Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather a first round win or #FireCasey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    I think the toronto fans need an honest approach from masai. Give it to us raw.. We got raped in the 2nd half of the season, swept in the playoffs and Casey is still here
    Why are people so obsessed with the expectation that ujiri should be the first gm in history to make his blueprint public knowledge? Let the gm, and the offseason breathe. He's the one sitting in an office with every scenario on a large board, putting in long hours surrounded by basketball folks a lot smarter than you and I. Believe me, they want to win just as badly or worse. I don't get this immpatience for the life of me. Look at our situation compared to the day BC was hired. We're on track. Nobody promised being a contender by year 2. Not tim, not masai. Nobody even promised a first round win. Its going to take another year or 2 (I know that doesn't jive with this instant gratification internet fan era) to truly judge the GM.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Why are people so obsessed with the expectation that ujiri should be the first gm in history to make his blueprint public knowledge? Let the gm, and the offseason breathe. He's the one sitting in an office with every scenario on a large board, putting in long hours surrounded by basketball folks a lot smarter than you and I. Believe me, they want to win just as badly or worse. I don't get this immpatience for the life of me. Look at our situation compared to the day BC was hired. We're on track. Nobody promised being a contender by year 2. Not tim, not masai. Nobody even promised a first round win. Its going to take another year or 2 (I know that doesn't jive with this instant gratification internet fan era) to truly judge the GM.
      You have a point. I've (we) have been disappointed too many times.. I just want some Assurity.
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

You have a point. I've (we) have been disappointed too many times.. I just want some Assurity.
        I just want....

Comment

• lol
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• This is a depressing one.

We got the absolute worse possible outcome: swept AND Casey stays.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              The problem is that by year 2, our core should've been identified already. The remaining 2-3 years would allow that core to grow, while adding complementary pieces around them.

But based on the last 2 years, the only thing I see is a core that shouldn't be considered a core. Yes, we've had the 2 best regular seasons in franchise history, but I can't confidently say we're closer to a title than during the BC era. The drawing board is still staring us in the face.

Comment

• But now we know for sure that players who were "young" and "improving" 2 years ago (*cough DD) or listed as "potential core" (Ross) now are not core pieces.

Instead of jumping in and oicking names out of his hat for core pieces, MU now has a clear understanding of which players are his core guys. Now he can build a team around a core that is better designed to win than the one he was dealt 2 years ago.

He is playing the long game. Which is refreshing and frustrating at the same time

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  But now we know for sure that players who were "young" and "improving" 2 years ago (*cough DD) or listed as "potential core" (Ross) now are not core pieces.

Instead of jumping in and oicking names out of his hat for core pieces, MU now has a clear understanding of which players are his core guys. Now he can build a team around a core that is better designed to win than the one he was dealt 2 years ago.

He is playing the long game. Which is refreshing and frustrating at the same time
                  He does?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    He does?
                    JV.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      JV.
                      Personally, I don't know if Jonas is a future "star", or simply a "pretty good player". And because of this uncertainty, Masai's core needs to be 2-3 players. He doesn't have that yet.

Comment

The problem is that by year 2, our core should've been identified already. The remaining 2-3 years would allow that core to grow, while adding complementary pieces around them.

But based on the last 2 years, the only thing I see is a core that shouldn't be considered a core. Yes, we've had the 2 best regular seasons in franchise history, but I can't confidently say we're closer to a title than during the BC era. The drawing board is still staring us in the face.
                        The problem with acquiring a new core is you have to shed the old coree first. When he came on board, our core was andrea bargnani, rudy gay, demar derozan and kyle lowry. Two great returns for the first two mentioned (still havennt seen the whole return for bargs, possibly picking between 3-10 in 2016 draft). After seeing instant sucess, he decided to stay the course/tinker because we had zero cap room so it was either that or tank and you can't tank when your starved fan base is finally seeing playoffs. He obviously identified lowry as someone he sees being on a ltitle team" core, not as the top dog he currently is, but more as a third banana as his salary would indicate. He has not identified derozan one way or the other yet, I do find it telling he's never really said anything about wanting to extend him to be a raptor for years. We'll find out a bit this offseason, when bit players/role players/quasi core guys start coming off the books, but especially next year with dd, ross and jv all up for renewal. Change is coming in a big way. You first need a chance to do it.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He does?
                          JV & Bruno (Hopefully)
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• When you have star player, Good coaches will come :

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...-coach-opening
                            Jeff Van Gundy a new candidate to be Pelicans head coach

We just do not have the talent to attract good coaches.

Comment

I think the toronto fans need an honest approach from masai. Give it to us raw.. We got raped in the 2nd half of the season, swept in the playoffs and Casey is still here
                              Exactly. He said we would not be stuck in the middle.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                But now we know for sure that players who were "young" and "improving" 2 years ago (*cough DD) or listed as "potential core" (Ross) now are not core pieces.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                He does?
                                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Personally, I don't know if Jonas is a future "star", or simply a "pretty good player". And because of this uncertainty, Masai's core needs to be 2-3 players. He doesn't have that yet.
                                His core is Wiggins.

Seriously.

Every move being considered/made is being done so to have the most attractive situation possible for the first moment he can sign Wiggins.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X