X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowry and derozan = 2nd best backcourt in the nba

according to nba.com

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/hca/03/...=iref:nbahpt6c

The Raptors are an example of yet another backcourt that has struggled with health, as DeRozan missed much of the season with an injury and is finally beginning to return to form. He is averaging almost 23 points per game this month, his highest mark of the season, and Lowry is an All-Star. Lowry has also been injured as of late, but perhaps this rest will do the feisty bulldog some good. If the Raps want to make any noise in the Eastern Conference playoffs, this duo will need to be in prime form.

They NAILED it. Agreed w/ that list 110% They're bang on on their comments as well.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

You'd think, based off the vitriol around here, that we had the 2nd worst backcourt in the league.

Comment

The key thing from that blurb is "prime form". As the PG and two primary ball handlers, they need to initiate the offense and get the entire team involved, not play take-a-turn hero-ball. The team falls apart when they try to win games singlehandedly, which only encourages Vasquez and Lou to do the same with the second unit. The reporter is absolutely correct that this team lives and dies with their guard play, but it has nothing to do with their individual performances - reverse logic.

Comment

We're going to need them to be the 2nd best backcourt if we're going to do anything in the playoffs.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

dd and kyle enjoy playing with each other and I hope have a playoff indicative of the position on the article. It is nice to see dd hitting the analytical 3 and playmaking lately. Hopefully this injury layoff helps kyle get his legs back the big plays he is known for.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              You'd think, based off the vitriol around here, that we had the 2nd worst backcourt in the league.
              I'd put Paul-reddick, Korver-teague, and if healthy wade-dragic over them.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                no way jose but oh so close

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  no way jose but oh so close
                  that sentence doesn't make sense.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I am saying I do not agree but understand how good the back courts you mentioned are

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      I am saying I do not agree but understand how good the back courts you mentioned are
                      Replace our guards with the guards I mentioned and I'm sure we end up with a better team.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Assuming Kobe / Nash is # 1

Comment

Derrick Rose Jimmy Butler shouldn't be on that list. Rose hasn't been able to be healthy for three years and the little time he has been on the floor has been unspectacular.

Where is Tony Parker and Danny Green? I'd definitely take them over Rondo and Ellis.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            That's cool. I wouldn't.
                            Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 1, 2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              That's cool. I wouldn't.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                              X