Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather a first round win or #FireCasey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    The losing in round 1 and 2 is what's going to do him in. If they lose to Cavs in second round this year he likely is gone. Of all the teams in the east the Bulls are probably the one team that could knock off the CAVS. Yes I know the Hawks are good but I just don't see the Hawks beating the Cavs.
    But do you really think Thibs should be fired?

I don't, he's going to get hired again within about a week of getting fired.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      But do you really think Thibs should be fired?

I don't, he's going to get hired again within about a day of getting fired.
      Fixed
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Fixed
        lol

The only thing with him is that he feuds with management (though Chicago seems to be a shitshow) and he does these absurd things with minutes.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
          lol

The only thing with him is that he feuds with management (though Chicago seems to be a shitshow) and he does these absurd things with minutes.
          Chicago's management always feuds with their coaches. Been going on 20 years now.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            As has already been mentioned, this poll is kind of deceptive because it doesn't have the option that would blow the others clear out of the water:

-First round win and Casey is fired. If that was an option it would easily garner the vast majority of votes. It's why I'm not even voting.

Most fans want us to win, but nothing short of a championship (probably) would clear Casey of all the bullshit he's done as a coach. It's time for a new voice.
            Yeah it is unfortunate the discussion is what it has become.

It wasn't meant to show what you want to happen (which is what you described) rather what you would prefer if given only those two choices.

There were a few posts from different people that explained the premise quite eloquently and understood the spirt of the thread.

Comment

• Maybe the new question to ask is, is it possible for Casey to redeem himself during the playoffs?

What if the entire purpose of the season was a 82 game basketball drill in practising defensive strategies that probably wouldn't work in-game but if internalized by the players and used properly situationally could be effective in the playoffs?

What if employing a 'star-system' approach to offence was used to improve the confidence of the 2 biggest guns on the team for when it's needed in the big moments of the playoffs but ball movement and a 'team-ball' approach were used during the majority of the playoff games? Or maybe simply save the best plays for the playoffs instead of having them scouted by the opposition.

Seems unlikely, but if there are teams actively tanking why wouldn't a team that knows it has the top spot in the Division guaranteed by December operate within the big picture too?

Many of us agreed Casey was a defensive genius when he was first hired and during his first season in charge. That team had no business winning games with their talent level and neither did the Mavericks vs Lebron, Wade & Bosh in their prime. Did he really get that stupid over the last few years? Maybe..

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Chicago's management always feuds with their coaches. Been going on 20 years now.
                Bulls front office and owner are weird. They run the team like a small market team and then micro manage the coach

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  I see you keep posting these kinds of statements but if you look at the Raptors roster the homegrown guys (e.g. JV, DD, Amir) have improved year over year and the transplants (Lowry, Patterson, Williams) have had career years in Toronto. So if Casey is terrible at player development compared to "other franchises" then someone else in the organization is clearly doing a great job despite how awful Casey is.

As I've posted before, you have absolutely no idea what the Raptors do with their players in terms of development other than what you read online/in papers/see on tv like the rest of us. None of us do. All we can do is draw inferences from player performance and your inferences are false on their face.
                  JV was called the most disappointing player this season. It isn't his play butusage. Everybody wonders why he is so marginalized. Demar has developed his basketball skills but not his role within a team. He is given the role to be a dominant scorer and he's not. He has more to offer than just ISO driving into an entire team. Amir was developed by Detroit he was just given playing time in Toronto.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    +1, 000, 000

People here forget just how bad things were just a couple years ago. It's not easy to win in the NBA.
                    A couple years ago Casey was coach too

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      That's because the internet is full of "meta" fans who think they're oh so smart. Talk to Joe Sports on the street, he's got his jersey on saying go team go no matter what. I like Joe Sports on the street.
                      Joe Sports on the street watches games and also wonder why don't the raptors ever pass? How come number 10 and 23 keep shooting and missing bad shots in the second quarter with so much time on the clock. Lots of stuff leVes Joe Sport scratching his head too. Listen to other teams commentators

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        A couple years ago Casey was coach too
                        Yeah and haven't things gotten better?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah and haven't things gotten better?
                          Demar got older JV arrived, Lowry starts and some players were added and half the conference needed to rebuild.Basically everything Casey had no part in has helped create a team with a chance to advance beyond the first round if they had a legit head coach. Casey sucks

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Demar got older JV arrived, Lowry starts and some players were added and half the conference needed to rebuild.Basically everything Casey had no part in has helped create a team with a chance to advance beyond the first round if they had a legit head coach. Casey sucks
                            Lol your something else. Give credit when its due. So what do you have to say about veteran players like Lou, Lowry, Amir and Pat having career years under Casey?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Lol your something else. Give credit when its due. So what do you have to say about veteran players like Lou, Lowry, Amir and Pat having career years under Casey?
                              Lou and Lowry are really inefficient , 2Pats is seriously underused and Amir is having a terrible year. Every player Casey has managed over two years has regressed sometimes, Gay and Bargs to comical levels

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I see you keep posting these kinds of statements but if you look at the Raptors roster the homegrown guys (e.g. JV, DD, Amir) have improved year over year and the transplants (Lowry, Patterson, Williams) have had career years in Toronto. So if Casey is terrible at player development compared to "other franchises" then someone else in the organization is clearly doing a great job despite how awful Casey is.

As I've posted before, you have absolutely no idea what the Raptors do with their players in terms of development other than what you read online/in papers/see on tv like the rest of us. None of us do. All we can do is draw inferences from player performance and your inferences are false on their face.
                                I'm not saying they haven't gotten better, as that is more of a function of players themselves getting better.

Both JV and Amir are playing well, but not nearly as well as they could in a proper system. It's all relative. And under Casey, they relatively suck compared to what they can do.

DD get's a free pass, but he was better under Triano, and probably would have developed better under Triano.

Comment

Working...
                                X