No announcement yet.

Fire Masai Ujiri.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyways OG got moved for nice pieces. Didn't repeat Fred's mistake and lost him for nothing. Pascal's package was underwhelming but was expected when it didn't happen last year. Still we got 2024 Indiana pick and 2026. That 2026 can be interesting. Kira Lewis + Otto and projected 28th for Olynyk and Ochai is not bad. When we also have Detroits second round pick which projected to be 31. That 28-31 area is basically same tier of prospects. But 31 will be better controlled financially.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

You appreciate the luck to pick Scottie but then what?

Tunnel vision of the The periphery moves and the missteps of the most recent ones
      That wasn't luck. 20 something GM's would've drafted Suggs. That pick was organizational success.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        anyways OG got moved for nice pieces. Didn't repeat Fred's mistake and lost him for nothing. Pascal's package was underwhelming but was expected when it didn't happen last year. Still we got 2024 Indiana pick and 2026. That 2026 can be interesting. Kira Lewis + Otto and projected 28th for Olynyk and Ochai is not bad. When we also have Detroits second round pick which projected to be 31. That 28-31 area is basically same tier of prospects. But 31 will be better controlled financially.
        I respect you Finding ways to justify the moves but eventually the buck stops on one man.

15 games below 500, closer to a hopeless Wizards and a tad better to San Antonio with a generational talent yet Miles behind Orlando/ and Cavaliers

make note that I didnt even include OKC in the convo

but we could be them if Ujiri made decisive moves two years ago post Scottie pick

how about those Jazz?

Comment

That wasn't luck. 20 something GM's would've drafted Suggs. That pick was organizational success.
          Including you as a fan, you almost died on a Suggs hill…so success to pick Scottie credit to Ujiri, but we still don’t know yet because that story book is far from being completed, we are just on Chapter 3 of the Barnes novel. And before we get to Chapter 10, this author made this more like a dud than a top seller

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Including you as a fan, you almost died on a Suggs hill…so success to pick Scottie credit to Ujiri, but we still don’t know yet because that story book is far from being completed, we are just on Chapter 3 of the Barnes novel. And before we get to Chapter 10, this author made this more like a dud than a top seller
            I only gotta apologize to Masai

Comment

I only gotta apologize to Masai
              Good stuff.

Me as a fan, no need to apologize to him, he should apologize to us.

Ed Roger may no longer be that forgiving

Comment

• And Jazz are not in great position. OKC owns their pick which is projected 12. Only pick they have in first round is the one we gave them. Initially everyone thought Jazz are gonna feast on Wolves' picks but that's in doubt now. So they either get late firsts or if Wolves' implode then they get nice picks but their best guy is Lauri and by the time they will be ready to help him he will exiting his prime.

Comment

• you think Ed Rogers is your ally?

Comment

And Jazz are not in great position. OKC owns their pick which is projected 12. Only pick they have in first round is the one we gave them. Initially everyone thought Jazz are gonna feast on Wolves' picks but that's in doubt now. So they either get late firsts or if Wolves' implode then they get nice picks but their best guy is Lauri and by the time they will be ready to help him he will exiting his prime.
                    forget the Jazz then.

Cavs and Orlando cannot be ignored

Comment

you think Ed Rogers is your ally?
                      Who said that?

However Based on the readings, Ed Rogers though was never in Masai’s cheering squad. The main villain of his survival

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

NY got a better deal from Detroit at the end of the day. They didn't even spend a first.. just Grimes to get those two vets. Nobody was selling firsts.. and I think that's what we were looking for. The rumours of a first being available might have been not really what we expected. NY had two picks from Washington and Detroit that would likely convey into 2nd rounders.

Lakers didn't want to give up a first either as they made no deals and had nothing else to offer.

They have one more shot at the draft.. but if they don't find a biter I could see them just waiving his option and going into free agency. As Brown has been awful as a Raptor. Just no point dragging him back for another year and trying again at another deadline. I'm a bit upset too that they didn't move him but you have to think of the market. It might have been hot but got cooled as soon as Detroit gave up Bojan.
                        Yes it was definitely a better deal for ny im just wondering if they found that deal cuz masai said give me a call when you add grimes to the first they said fug that looked elsewhere and found that deal. There were lots of reports about interest from multiple teams including a first from ny. I didnt hear one thing about bogdanovich all deadline

Comment

• The seed was planted in the past

Edward Rogers actively fought plans to keep Masai Ujiri as head of the Toronto Raptors this summer — saying that he was not worth the amount offered — and then tried to extract an extraordinary benefit for his own company, the Star has learned.

To the relief of fans, the ploy by Rogers was unsuccessful, and the Raptors announced on Aug. 5 that Ujiri was staying on in Toronto as vice chairman and president of basketball operations.

However, new details have emerged suggesting that behind the scenes Edward Rogers tried to sabotage a high-performing executive with whom he had grown disenchanted — and ultimately failed in his bid because he appeared not to fully understand the governance structure of the NBA franchise.

Rogers told Tanenbaum it was one of the worst meetings he had ever had, according to MLSE sources. Rogers said the Raptors president was arrogant, according to sources, arriving with bodyguards, and that he failed to share his vision for the team.

Concurrent Vision of Ujiri - “play in for what”

Comment

• Edward Rogers tried to sabotage a high-performing executive with whom he had grown disenchanted — and ultimately failed in his bid because he appeared not to fully understand the governance structure of the NBA franchise.
                            yeah that's why even if we need to move from Masai I don't want Ed to be a part of hiring process. He didn't want to pay Masai not because he evaluated his moves but because he doesn't respect position as president of basketball operations.

Comment

yeah that's why even if we need to move from Masai I don't want Ed to be a part of hiring process. He didn't want to pay Masai not because he evaluated his moves but because he doesn't respect position as president of basketball operations.
                              Fair.

But a high level decision has to come from Ed Rogers…Larry T. as the only ally of Masai will eventually have to give in.

It is inevitable though that Ed Rogers will have to pick his own guy

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

NY's trajectory is upwards so that pick is going to be less valuable by the end of the season. They already have Indiana's pick and may end up keeping their own so that late FRP was one too many I think. If they can pump Browns stats by end of season they might be able to get a pick in next year's draft there they may not have a first.
                                I still dont understand the we have enough firsts already thing. Again a late first is a crapshoot but two doubles your chances. It could be malachi AND Bane, Kessler AND Koloko. We’re signing Gueye now theres lots of roster space for a first. Browns stats seem written on the wall at this point chances are his value decreases. Or is he going to take minutes from gradey and ochai for six or twelve months so we can get a first later - maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X