Game #72: Toronto Raptors 103 - Chicago Bulls 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is exactly it.

They hit shots more frequent than normal.

Lou, GV, DD, and Ross combined to shoot 50%.

That is an abnormality for this season to put it mildly.

The offense, on a night to night basis, is unsustainable.

But all that is irrelevant really. They are the 25th defensive team in the league and 28th in opponent field goal %. That is Triano-like. We've really come full circle.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      The offense wasn't humming. Raps were hitting unsustainably insane shots. So, says an un-biased Bulls blog, anyways....

This has been the complaint about the Raps offense from a lot of posters, really early on. It relies on one or more of our guards to go supernova.
      I was more responding to the point that Jack made about the Raptors defense feeding off their offense and was merely pointing out that even when the offense was scoring 25 and 28 points in a quarter it seemingly had no affect on the atrocious defense cause they gave up 30 and 27, respectively. The problems go far beyond momentum, effort, etc.

The broader point I am trying to make is that it the constant complaining about the offense strikes me as entirely missing the point about why this team is losing. Even if they managed to do everything people want offensively (i.e. turn into GSW overnight) the difference that would make is immaterial. The Warriors have an ORTG of 111.5 and the Raptors are at 111. "Fixing" the offense won't do a damn thing because they are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA. Full stop.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        That is exactly it.

They hit shots more frequent than normal.

Lou, GV, DD, and Ross combined to shoot 50%.

That is an abnormality for this season to put it mildly.

The offense, on a night to night basis, is unsustainable.

But all that is irrelevant really. They are the 25th defensive team in the league and 28th in opponent field goal %. That is Triano-like. We've really come full circle.
        At least Triano knew he wasn't a defensive coach.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          At least Triano knew he wasn't a defensive coach.
          And actually coached a nice offense

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
            Washington just lost to the Pacers, so the Raptors' hold on 4th place has actually solidified. The Wizards are now 2 1/2 games behind. Someone asked last night if I thought the Wizards would be a good match for Toronto, and the answer is, yes.
            especially since we whooped indiana by like 20 recently even with our struggles

Comment

Working...
            X