2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is a number 3 option on a winning team forced to be a number 1/2 option because this team was shit for so long and someone had to step up.

You can't blame DeMar for that. He's been nothing but hard working, loyal, great in the community.
    I look at it this way.

The Raptors fanbase is a man down on his luck entering a fancy restaurant with high expectations. The man, being of modest upbringing, orders a soup (which is the team). DeMar is the salt that has been added to season the soup. Not going to make a soup great on its own, but with the right ingredients could be an integral piece to a great soup.

However, the Raptors front office is a rich businessman who proceeds to unbutton his pants and take a heaping shit in the soup. Instead of Raptors fans to want to remove that shit from the soup or order a new soup with some of the same fundamental ingredients: salt - DD, tomatoes - JV, etc... we complain about the salt in the soup and want to exchange it for pepper. Not realizing that either way there's still gonna be fucking shit in the soup.

Analogy isn't perfect but I think it gets the point across.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Anyone think that otto porter is now available woth the acquisition of oubre? I mean he really inly looked good in the playoffs but may be worth the risk?
      I feel like Wiz took a chance with Oubre because they were well covered and decided to swing for the fences. So until he proves himself I don't see any trades of their smalls.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        I feel like Wiz took a chance with Oubre because they were well covered and decided to swing for the fences.
        This is my thinking too, kind of a watered down version of our Bruno pick last year. No really evident positional needs that could be filled at that spot so grabbed a high upside guy. If he busts he busts, if not you get a great player.

Comment

• Yep, Oubre is very very raw. Otto Porter is ok, they still like him I think.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            This is my thinking too, kind of a watered down version of our Bruno pick last year. No really evident positional needs that could be filled at that spot so grabbed a high upside guy. If he busts he busts, if not you get a great player.
            Still, they traded up for oubre, albeit they dodnt give up that much somehow. Still i agree, i think they look to keep both wings cause oubre wont do much for a year or two. What would you (and others) be willing to give up for porter if he was available? Seems like he honestly isnt even much better than ross. Maybe better defensively but still..

Comment

• For those balking at a max for Harris, keep in mind that a max for Harris is actually essentially the max this year then an average of 11M for the three years after that, if thinking under the current cap structure. In the new cap that's a steal even if he just stays what he was and doesn't improve, which seems unlikely given he's younger than JV.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Oh, and colour me shocked that DD wants the max. No one could possibly have seen that coming and lobbies for him to be traded. No one.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...market/page/12

Bleacherreport thinks milsap might sign with us
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    For those balking at a max for Harris, keep in mind that a max for Harris is actually essentially the max this year then an average of 11M for the three years after that, if thinking under the current cap structure. In the new cap that's a steal even if he just stays what he was and doesn't improve, which seems unlikely given he's younger than JV.
                    He's the only player I really care about throwing money at. I just don't feel any of the other free agents have the same upside and are not worth grabbing with the same type of deal. Barring a trade of KL or DD, I'd rather just take a few fliers this year with short-term contracts and go hard next year. Not sure if it's doable, but that would be my route.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...market/page/12

Bleacherreport thinks milsap might sign with us
                      Bleacher Report, eh? Cool story.

Really though, Millsap won't put us in contention with our given roster, so he's another guy(that will be 31 at the end of next season) that I don't believe is worth going after unless you wanna be treadmill.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

Really though, Millsap won't put us in contention with our given roster, so he's another guy(that will be 31 at the end of next season) that I don't believe is worth going after unless you wanna be treadmill.
                        Yeah, Millsap before the most recent two year deal, yes please. Now he is 31, gonna get paid until he is 35, no thanks.

Maybe I'm having horrid memories but max for potential in batum, max for potential in Eric Gordon. This is where my mind goes. Where are the examples of restricted free agents getting offer sheets and then excelling?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, Millsap before the most recent two year deal, yes please. Now he is 31, gonna get paid until he is 35, no thanks.

Maybe I'm having horrid memories but max for potential in batum, max for potential in Eric Gordon. This is where my mind goes. Where are the examples of restricted free agents getting offer sheets and then excelling?
                          Gordon Hayward
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• jwash wrote: View Post
                            i look at it this way.

The raptors fanbase is a man down on his luck entering a fancy restaurant with high expectations. The man, being of modest upbringing, orders a soup (which is the team). Demar is the salt that has been added to season the soup. Not going to make a soup great on its own, but with the right ingredients could be an integral piece to a great soup.

However, the raptors front office is a rich businessman who proceeds to unbutton his pants and take a heaping shit in the soup. Instead of raptors fans to want to remove that shit from the soup or order a new soup with some of the same fundamental ingredients: Salt - dd, tomatoes - jv, etc... We complain about the salt in the soup and want to exchange it for pepper. Not realizing that either way there's still gonna be fucking shit in the soup.

Analogy isn't perfect but i think it gets the point across.
                            wtf?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

If the core remains intact, Millsap would be a good pick. Lowry is 29, if he's not gonna be traded MU needs to squeeze everything out of this roster. That means, it's better to sign a proven 30 year old all star then go after some young kid who probably will need some time to develop/ improve. It's paying for now against paying for the future potential. Raptors have to make a decision which direction they wanna go. And I am sure you can still get 3 very good years out of Millsap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• I thnk we gotta throw a 4 year 64 million dollar deal at Millsap and see if he takes it
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X