepared and always gives 100%. that's a certainty. he plays the same when he's in for a couple minutes as when he starts. he always plays within himself and is great for team chemistry.

i'd rather have a guy like that as my end of bench player than an uncertainty.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Landry is a smart player and is a good guy to have on the bench for chemistry reasons.. however I personally would rather spend cash and acquire a second pick and to fill his spot on the bench with a rookie.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    If he has no shot, then how exactly is he a 3 and D guy? Sounds more like an average D guy with no 3. Fields will be lucky to be in the NBA next season, and I won't be surprised if no one signs him.

I think the lineup you listed would be a lot worse than this years team. Lose Amir and Lou and replace them with no one at their positions. Only add Demarre Carroll. Our PF rotation is backup players entirely, our bench is much worse with no scorers, but we have improved at starting SF. The only way I'd be happy with that offseason is if Casey was canned and a coach we're excited about is brought in, but I'd still be questioning Masai's roster building.

Fields, Hansbrough, and Hayes should all be let go. Two of those guys play essentially zero minutes right now, yet you have them as players to bring back?
    1. Playmaking SF & D guy is what I meant there, Primer.

2. I said we could grab a PF in the draft. I don't know who we should target though... and PP takes over as our starter while JJ backs him up.

3. All 3 guys help out on D. Defense wins championships. WE need good defenders on our bench, no?

Agreed on canning Casey. He's the real axe I hope falls.
    Last edited by Cody73; Wed Mar 18, 2015, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Easy answer to that: I think Fields is better than most people do. Yes, he has lost his shot. But besides that, he's a fine backup playmaking 3 & D guy.

Look at what he does off the ball when he plays. He also passes effectively, which will help move our offense especially if GV is jacking up shots like has this year.

Also, I personally feel Daniels deserves a fair look. He's been playing well in the NBL this year for Perth, and is transitioning along nicely, which is why I wanna see him in SL.

Also, JJ can fill in minutes at the 3 as well if needed there considering Handsborough can play the 4.

Plus, look at what Carroll provides. Leadership, Defense, Consistency and Hunger. All of those will help our younger guys grow if we were to nab him. He's just that perfect fit in so many ways.... albeit there are a few other guys I'd consider as well (Middleton, Harris, Barnes, Montejunas all come to mind)
    If he has no shot, then how exactly is he a 3 and D guy? Sounds more like an average D guy with no 3. Fields will be lucky to be in the NBA next season, and I won't be surprised if no one signs him.

I think the lineup you listed would be a lot worse than this years team. Lose Amir and Lou and replace them with no one at their positions. Only add Demarre Carroll. Our PF rotation is backup players entirely, our bench is much worse with no scorers, but we have improved at starting SF. The only way I'd be happy with that offseason is if Casey was canned and a coach we're excited about is brought in, but I'd still be questioning Masai's roster building.

Fields, Hansbrough, and Hayes should all be let go. Two of those guys play essentially zero minutes right now, yet you have them as players to bring back?

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Go after Al Jefferson. This guy is sooooooooo underrated. He's a force inside and can play both big spots.

If he doesn't take his player option, sign him. If he's taking it, I'd be willing to trade DeMar for him.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Why Landry Fields? Can we not find someone else to ride the bench for the minimum
    Easy answer to that: I think Fields is better than most people do. Yes, he has lost his shot. But besides that, he's a fine backup playmaking 3 & D guy.

Look at what he does off the ball when he plays. He also passes effectively, which will help move our offense especially if GV is jacking up shots like has this year.

Also, I personally feel Daniels deserves a fair look. He's been playing well in the NBL this year for Perth, and is transitioning along nicely, which is why I wanna see him in SL.

Also, JJ can fill in minutes at the 3 as well if needed there considering Handsborough can play the 4.

Plus, look at what Carroll provides. Leadership, Defense, Consistency and Hunger. All of those will help our younger guys grow if we were to nab him. He's just that perfect fit in so many ways.... albeit there are a few other guys I'd consider as well (Middleton, Harris, Barnes, Montejunas all come to mind)

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Why Landry Fields? Can we not find someone else to ride the bench for the minimum
    Ya, like our first round draft pick? We need to get rid of dead weight not keep it around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X