2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Wolstat tweeted something to the effect that what DD is asking for his next contract is absurd and the raps should trade him now

Now im not a huge Wolstat fan but he definitely has a closer ear to the organization than most so when he says something like that it's something. i'm guessing (HOPING!) DD gets flipped in the offseason.
    ceez wrote: View Post

It's as many here feared.

DD has got to go this summer. Even if Ujiri doesn't fleece the team in the trade, it will be easier to get assets out of a team prior to training camp so there is a bit of a silent clock here

Comment

• I think Masai will try to make a big for Cousin. If that doesn't work settle for one of the free agents PF.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        It's amazing how easy it is to change the complexion of a team in basketball. Sign a duo like David West and Demarre Caroll and we go from shot-happy no-defense to tough as nails and playing the right way.

Lowry/Wright
        DeMar/Ross
        Carroll/JJ
        West/PP
        Jonas
        Casey is MU's coach and all people who want to deny it are simply blind. MU selected the draft pick based on what Casey system requires and traded GV based on the same thing.

I have a feeling that Lowry will be moved as well but DD will stay. Casey really believed on DD and MU is all about proving people that he is right on Casey gamble.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I think Masai will try to make a big for Cousin. If that doesn't work settle for one of the free agents PF.

There is no Cousin ... He is not going to be moved this summer.

Comment

• Does DeRozan know he isn't a max contract guy? Maybe 15 - 16m on the new cap, but unless he shows me that consistent 3 I just can't
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              West is tough, but I think he doesn't help much with the no-defense part anymore. From what I've seen this year, he was pretty bad on that end.

I wouldn't mind him as a tool in the toolbox against teams with ZBOs where toughness matters above everything else. I also think he would be a great locker room presence. But I wouldn't want to spend a meaningful portion of the cap on him, and I don't think that he would be an upgrade at starter in most situations.
              He gives you better defensive rebounding (than Amir) and that true veteran presence that really does make a difference in terms of team defense. You wouldn't want to break the bank, but I think there are some intangibles with him worth paying for. Last year may not have been a fair representation with the Pacers' strugggles.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

DD has got to go this summer. Even if Ujiri doesn't fleece the team in the trade, it will be easier to get assets out of a team prior to training camp so there is a bit of a silent clock here
                Based on MU's history and how he waited till last minute of Melo, I don't think He will rush the DD decision.
                He will negotiate with him this summer and during the season, he will observe his play and his improvements and then will make a decision.

Let's face it, he has all the way till trade deadline to trade DD and DD will be playing OUT of HIS Mind for his contract year.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Casey is MU's coach and all people who want to deny it are simply blind. MU selected the draft pick based on what Casey system requires and traded GV based on the same thing.

I have a feeling that Lowry will be moved as well but DD will stay. Casey really believed on DD and MU is all about proving people that he is right on Casey gamble.
                  I'm not quite sure on your point.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Completely improbable, but I'd love to see DeRozan traded to Utah for Favors.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      Does DeRozan know he isn't a max contract guy? Maybe 15 - 16m on the new cap, but unless he shows me that consistent 3 I just can't
                      I think he knows but lets face it, under the new cap 15-16 is like 9-10 when the Max is going to be almost 30. So under the new cap, you will pay players like DD, 20 million which will be the same as 15 now ... This is the money that 2nd and 3rd tier stars will get paid in NBA under the new cap and DD definitely is a 3rd tier star making his way to 2nd tier.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Completely improbable, but I'd love to see DeRozan traded to Utah for Favors.
                        Utah will not be interested at all ... Now, if you give them JV , then you probably have a deal in place.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          Utah will not be interested at all ... Now, if you give them JV , then you probably have a deal in place.
                          JV makes less sense next to Gobert than Favors, plus Favors is a better player atm.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            JV makes less sense next to Gobert than Favors, plus Favors is a better player atm.
                            You might be right but DD does not make any sense in Utah when they already paid their own player who can also shoot 3. Plus, why would they give us Favour on a year rental of DD !! Makes Zero sense.

Comment

• It'd be nice if we could deal DD for a starting PF or SF before free agency starts, then we could sign Danny Green to replace DD and use the rest of the cap space to get the SF/PF we didn't get in the DD trade.

Random DD trade idea:

DD to Utah for Derrick Favors.

Utah just drafted Lyles so Favors becomes expendable, and DD is a big upgrade at SG over Burks who would be better suited as the backup SG.
                              Favors is signed long term on a great value contract, and gives us a young defensive stalwart at PF who is just entering his prime. I'd even toss in our of our future 1sts as sweetener to make the deal happen.

Then we can use our free agency money to go after Danny Green, Tobias Harris, or Khris Middleton, and use what's leftover to fill in the missing position with a serviceable defensively strong vet. Something like signing Danny Green and Al-Farouq Aminu.

Comment

• ^^^ Not going to happen. No team will give you a young talented big man, on a reasonable contract, locked for long term for a rental of a player like DD for a year. Lets come up with some realistic trade scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                                X