2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Give him any contract he wants. I'm assuming it would be a 4 year max with opt outs in year 2 and 3 like Lebron got. Big men with mid range game don't fall off that quickly, just look at Duncan. As long as your game isn't predicated on being explosive you'll be ok.
    Like LeBron got? LeBron got a two year deal with an opt out for the second year. Because options can only be in the final year if a contract. 4 years with an option in the 4th year gives him the most security and a little control.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      If we sign Aldridge, the worst part will be the infinity times we have to hear/read a media person mention how we passed on him in the draft
      Same kind of crap happened with Rudy Gay.

What's with Toronto and the 2006 draft though? Even Tyrus Thomas was invited to their free agent camp.

Wonder what Adam Morrison is up to?

Comment

• I can't wrap my head around the thought that a legit superstar is willing to meet with the raptors.

Comment

• Jimmy Butler just got the Max offer Sheet from Bulls.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Give him any contract he wants. I'm assuming it would be a 4 year max with opt outs in year 2 and 3 like Lebron got. Big men with mid range game don't fall off that quickly, just look at Duncan. As long as your game isn't predicated on being explosive you'll be ok.

Fully agree. Give him anything he asks for ... It is that Simple.

Comment

• LA is not my favourite player by a long shot. But if he's willing to have a serious sit down with us that is amazing. This is huge for the raptors. Would make draft night that much better and I would buy into MU whole heartedly.

Even if we fall apart and things go horribly we would have so many moveable assets on the table. LA would turn us into the second best team in the east when he signs that paper.

Comment

• Not to mention how great that would be for JV to defend every day in practice!

I promised myself I wouldn't let any rumours get me excited this year... Haven't even hit day one before I failed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  LA interest in Toronto probably has something to do with having the chance of playing with two other All-Stars.
                  well there is lowry, and how is this other?

if you are referring to Demar, I would strongly disagree as Demar is a high usage player who is only somewhat effective in the area in which Lamarcus owns and operates.

Demar would need to be a wes Mathews in order to work well with LA, and demar can do basically nothing that Mathews can

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    LA is not my favourite player by a long shot. But if he's willing to have a serious sit down with us that is amazing. This is huge for the raptors. Would make draft night that much better and I would buy into MU whole heartedly.

Even if we fall apart and things go horribly we would have so many moveable assets on the table. LA would turn us into the second best team in the east when he signs that paper.
                    That is very true. All you have to do after is to sign a defensive or 3 point shooter SF and you are set to give CLE a heck of time. The front line JV and LA is huge ... If JV step up him game this season and get better defensively and with rebound, it will be tough for teams in East to handle the length of Toronto.

Comment

• I'm happy to hear that LA wants to give T-Dot a chance. So whatever happened to the classic, small-ball Golden State copy-cat if we're going with an old-school power-forward and centre? Just wondering. I love the rumour but would love to hear if LA coming here would be a step-back from the "new NBA".
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I actually really like the thought of LMA playing next to JV, and really dislike the thought of LMA playing next to DD. Those guys will be standing next to each other 18 ft from the basket and jumping up and down like Deion Waiters. Seeing Casey try to incorporate both of their offensive games would make our eyes bleed (the usage rates and the mid-range %'s....ugh).

Signing LMA and trading DD would be a great, great offseason though.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          I'm happy to hear that LA wants to give T-Dot a chance. So whatever happened to the classic, small-ball Golden State copy-cat if we're going with an old-school power-forward and centre? Just wondering. I love the rumour but would love to hear if LA coming here would be a step-back from the "new NBA".
                          LA is nice and mobile - Casey would probably like him as a scramble unit 5.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            I actually really like the thought of LMA playing next to JV, and really dislike the thought of LMA playing next to DD. Those guys will be standing next to each other 18 ft from the basket and jumping up and down like Deion Waiters. Seeing Casey try to incorporate both of their offensive games would make our eyes bleed (the usage rates and the mid-range %'s....ugh).

Signing LMA and trading DD would be a great, great offseason though.
                            Offensively, Aldridge + JV is about as complementary as 2 bigs can get. Plus you don't sacrifice any size at all (in fact you out-size almost everyone).

Defensively Aldridge is pretty solid from what I've seen, too.

This would be a huge move if you could pull it off.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              That is very true. All you have to do after is to sign a defensive or 3 point shooter SF and you are set to give CLE a heck of time. The front line JV and LA is huge ... If JV step up him game this season and get better defensively and with rebound, it will be tough for teams in East to handle the length of Toronto.
                              Aminu makes sense now that LA is in the fold. Having a rookie pass first pg who is ready to contribute makes sense. I think if demar can improve his playmaking and you have a third shooter on the floor at the 3 you have a pretty potent starting lineup.

They will score the shit out of the ball, and have some strong defensive options on the bench

Comment

• Biyombo won't be rendered a QO and thus becomes a UFA. Interesting piece for the Raps?
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X