TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Send this to Ujiri, will save him one week of "analyzing" the coach.
    What, you mean he doesn't already check RR?

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      What, you mean he doesn't already check RR?

God help him if he does.

haha

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        God help him if he does.

haha
        I have a theory.

Masai is peanutwoozle.....ultimate misdirection.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• create a change.org petition! #FireCasey

Axel wrote: View Post
          Disagree.

I have yet to see a logical reason to keep Casey, unless Masai was happy with what we all saw.

Reasons I've seen to keep Casey (either here or media):
          Waiting for right candidate? You won't necessarily know who the right candidate is until you interview and you can't interview until Casey is fired.
          Just signed an extension? 1 yr guaranteed money left on deal at less than $4M.
          Raptors aren't good enough to compete? Our compete level is above average in the very least; in our conference
          Roster is flawed? If you are waiting for the perfect roster, you will never get there.
          Hanging the blame on the coaching staff would be absolving a young team of responsibility? Roster change should happen too and bringing in a coach who holds players accountable would demonstrate to young players that this season wasn't good enough.

Reasons to fire Casey (largely my own views):
          Awful defensive performance this season
          Awful use of personnel (Greivis Vasquez is not a SF, but James Johnson can be)
          Lack of accountability/Double Standard for KL, DD, LW, GV
          Either lost part of the locker room (JJ rumour) or fully endorsed this crap we saw. Either way - that's a fail.
          Refuses to adapt schemes to fit the skills of his players
          Failing to understand most basic coaching concepts (when to foul to stop the clock)
          Questionable player development (I would call it a failure, but I'll agree that the book may still be out)
          Admitted that he didn't put an offensive system/scheme in place this season
          "That's a shot we normally make"
          From Exit Interview (Credit CRF for nice summary posts)
          - Casey said that the offensive approach they were winning with early wouldn't work in the playoffs... didn't change anything
          - Casey said he felt the team was playing too quick... kept yelling for the team to run
          - Casey said the defense slipped, despite it being his focus... fail?
          - Casey acknowledged they have veterans and leaders, but not vocal ones... then later said they needed players to step up and lead.
          - Casey: "It was almost impossible to get meaningful minutes for five wing guys" DD, TR, JJ, Lou....& GV

So tell me, where is the logic?

Comment

Disagree.

I have yet to see a logical reason to keep Casey, unless Masai was happy with what we all saw.

Reasons I've seen to keep Casey (either here or media):
            Waiting for right candidate? You won't necessarily know who the right candidate is until you interview and you can't interview until Casey is fired.
            Just signed an extension? 1 yr guaranteed money left on deal at less than $4M.
            Raptors aren't good enough to compete? Our compete level is above average in the very least; in our conference
            Roster is flawed? If you are waiting for the perfect roster, you will never get there.
            Hanging the blame on the coaching staff would be absolving a young team of responsibility? Roster change should happen too and bringing in a coach who holds players accountable would demonstrate to young players that this season wasn't good enough.

Reasons to fire Casey (largely my own views):
            Awful defensive performance this season
            Awful use of personnel (Greivis Vasquez is not a SF, but James Johnson can be)
            Lack of accountability/Double Standard for KL, DD, LW, GV
            Either lost part of the locker room (JJ rumour) or fully endorsed this crap we saw. Either way - that's a fail.
            Refuses to adapt schemes to fit the skills of his players
            Failing to understand most basic coaching concepts (when to foul to stop the clock)
            Questionable player development (I would call it a failure, but I'll agree that the book may still be out)
            Admitted that he didn't put an offensive system/scheme in place this season
            "That's a shot we normally make"
            From Exit Interview (Credit CRF for nice summary posts)
            - Casey said that the offensive approach they were winning with early wouldn't work in the playoffs... didn't change anything
            - Casey said he felt the team was playing too quick... kept yelling for the team to run
            - Casey said the defense slipped, despite it being his focus... fail?
            - Casey acknowledged they have veterans and leaders, but not vocal ones... then later said they needed players to step up and lead.
            - Casey: "It was almost impossible to get meaningful minutes for five wing guys" DD, TR, JJ, Lou....& GV

So tell me, where is the logic?
            That's literally the only reason I can see them not firing the guy. Since they also got a D-League franchise and don't want to burn more money.

Literally the only reason. The other reasons given are just offshoots of that. The negatives significantly out way the positives of firing him. Except the one "positive" is expensive. I'm poaitive evaluation is really talk for "trying to justify the cost of a new coach."

If a HUGE 2nd half collapse and being swept in the playoffs with HCA over a team that is/was on the same level as you (everyone had the series going long), you really don't need any more. It's VERY clearly a coaching issue (as has been pointed out by almost everyone...including the coach himself).
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Still think you keep JV. If Casey is returning, does anyone really still see him as the long-term coach? Or just a stopgap who got one more year?
              But if he is a stop gap why not just move on now?

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                That's literally the only reason I can see them not firing the guy. Since they also got a D-League franchise and don't want to burn more money.

Literally the only reason. The other reasons given are just offshoots of that. The negatives significantly out way the positives of firing him. Except the one "positive" is expensive. I'm poaitive evaluation is really talk for "trying to justify the cost of a new coach."

If a HUGE 2nd half collapse and being swept in the playoffs with HCA over a team that is/was on the same level as you (everyone had the series going long), you really don't need any more. It's VERY clearly a coaching issue (as has been pointed out by almost everyone...including the coach himself).
                At the end of the day, Casey only has 1 guaranteed season left and it works out to be about the same money we paid Tyler Hansbrough and Marcus Camby this season. MLSE will bite the bullet.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  But if he is a stop gap why not just move on now?
                  Maybe he will. We all have to take a deep breath. It's been just over 2 days since the season ended.

While Masai keeps everything tight, I think we can also say he rarely acts in a rash manner. Even with a whole season of games to judge, he'll still gather his staff, talk to the coaches and players, and make a patient decision. Maybe it'll be to keep him and we'll all freak out...but yeah, it's still stupidly early in the offseason.

And then there are angles like whether the guy he wants is still coaching at the moment, which would make him even less inclined to rush. For instance Thibs, Messina, and even Obradovic over in Europe are all still on teams in the playoffs.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    JV has been paying under Casey for 3 seasons, only missing the starting lineup 5 times. With 3 seasons of work, Casey still hasn't managed a way to effectively use his skill set on offense or defense. A player's first handful of seasons are absolutely crucial to development. What with limited (and largely insignificant) touches as well as minimal opportunities to close out games, it seems as though JV isn't even being given a chance to grow. Another season (or two..?) under Casey isn't doing fans, Casey or Jonas any good. Win win win all around.
                    That may be one of the biggest factors leading to DC not returning.

Comment

At the end of the day, Casey only has 1 guaranteed season left and it works out to be about the same money we paid Tyler Hansbrough and Marcus Camby this season. MLSE will bite the bullet.
                      I really hope they do BUT I'm really starting to think they'll think getting the D-League team was all the extra money they wanted to spend right now.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I really hope they do BUT I'm really starting to think they'll think getting the D-League team was all the extra money they wanted to spend right now.
                        Less than $4M....that is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Less than the Mid-Level Exception, Less than the #1 or #2 pick will make.

There are lots of reasons to worry, but $4M isn't one of them.

Comment

They may be trying to get Bruno playing time.

Comment

• If Ujiri gets the above average or prime-time free agents after the draft week (about two of them) that addresses at least two weaknesses, make a few trades for better ones, and gets some good undrafted players, then the team starts first 15 games 4 - 11 or worse in a still-crappy Eastern Conference, then a Casey firing will happen. Only way it will happen......

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                              We're fucked?

He was so confident in the press conference interview.... Demar was praising him..

If he leaves we'll be successful if he stays were going down the drain and so is the fan base, it's black and white !!

Masai's potential is judged by whether he will fire casey or keep him!!

PS I think I spelled panic wrong... I am seriously panicking ..... I was praying for a 0-4 rape, but NOT THAT CASEY STAYS AFTER THE RAPE lmao
                              What if he fires the guy and he can't land anyone better than him? Hmmm?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                What if he fires the guy and he can't land anyone better than him? Hmmm?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                                He's the worst coach in whole league. All the assistants we have are better

But like in his defence , he did admit to all the issues we were bickering over here..
                                So maybe he's not as big as a Moron as we thought. Thank god for that
                                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X