No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fear with signing Aldridge is: is it enough?

PG: Lowry, Wright
    SG: DD, (Nando?), Powell?
    SF: Ross, JJ, Bruno
    PF: Aldridge, PP
    C: JV, Bebe

JJ and PP are the only known NBA talent on the roster after the starters.

Or do more trades come in to play? Because PP becomes a little redundant, no?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      It actually makes sense, though. Raps can offer him the max. Raps don't have to gut the roster to do so. Raps have a big centre beside him, so doesn't have to play many minutes there. He gets to play in the East rather than the West, so he has a way better shot at a Finals appearance. Raps will still have cap room next year and would have a legit star to assist in recruiting.

I think there is a very, very small chance of this happening but it does make all sorts of sense for both sides and would be awesome for us fans.
      agreed, just that historically, can you imagine a premiere FA expressing even remote interest?

I am knowingly getting ahead of myself in imagining the possibility of a JV/LMA frontcourt, but god damn it would be fun.

Comment

• One caveat, say we offer Aldridge max deal and he leaves us hanging like Steve Nash did then don't we potentially have that money tied up for three days? I do think it's worth the risk but could cost us in targeting other free agents.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          My fear with signing Aldridge is: is it enough?

I agree with you, but I still take Aldridge and run with it 100% of the time. Figure that out after the fact.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            I see what you did there... ��
            Lmao, took longer than in thought for someone to see that!

Comment

• Ooh, if the market is dead for Biyombo (and it might be if they didn't bother to QO him), maybe he's a candidate for backupmC with the Room exception. Probably not but if he was?

LMA for 19M. Aminu for 4M. Biyombo for 3M. Adding a lot of defence there for reasonable cost.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If PP was one of the three perceived malcontents he could be moved. It's clear MU has sided with Casey so it's not a stretch to think would try to move TR and PP.

Comment

It's all about obtaining that first talent. We get him for 4 years and over that time frame we have what, 9 draft picks? We have Lowry on a friendly contract, couple good young talents and demar might come back for a reasonable price on winning team.

Even if it doesn't work and it's enough you have a top 20 asset in the league. You pay a max for that alone, the winning is a bonus

Comment

• If we Land LA, I don't think getting a few vet mins is a long shot either. In the east, all of a sudden we might get some second tier ring chasers.

How's that for a new concept?

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                      well there is lowry, and how is this other?

if you are referring to Demar, I would strongly disagree as Demar is a high usage player who is only somewhat effective in the area in which Lamarcus owns and operates.

Demar would need to be a wes Mathews in order to work well with LA, and demar can do basically nothing that Mathews can
                      All the coaches that voted him into the All-Star game would disagree with you.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If you had told me on draft night that he was giving us this meeting I would've laughed at you. I never even entertained the idea.

This is what winning can do, I'm not used to it.

I really like it.

A lot

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            hmm the article does make sense

while i agree with the "why would he leave the hawks?" sentiment the fact is i could see them spend on carroll over millsap.

don't think it's as implausible as most here do.
                            Is Carroll really such a big deal as to make re-signing an all star like Millsap impossible? I didn't look at their cap situation, but man, if Carroll is demanding such huge money as to pose that question, just let him go. He's just a 3D guy. Millsap does way more for you.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              I agree with you, but I still take Aldridge and run with it 100% of the time. Figure that out after the fact.
                              Yeah, that's pretty much it. And there are always plenty of under-the-radar moves to be made to fill out the bench. Then, next offseason, you could do real work...

Comment

• wow, this LMA thing is really making me question my perspective. Just getting the opportunity is huge, but if we were actually able to sign the guy...that is a big freakin deal. Make it happen Masai!!

Comment

Working...
                                X