2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get the Harris hype.

We've got money lets spend it and go for the best players in free agency. Worst case u settle for a guy like Harris but what's the harm in going balls out for a top tier player?

Who cares if you miss out, Milwaukee is going after Deandre Jordan for crying out loud. You gonna tell me we shouldn't too? Offer max to anyone that will listen and offer it even to those that won't lets go after top talent, since we're obviously not blowing this thing up.

I'd rather miss out on guys but try instead of missing out on guys because we stood on the sidelines. Come on Masai let's go Morey styles!
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• I'm not on the Harris wagon either. I don't believe in handing out max contracts for potential. It's why I don't like NBA restricted free agency rules and would prefer NHL type rules here. The offers would be more reasonable and the rights owning teams have a better chance to keep players or make up for it.

And I disagree on the jv-favors combo wouldn't get played. Two energetic, mobile, dominant rebounding, one a great blocker, would force teams to match up against them. Combine that with playing tight on the perimeter and daring guards to take it in. You're basically forcing one two dribble long two pull ups.

Then the ability to go "small" with favors and 2pat, Lowry Lou and jj. You're not really even that small. If there is a way to bring in favors you do that.
      Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• yeah, every time i see JV the first thought are "mobile and energetic"

Comment

• Can't take energetic away from him

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Can't take energetic away from him
            he tries hard at least

Comment

• part of me doesn't like the idea of going after a RFA, let's say we make an offer, the other team takes their time to match, and we then miss out on other potential targets.

Comment

• As I said, adjust starters for bench as you please. And Harris is a solid three point shooter. Lowry usually is. And you can start Ross at the 2 if you need to.

Joseph is a very good defender and a solid all around player. Reality is 7M is probably market for players like that from now on. And with him an RFA I'd want to overpay a little to pry him away. I think he fits better with that starting lineup with his defence, and he's shown glimpses of a three point shot so I am not willing to write off his shooting.

Favors and JV would be great together and I won't hear a word to the contrary. Good luck running out a small lineup against those two - you'll never get another rebound, on either end.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i have been thinking lately about gallinari as a pf.

I think that could really work, he is certainly big and strong enough to defend pfs, and offensively he would be a nightmare for them to guard.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                    i have been thinking lately about gallinari as a pf.

I think that could really work, he is certainly big and strong enough to defend pfs, and offensively he would be a nightmare for them to guard.
                    he could also hit opposing players with his crutches or his wheelchair after he undergoes more knee surgery

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Favors and JV would be great together and I won't hear a word to the contrary. Good luck running out a small lineup against those two - you'll never get another rebound, on either end.
                      Here here, that's what I'm saying. Small kills one traditional big and a stretch 4. Put in two big competent rebounders, players like these two and bam. Have fun from the outside.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Dan, I'm going to be honest with you here, man to man. The thought of those two trying to defend a small lineup terrifies me like...I don't even know what. I can't remember being more scared of anything in my life. I've already sent Lou to the scorer's table to check in and the season doesn't even start for another four months.
                        We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          he could also hit opposing players with his crutches or his wheelchair after he undergoes more knee surgery
                          im not overly concerned about that.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Here here, that's what I'm saying. Small kills one traditional big and a stretch 4. Put in two big competent rebounders, players like these two and bam. Have fun from the outside.
                            Memphis and the Bulls

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Haha
                              When I'm not disagreeing with most things you say, the others are hilarious.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                                i have been thinking lately about gallinari as a pf.

I'm interested in him as well...His game is not one that really relied on being explosive so I think the knee stuff might effect him a little less
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X