Everything Non-Raptors 23-24 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

In hindsight, it does seems weird that the old core (+ Trent, Precious, Boucher) couldn’t even make the playoffs.
    would love to hear more from you about nick nurse's role in this outcome

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

would love to hear more from you about nick nurse's role in this outcome
      In terms of coaching above talent provided, I don't expect that much from Nurse, and he usually meets expectations.

His bigger role in that season's outcome was his "coaching guys to get paid" philosophy, which when combined with other team leader's "Bet on Yourself" mantra, resulted in Masai summarizing the season as being selfish.

While I correctly called the "Raps are playing for contracts" dynamic very early in that season (which posters on here scoffed at, as usual), I completely forgot to factor in that Nurse himself was also coaching for a contract extension. And that dynamic culminated in Nurse giving an unpromptu job interview in Philly while still coaching for the Raps, with a cluster of dysfunctionality also happening on his own coaching staff.

Comment

In terms of coaching above talent provided, I don't expect that much from Nurse, and he usually meets expectations.

His bigger role in that season's outcome was his "coaching guys to get paid" philosophy, which when combined with other team leader's "Bet on Yourself" mantra, resulted in Masai summarizing the season as being selfish.

While I correctly called the "Raps are playing for contracts" dynamic very early in that season (which posters on here scoffed at, as usual), I completely forgot to factor in that Nurse himself was also coaching for a contract extension. And that dynamic culminated in Nurse giving an unpromptu job interview in Philly while still coaching for the Raps, with a cluster of dysfunctionality also happening on his own coaching staff.
        didn't think i'd have to say "must everything be in pink font" again but here we are

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

didn't think i'd have to say "must everything be in pink font" again but here we are
          lol. I know you were being facetious, but you teed it up nicely, and like moth to flame…

Comment

The pick was always going to be a losing scenario unless the Fvv/Siakam/OG/Barnes/Jak core took off.

In hindsight, it does seems weird that the old core (+ Trent, Precious, Boucher) couldn’t even make the playoffs.
            I mean, they did, once. And could have the next year if they had Jak for a whole season. The real shame is this past season. The way they punted on any chance of success by starting Schroder for half the season was shameful. The injuries late is whatever, they'd already torn down by that point.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Would be sad if the T-Wolves let this happen.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Would be sad if the T-Wolves let this happen.

Wizards tried to pull the same shit on us.

Comment

• Winners attract scavengers like shit attracks flies
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Dream.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Is it possible that Hakeem was better but Shaq was more dominant? Does that even make sense?

Comment

The Dream.

If you put them both in today's NBA Hakeem would be way better.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Winners attract scavengers like shit attracks flies
                          Well Minnesota scavenged Connelly from Denver 2 offseasons ago. He was the GM who took over and built their powerhouse after the Raptors scavenged Masai from them.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Is it possible that Hakeem was better but Shaq was more dominant? Does that even make sense?
                            No. How can you be more dominant when one is better than you?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

No. How can you be more dominant when one is better than you?
                              Well, I think it's obvious that Hakeem was more skilled. But Shaq was an unstoppable brute force, but not nearly as skilled. He had great footwork and fairly athletic for his size, but that size is the key. It made him more dominant than Hakeem IMO. But I'd still hesitate to say he was better.

Comment

• NBA All-Defense voting results. Not a single Raptor received a vote. Shocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X