Game #71: Toronto Raptors 104 - Detroit Pistons 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    With regards to the bold, I'd be more inclined to agree if you added "help". He's a fantastic man defender already, having shown tremendous improvement even from the start of this season. As for the help defense, I certainly agree that he has room for improvement, but I think it's fair to say that the system is at least partly to blame for making him look so bad at times. How often does he face 2-on-1 breaks from within the key, where he has to defend both defenders (perimeter defense allowed easy penetration and nobody has rotated to defend his man if/when he leaves him).
    This ties into a point I made in another thread. Looking at two-man lineups, who do you think is the partner with which JV has the lowest on-court defensive rating?

I'll give you a hint - it's not James Johnson.

Edit: among pairings with at least 30 minutes played together for the entire season.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
      Be honest am I the only one who wants raptors to finish 4th and face Wizards

we will most likely beat the Wizs then go on to face the Hawks and i love our chances against the hawks aswell.

We will face either heat or bucks in the first then cavs in the second.

Why not finish 4th, Destroy wizards like we always do, beat the hawks, face to cavs/bulls in the ECF

screw 50 wins (even doe i really want it) we can get it next year
      Beating the Wizards is not a given --that series could go either way.

I want miami vs Cleveland in 2-7 matchup. Miami has owned LBJ this year.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        This ties into a point I made in another thread. Looking at two-man lineups, who do you think is the partner with which JV has the lowest on-court defensive rating?

I'll give you a hint - it's not James Johnson.

Edit: among pairings with at least 30 minutes played together for the entire season.
        And because I have zero patience: it's DeMar DeRozan. He is one of the only guys on the team who actually plays the system, and rotates down to cover JV's man when he is trapped helping under the basket.

Now, the fact that apparently it takes a half-dozen years of experience in Casey's system to play it properly is not a great sign, but it really shows the value DD brings defensively in spite of his individual defensive deficiencies.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ooh, more defensive fun. What happens when you out the team's best individual defender out with the team's best system defender (JJ out with DD)? A 96.4 defensive rating, over a very decent 30+ game sample size.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Ooh, more defensive fun. What happens when you out the team's best individual defender out with the team's best system defender (JJ out with DD)? A 96.4 defensive rating, over a very decent 30+ game sample size.
            But noooo Casey won't ever play them together because Ross spaces the floor. For a defensive coach he really makes decisions based off of offense way too much
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              But noooo Casey won't ever play them together because Ross spaces the floor. For a defensive coach he really makes decisions based off of offense way too much
              Sometimes I imagine Casey wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat shouting:

SPACING! SPACING! SPACING!

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                I think ross is being force fed minuets by not just Casey but by management at this point. I think their trying to up his value for the offseason and show he can still be a starter in this league or maybe they just don't wanna give up on him yet.

Because it was weird Casey burying him on the bench for weeks then all of a sudden say, "we need terrence for spacing so were gonna start him again." It was clearly a move by someone higher than Casey.
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Greg Monroe out. Salami and Cheese time.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Greg Monroe out. Salami and Cheese time.
                    I'm just happy that DJ Augustin is out west. He's the real Raptor killer.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      I think ross is being force fed minuets by not just Casey but by management at this point. I think their trying to up his value for the offseason and show he can still be a starter in this league or maybe they just don't wanna give up on him yet.

Because it was weird Casey burying him on the bench for weeks then all of a sudden say, "we need terrence for spacing so were gonna start him again." It was clearly a move by someone higher than Casey.
                      Yea I think that's probably what happened as well. From what Masai keeps saying to the media it seems like he loves Terrence a lot, I don't know why. He could just be saying that to the media to up Terrence's value though.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I'm just happy that DJ Augustin is out west. He's the real Raptor killer.
                        DJ Augustin looking amazing everywhere he's been since Toronto is another testament to Casey's horrible system and coaching

Comment

Augustin was horrible in Indiana. I would have sworn no one ever taught him how to pass the ball inside. Either that, or he's so short he was afraid to attempt it.

The Pistons are just playing out the string at this point. Time to stomp on their tail pipes.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                            Augustin was horrible in Indiana. I would have sworn no one ever taught him how to pass the ball inside. Either that, or he's so short he was afraid to attempt it.

The Pistons are just playing out the string at this point. Time to stomp on their tail pipes.
                            That's true. I forgot about Indiana

Comment

Lowry will play tonight

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

...Did you lose a bet that I missed? Lol Nice avatar. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X