2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
    Okay I've cooled down. Demarre is exactly what we wish ross would be. So I guess it's a pretty good signing. He a legit 3& d guy. Better than batum IMO
    I wouldn't call him better than Batum or Mathews even but he's still a good pickup and upgrade at the 3.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      We were not getting L.A.

To get stars, you have to have a wining culture, history of success in play offs in NBA these days.
      I disagree still. Melo stayed in ny for the extra money, no denying that. Money is the number one factor unless you go to a place like the lakers or miami. Dallas trys to get every big name free agent and have a good recent history with an owner who will go all out for his players and all they have gotten is parsons. Apparently even the lakers didnt impress la.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        This is a very Colangelo-esque move
        Not

Comment

15 million is very reasonable ... maybe over paid by a few million for this season but when the caps goes up, it is a good contract.
          Very reasonable? Nope.

Reasonable? Nope.

It's a stretch. Carroll will have to play his way into this contract. He's a 29 year old journeyman who was part of an excellent system in Atlanta. He probably won't put us over the top and into the ECF, and at this juncture I'm not sure how much he hamstrings us for 2016 given that we will probably be looking to re-sign DeMar and will have a caphold on JV.

I don't want to look at this in isolation given we might make other moves, but it feels like a treadmill move.

Comment

• well ok, we addressed a weakness. I will let things play out but I'm not really on-board with this move if Carroll is the only get, that's a band-aid, treadmill type of approach.

There needs to be another big move, and it will make or break this season i feel.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              So the big question now: what's happening at the 4 spot...
              Bismack Biyombo. Watch for it.

Comment

• Lot of defensive guys now. Casey is out of excuses. So the meeting with LMA? Just for fun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                MeDar ReDozan

Comment

You can not win with Amir and Hands Bro as your PF this year and will get kicked out of play off in the first round AGAIN.

Unless you are happy with that.
                  Yeah, it's 12:31 EST on the first day of Free Agency. I expect Masai is done.

Comment

• In the heat of the moment, I thought this was bad. But now that I cooled down a bit, I still think this is a bad move.

Comment

• a grain of salt

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't call him better than Batum or Mathews even but he's still a good pickup and upgrade at the 3.
                        In 5 less minutes, he hit more threes, scored more points, and rebounded about the same. He's slightly better than batum
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• According to Sportsnet, this is the largest Free Agent deal in team history... that can't be right...

Comment

• I love Carroll...but that seems too high. Anything higher than Danny Green seems too high. They fill similar niches, and neither really have upside at this point....Would've liked his number to be closer to $10M per year.

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                              In 5 less minutes, he hit more threes, scored more points, and rebounded about the same. He's slightly better than batum
                              I'll take Carroll over Batum any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Especially with the way Batum played last season.

Comment

• They must have a pvt. jet to take em to LA? Or was this signing done there? If they meet with LA it means MU has other stuff to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X