Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    loool i would love to see this place when Masai doesn't fire Casey
    Treadmill
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Only positive thing from this game:

One step closer to #FireCasey
      +1. DC was getting killed by callers on 1050. Jim Tatti and Dwayne Watson were defending DC.

Comment

• "casey said he heard chants for james johnson but called him a match up player". insist his time will come in this series. does the fucking dumb dumb not understand that if he didnt play him today because of match ups that they will be facing the same fucking team for the rest of the series so if his moronic logic about match ups this game will apply for the rest of the games this series. i cant get over how little he knows about the game of basketball how why does he keep getting jobs.

Comment

• However, in 2011-12, Casey’s first season at the helm of the Raptors, the two had trouble getting on the same page, which eventually led to Johnson being benched by the Raptors coach.
          “It never was bad, we had our bumps, but that’s war,” Johnson said. “It’s a war out there when we’re playing a game and sometimes you say stuff that you regret or you say stuff that you don’t really mean.
          “Dwane Casey is a great guy and I feel like he realizes that and we’ve moved forward from where we were at. We had a great conversation and I’m just ready to win and I know he is.”

from 10 months ago.

Comment

• All that talk about stinging from last years loss against Brooklyn and you couldn't even bring it now. Kyle Lowry and the rest of the chuckers were terrible
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              Might as well burn the city down. Let's riot...
              Vancouver is listening

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                And people say BC was a salesman. Not sure how this is all that different. Saying the real Raptors team was the one from earlier this season, the fans have to learn how to win, "if guys go out and fight".... all GMs are salesmen and I don't think Masai is any different. Using a swear again reeks of calculation and inauthenticity.
                Yep. That's fair re calculation and inauthenticity. He's human. Still think he's a good GM. Until he proves otherwise. Job 1: fire Casey. Job 2:replace with high quality head coach, somehow. Job 3: strengthen the 4. Job 4: somehow motivate Ross to have an epic off season prep program and / or strengthen the 3 from outside

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Vancouver is listening
                  Sorry. We save that for the Canucks.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• but but best season in franchise history.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• For what it's worth, Ross played pretty good defense on Wall today. Too bad his shot didn't fall.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Strengthen the 4? I don't think that's our biggest problem right now. Amir and ppat had pretty solid games, not saying they're amazing but they're not why we lost.
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• mannn... its been three hours since the game is over but I still cant get over that no point guard lineup Casey ran in the second quarter to baloon the lead. Does he really know something that a fan cant see? it boggles my mind. fucK!

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            mannn... its been three hours since the game is over but I still cant get over that no point guard lineup Casey ran in the second quarter to baloon the lead. Does he really know something that a fan cant see? it boggles my mind. fucK!
                            That was insane. How many times, when healthy, did we see Lou running the point in the regular season? I can think of maybe one time myself.

Experimenting with new lineups in the playoffs is one of my biggest coaching pet peeves.

And something that will be interesting to watch for next game: which 3 guards will we roll out in crunch time? After GV hit those big 3s today, he has to be in the conversation now...
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                              Strengthen the 4? I don't think that's our biggest problem right now. Amir and ppat had pretty solid games, not saying they're amazing but they're not why we lost.
                              I absolutely think it is our biggest need. Starting calibre 4 who can rebound consistently. I can even live with 3 by committee and ever the optimist I even hope Ross can develop in to the solution if he wants it. I see no in house solution to the starting 4 role. Amir, 2Pat and Hansbrough are all back up quality.

Comment

• From NBA.com:

'No team in the NBA ran more isolations than the Raptors this season. That continued in Game 1 as they ran 20 isolations, well above their season rate of 15.4 per game.'
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X