Off-Season NEEDS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special1 wrote: View Post
    I agree with this. Lowry is in his peak and I fear injuries will just get worse as he gets older. We should look to move him this offseason. He was an all-star this year so I imagine a veteran team might bite...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

Lowry isn't getting any better
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Sweet Jesus but Raps fans are the most bipolar motherfuckers around. Do badly in one series and suddenly it's Chicken Littling all over the place like the team didn't win 49 games this season.

That having been said:

1. We need a new coach who can coach team-style best-shot basketball as opposed to the heroball Casey's been letting the team get away with.

2. We need a starting PF who can rebound and bang with the best of them.

3. We need a true small forward who can shoot threes.

4. A backup PG who can run the offense.

But the coaching is the most important thing.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Depth chart heading into next season:

STARTERS
        C - Valanciunas
        PF -
        SF -
        SG - DeRozan
        PG -

2ND UNIT
        C -
        PF - Patterson
        SF - J. Johnson
        SG - Ross
        PG - Vasquez

BENCH
        - Bruno
        - Bebe
        You honestly think we can come out of the off-season with THREE new starters from FA/trades and a late 1st pick?????

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          Sweet Jesus but Raps fans are the most bipolar motherfuckers around. Do badly in one series and suddenly it's Chicken Littling all over the place like the team didn't win 49 games this season.

That having been said:

1. We need a new coach who can coach team-style best-shot basketball as opposed to the heroball Casey's been letting the team get away with.

Agree with all of the above, and add a legit backup 5 would be on my list as well.

Comment

tbh..I think there should be no keepers on this roster, Lowry and Derozan should be traded for the right pieces. IN fact I honestly can't believe we have Derozan as our best player, think about that for a second...

Comment

IMO, Casey, Vasquez and Amir got to go, and I would like Ross to go too. Casey and Vasquez because of incompetence. Amir because of unreliability. Ross I wouldn't foam at the mouth if he stayed as he's young and stranger things have happened, but I don't trust him anymore to become a good player either.

As far as Free Agents... I don't know yet, haven't thought much about it, but am I alone in thinking Middleton is not that good? I mean, I saw one particular play against the Bulls in which the guy pump fakes horribly against Butler, Butler still bites and jumps for the block, and then Middleton never got out of the way, and shot it in the same way, leading to him getting blocked. Sure, the smallest of sample sizes and I can't deny he had a good (contract) year. But you can't deny that's JaVale McGee-level dumb. I don't know, maybe I'm really wrong and should watch him more before passing judgment, but right now, I don't feel really good about it.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                ok after today's blowout I know we all feel like shit so let's make a new thread on what we should and could get on the off-season

BIGGEST NEED
                3pt shooting SF (best option- Khris Middleon) (other option- Thobis Harris)
                A VET that been there and done that (Vince Carter)
                Back-defensive PG (Beverly)
                Shot-blocker (McGee)

What we can give up
                Tross
                2Pat
                GV
                Picks
                Bruno/Bebe

Who we should Resign
                Amir
                Lou

Who we should
                Hans
                Hayes
                No way i bring Amir back. You watched the game tonight? dude is soft as a marshmallow. And oh he's injury prone. The guy is never healthy.

Lou? for the right priec? sure i wouldn't mind bringing him back.

What the Raps need:

1. Starting 4
                2. Starting 3
                3. Backup C
                4. Backip PG
                5. Coach? if they lose this series he's toast.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Checked this money wise, I think it should work.

1. #FireCasey. Hire a ball movement oriented coach. I'm okay with a rookie coach (Steve Nash maybe?)

2. Draft George Lucas with our pick.

For our FA's, renounce everyone's rights to free up space to spend. Let Lou Will and Hans know you will be resigning them with exceptions.

3. Trade Terrence Ross to OKC for Perry Jones and maybe a protected pick (most likely the 2016 second they own which is the worse pick between the Kings and the Pelicans, will most likely be the Pelicans 2016 second)

4. Trade GV and our 2016 first to Houston for a resigned Beverley (assuming 6M salary)

5. Sign Middleton to 13M per, 4 years.

6. We now have 7.5M to spend on a starting PF (gauge options between Amir,
                  Thaddeus Young, Brandon Bass maybe)

7. We've now hit the cap. Use the full MLE to sign Lou Will (5.3M). Use the BAE to sign Hans (2.1M)

Our rotation next year:

Lowry/Beverley/Lucas
                  Derozan/Lou Will/Daniels
                  Middleton/J Johnson/Bruno
                  FA/Patterson/Jones
                  Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Noguiera

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    My opinion is here, post #3:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-Trade-Options

Basically role into next season with:

Rotation:
                    Holiday/Lucas
                    LaVert
                    Lamb/Bruno
                    Patt
                    JV/Amir*

Bench
                    Olaseni, Bebe, Hayes, Daniels, 3rd string PG and Wings

*Amir may have to be substituted for Bebe or Olaseni
                    I must say, the more I think about it, the more I like this. Having Lucas/LaVert/Bruno on the perimeter could be insane defensively. If bruno can play the 4 even better. On defense they could switch on screens and not give much up, which is becoming more important with the rise of teams like GS/Atlanta/Boston etc.

I would just want a stronger sf personally. I would try to keep Ross mostly to boost trade value, but also because having him means more time for Bruno and LaVert. Also Lamb can play more sg that way. Then get a vet wing player (Afflalo/Deng/Barbosa) I would also try trading GV to OKC instead of JJ (GV is Durrant's friend right? OKC needs to keep him as happy as possible). JJ can substitute a vet wing player.

Comment

Well..it's gonna b a interesting off season,that's for sure.
                      U probably gonna c,Casey, Vasquez and Amir,Lou Williams,JV and maybe Ross gone.
                      They need sign Marc Gasol from memphis and go after hard Kawhi Leonard,restricted free agent,pay the man,maybe spurs will shy away,but I doubt it,if don't work out with him,danny green is also available from spurs
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        No way i bring Amir back. You watched the game tonight? dude is soft as a marshmallow. And oh he's injury prone. The guy is never healthy.

Lou? for the right priec? sure i wouldn't mind bringing him back.

What the Raps need:

1. Starting 4
                        2. Starting 3
                        3. Backup C
                        4. Backip PG
                        5. Coach? if they lose this series he's toast.
                        I don't wabt to bring him back, it was a typo. I'm on my cellphone so I can't change it
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

You move most players and collect young assets same age/years in league as jv and grow them together.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

That having been said:

your first sentence and your 4 bullet points are kind of at odds. telling people off for saying the sky is falling, then suggesting at least 2 new starters, a new coach, and a new backup PG? come on.

Anyway I agree with your points in general but I would trade anyone on this roster not named JV (barring some ridiculous offer) if it gets us young TALENT (high draft picks, etc).

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Checked this money wise, I think it should work.

1. #FireCasey. Hire a ball movement oriented coach. I'm okay with a rookie coach (Steve Nash maybe?)

2. Draft George Lucas with our pick.

For our FA's, renounce everyone's rights to free up space to spend. Let Lou Will and Hans know you will be resigning them with exceptions.

3. Trade Terrence Ross to OKC for Perry Jones and maybe a protected pick (most likely the 2016 second they own which is the worse pick between the Kings and the Pelicans, will most likely be the Pelicans 2016 second)

4. Trade GV and our 2016 first to Houston for a resigned Beverley (assuming 6M salary)

5. Sign Middleton to 13M per, 4 years.

6. We now have 7.5M to spend on a starting PF (gauge options between Amir,
                              Thaddeus Young, Brandon Bass maybe)

7. We've now hit the cap. Use the full MLE to sign Lou Will (5.3M). Use the BAE to sign Hans (2.1M)

Our rotation next year:

Lowry/Beverley/Lucas
                              Derozan/Lou Will/Daniels
                              Middleton/J Johnson/Bruno
                              FA/Patterson/Jones
                              Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Noguiera
                              If you use cap space, you lose both the MLE and the BAE. All you get is the room MLE, which is approximately the size of the BAE.

Only way to have significant cap room is to let both Lou and Amir walk. I don't see where you are getting 20.5M in cap room. And there is zero chance Beverley signs for so little, nor any chance HOU doesn't match. Nor any chance they would trade for GV.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not really a need but I think Jrue Holiday might be fairly attainable considering how well Evans has performed at PG

Comment

Working...
                                X