TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I highly doubt Kevin Ollie is Masai's top target. If Ollie was serious about coaching in the NBA he would have negotiated a buyout like Donovan's, where it was only $500K as long as he was leaving for an NBA job.

Retaining Casey and waiting on Ollie also seems like a plan destined to blow up in your face, and I'd be pissed if that was Masai's plan.
    I agree with you, except I wonder if Ollie underestimated his own abilities when he signed at UConn; thus the high buy-out. He was likely so happy to be getting the job at his alma matter (and paid good money to do it) that he never really considered the leaving down the road aspect, at least not this soon.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I agree with you, except I wonder if Ollie underestimated his own abilities when he signed at UConn; thus the high buy-out. He was likely so happy to be getting the job at his alma matter (and paid good money to do it) that he never really considered the leaving down the road aspect, at least not this soon.
      The guy pulled himself out of the running for the OKC job, he sure as shit isn't interested in the Raptors job instead.

Comment

The guy pulled himself out of the running for the OKC job, he sure as shit isn't interested in the Raptors job instead.
        Maybe he has an inside track on KD's intentions next summer.

Lol

Comment

Oh for sure, I'm just speculating as to why Ollie has such a high buy-out. Only way we land Ollie in the next 5 years is if we draft nothing but Huskies.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Oh for sure, I'm just speculating as to why Ollie has such a high buy-out. Only way we land Ollie in the next 5 years is if we draft nothing but Huskies.
            I think $4m per year and paying for his buyout gets his sttention.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I think $4m per year and paying for his buyout gets his attention.
              I dunno, he hasn't been at UConn that long yet, so it's not like the pull of the NBA is the same as it would be in say, 5-10 years. He's still largely enjoying the honeymoon at UConn. Fact that he withdrew his name from OKC in advance says a lot to me.

Comment

Billy Donavan's got big cajones, though, for accepting that OKC job. The expectation for him is going to be, minimum, make the NBA finals in the first year of your first NBA gig.

Comment

• The longer MU drags this out the more likely DC returns. It is unbelievable that DC had yet to lose his job. What are you doing Masai?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    The longer MU drags this out the more likely DC returns. It is unbelievable that DC had yet to lose his job. What are you doing Masai?
                    Orrrrr......

I wouldn't read too much in to it. The Raptors front office does not appear to have any leaks. Any information that gets out is controlled or from another team or an agent. When it comes to a coaching decision, the only way that information gets out is through the front office/Masai and Co.

I am not reading much in to it right now just because of the secrecy that has surrounded the front office over the last 2 years.

Comment

• But yeah, I really want Casey gone.

Anyone see the Atlanta/Brooklyn game last night? Atlanta played some amazing ball. What a pleasure.

Comment

But yeah, I really want Casey gone.

Anyone see the Atlanta/Brooklyn game last night? Atlanta played some amazing ball. What a pleasure.
                        I skipped it - waiting for Spurs/Clippers tonight. Huge game for CP3 (his prime years are running out) and for the Pops/Duncan era. If this year's Spurs become a first round out team, is the core finally done? Time to retool around Kawhi?
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Orrrrr......

I wouldn't read too much in to it. The Raptors front office does not appear to have any leaks. Any information that gets out is controlled or from another team or an agent. When it comes to a coaching decision, the only way that information gets out is through the front office/Masai and Co.

I am not reading much in to it right now just because of the secrecy that has surrounded the front office over the last 2 years.
                          Hopefully you are right. I am just concerned that we have put faith in MU and that he may not be what all of us hope he is.

Comment

I think $4m per year and paying for his buyout gets his sttention.
                            Is the team allowed to pay his buy-out, or is it set up like International Prospects, where the team can contribute a certain amount to the buy-out?

Comment

• I still want Sam Cassell.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Is the team allowed to pay his buy-out, or is it set up like International Prospects, where the team can contribute a certain amount to the buy-out?
                                There are no restrictions whatsoever, as coaches are not part of the NBPA union and are thus not subject to the CBA.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X