No announcement yet.

Fire Masai Ujiri.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Kilmer Sports and Larry T. owns the WNBA team, maybe they can hire Ujiri as their President of Basketball Operations. I think it is a match made in heaven.

On this side, Keith can search for his own guy.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I didn't say he can't, but injuries happen and he has to continue to get starter minutes, which may change if we get someone more suited to pair with Scottie.

Main reason I took your bet though is no one else seemed to have the onions to take you up on it without a litany of caveats.
      Poeltl vs. the 8th pick and only the 8th pick is "onions, baby, onions"? You and Joey got so much dawg in you... I'm in awe.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Why are we talking about those seconds when they were included to salary dump Birch's contract? Nobody brings up the second rounder we gave up to salary dump Greg Monroe and that ended up being the 37th pick (JT Thor).

If you want to blame anyone for those 2nd's then it should be MLSE for not allowing us to be a tax team.
        If we don’t do the Jakob trade then we don’t have to worry about ducking the tax, so we keep our 1st and 2 seconds. That just makes the case against doing the trade even stronger vs keeping our picks.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If we don’t do the Jakob trade then we don’t have to worry about ducking the tax, so we keep our 1st and 2 seconds. That just makes the case against doing the trade even stronger vs keeping our picks.
          touché

Comment

You are using a ton of common sense golden.

Comment

Poeltl vs. the 8th pick and only the 8th pick is "onions, baby, onions"? You and Joey got so much dawg in you... I'm in awe.
              its also the 2nd from next year too

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                If Kilmer Sports and Larry T. owns the WNBA team, maybe they can hire Ujiri as their President of Basketball Operations. I think it is a match made in heaven.

On this side, Keith can search for his own guy.
                except theresa is there person for the WNBA side.

Comment

Funny thing about that trade was that it was to make Fred and Pascal happy.
                  It was never intended to be for Scottie and/or the future.
                  Talk about Masai's 'foresight'.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Funny thing about that trade was that it was to make Fred and Pascal happy.
                    It was never intended to be for Scottie and/or the future.
                    Talk about Masai's 'foresight'.
                    I mean, we had a ROY, an All-NBA Forward and an All-Star PG? I think he should be forgiven for not having "burn it all down" as his 1st option.

Comment

• Let's also be mindful that had we not had literally the craziest rash of injuries to end the season, that's a 14-16 pick and nobody is even talking abou this.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean, we had a ROY, an All-NBA Forward and an All-Star PG? I think he should be forgiven for not having "burn it all down" as his 1st option.

We also had an All-Defense member (OG), and a couple of 6MOTY candidates (GTJ, Boucher). So with all that talent bursting from the seams, why couldn't we even make the play-in tournament?

Comment

We also had an All-Defense member (OG), and a couple of 6MOTY candidates (GTJ, Boucher). So with all that talent bursting from the seams, why couldn't we even make the play-in tournament?
                          Great question for Nick Nurse I guess, no? Not really for Masai to answer for. All he can do is put the pieces on the board. It's up to the Coach to move the Chess pieces and win the games.

Comment

Nurse gave Fred the keys not just to the province of Ontario, bu the entire country basically.
                            He can do whatever he wanted. He will be so dumb to not make the All Star that season.
                            But there's a reason they are with different organizations now.
                            That kind of scheme is unsustainable and will not win the team anything.

Pascal? Not a lead dog. The type that shrinks under pressure. 3rd option at best.

Anyone that gives Masai the thumbs up for his decisions that were centred around these two has iffy basketball sense. Sorry.
                            Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue May 28, 2024, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Nurse gave Fred the keys not just to the province of Ontario, bu the entire country basically.
                              He can do whatever he wanted. He will be so dumb to not make the All Star that season.
                              But there's a reason they are with different organizations now.
                              That kind of scheme is unsustainable and will not win the team anything.
                              Agreed. So Masai letting Nurse = Good decision.
                              Moving on from Fred = Good decision.

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Pascal? Not a lead dog. The type that shrinks under pressure. 3rd option at best.
                              Didn't extend Pascal to a Max contract = Good decision.

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Anyone that gives Masai the thumbs up for his decisions that were centred around these two has iffy basketball sense. Sorry.
                              Anyone that thinks Masai is purely beholden to the fans and tankers, and isn't getting pressure from the money bags within the franchise to "work with what he has", has iffy sense in general. Sorry.

Comment

Agreed. So Masai letting Nurse = Good decision.
                                Moving on from Fred = Good decision.

Didn't extend Pascal to a Max contract = Good decision.

Anyone that thinks Masai is purely beholden to the fans and tankers, and isn't getting pressure from the money bags within the franchise to "work with what he has", has iffy sense in general. Sorry.
                                Those decisions came way too late.
                                Didn't get anything for Fred.
                                Got measly returns for Pascal.
                                Fail.

Comment

Working...
                                X