2015 Playoff Round #1: Raptors v Wizards - Predictions/Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one to wrote: View Post
    Does anyone think this series will possibly be scouted by Kevin Durant? Speculation has both teams as potential destinations for him..
    I was just going to joke about this series being the Durant Cup

Comment

one to wrote: View Post
      Does anyone think this series will possibly be scouted by Kevin Durant? Speculation has both teams as potential destinations for him..
      At some point here it's going to be time to start worrying about Durant's foot.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        KD on one foot >>> Anyone on the Raptors
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
            Durrant doesn't care about the Raptors.

Wiz in 6. a lot of Raps backers on this but I can't back the worse defensive team in this series (Raps) over a team that has been to the 2nd round already.

That season sweep means nothing and it will end up biting them in the behind, because Washington will have plenty of motivation in a 7 game series. Don't see the Raptors pulling this one out, especially if it's going to be a 3 ball iso offence. That style of basketball doesn't work in the playoffs.
            I have huge concerns re our D too. Even that said this is a series we could win BUT could lose too. A lot depends on DC...

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Yes could be something that may linger the rest of his career

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Its no secret American Channels don't pull in as much revenue when airing the Raptors, as they only have half the American Fans tuning in as that of a "normal" game. Add in this is a 4-5 and it doesn't surprise me.
                whats this, logic. dont see to much of that here lol and no its because we suck and will never be as good as the americans, it has nothing to do with ratings not counting from Canadian veiwers for the american networks trying to sell air time to big companys so they can sell more goods through adverting in america, or the simply fact that our entire population is the same size as New York.

Comment

Comment

Tomorrow we need this Greivis.

Let's go raptors!!!!!!!

Comment

Mauro150611 wrote: View Post

Let's go raptors!!!!!!!
                      We really do. He normally comes on it the playoffs so hopefully he does it again. I'm gonna miss the game but this is exciting times
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'm gonna play devils advocate for the Raps.

Wash takes this in 7.

Our perimeter defense is terrible, so a healthy Beal and Wall should dismantle our team.

Lou will be effective for the first couple of games but productivity should plummet as Washington figures out how to defend him. Stop Lou and you pretty much kill our team (sad)

Nene will struggle all series minus one or two games. Same for Amir.

JV will dominate early, only to be benched by Casey more and more as the series goes on, allowing Gortat to have big second, late third, and early fourth quarters.

Beal will effectively guard DD, minus the one game that DD gets him into foul trouble. Beal is a good ball handler and a good passer. He is going to kill us on close outs. DD will continue to go for long twos as his handles are not good enough to get to the rim in an ISO. He will get to the rim off of pin down sets that will get him some breathing room

Wall vs Lowry will be awesome.

Ross will seemingly have a meh playoff series, that is until we look at the numbers and he put up a quietly efficient series of games.

Casey will somehow lose the coaching matchup vs Whittman (which seems impossible)

Comment

The matchup I've been wishing for since last season. We move on in 6 and make it interesting against the Hawks. LETS GOOOOOO

Comment

Here's a Washington newspaper's take on the series. Frankly, I think the writer is clutching at straws. The power forward position in particular is weak.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...n-beat-raptors

Comment

For the record, that adjusted game by game performance model I put together early in the season predicts the Raps in 7, with a 58% chance the Raps take the series.

I still say Raps in 5, because if you can't be a homer in the playoffs, you never can.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                For the record, that adjusted game by game performance model I put together early in the season predicts the Raps in 7, with a 58% chance the Raps take the series.

I still say Raps in 5, because if you can't be a homer in the playoffs, you never can.
                                WIZARDS will win this series. Maybe 5 or 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X