2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    I think Lowe's point was that he'd only leave Indiana to go to a contender, and not many contenders out there would have need of his services.
    West has outright said he's looking to sign with a contender (which he said in response to the rumours linking him to the Knicks).
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      West has outright said he's looking to sign with a contender (which he said in response to the rumours linking him to the Knicks).
      But contenders can't pay him what he wants. It's up to west if he's willing to go to a contender for $5 mil or get $10-12 mil somewhere else.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        After dallas's. And we haven't heard any post Dallas tweets, so that may be on right now.
        Ah shit. Dallas tied up Deandre Jordan for 4.5 hours. Hopefully Aldridge isn't with Dallas that long....
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            But contenders can't pay him what he wants. It's up to west if he's willing to go to a contender for $5 mil or get $10-12 mil somewhere else.
            Best spots are Bulls,Cavs in the East and they are loaded up at the 4. Most Western teams are just as likely to exit first round as they are to win a title

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Ah shit. Dallas tied up Deandre Jordan for 4.5 hours. Hopefully Aldridge isn't with Dallas that long....
              Aldridge should blow them off for keeping him waiting. lol.

Cuban can talk cant he?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Aldridge should blow them off for keeping him waiting. lol.

Cuban can talk cant he?
                I know his technique from Shark Tank. He likes to give someone a lot of praise, but says that he's not interested for various reasons (like, it's not an area he knows a lot about), and will say that he's out. Then he'll just sorta sit back, wait for negotiations unfold between the business-owner and another shark, and then pick his opportunity, come in with an offer that just undercuts the other shark, makes the owner say yes or no right away. It's got a super-high success rate, more than just about any other negotiation tactic on that show.

Comment

• I don't understand how Suns can be a player for LMA. He would be way better staying in Portland than going there. It's a less talented team, in the same conference.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                    I don't understand how Suns can be a player for LMA. He would be way better staying in Portland than going there. It's a less talented team, in the same conference.
                    Not sure how you figure that ... besides Lillard, who does Portland have to put around Aldridge?
                    The Suns have Bledsoe and Knight as a solid back court, and Tyson Chandler to man the paint with Aldridge. Throw in Tucker, Len, Morris twins, the Suns have a pretty deep team.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Not sure how you figure that ... besides Lillard, who does Portland have to put around Aldridge?
                      The Suns have Bledsoe and Knight as a solid back court, and Tyson Chandler to man the paint with Aldridge. Throw in Tucker, Len, Morris twins, the Suns have a pretty deep team.
                      I forgot Batum was out of picture, actually. And you can say it isn't safe to bet on Matthews... But Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Aldridge and Lopez is better than Knight, Bledsoe, Tucker, Aldridge and Chandler. Plus, I think Suns have to shed some salary now that they signed Chandler, so their team certainly won't be as deep. And Portland has LMA's Bird Rights, so they could improve before signing him.

Comment

• Does anyone know how Anthony Davis (after his rookie deal) gets a whopping 145 mill/5 yrs. (29 mill. a yr.) per the current cba.

Comment

Does anyone know how Anthony Davis (after his rookie deal) gets a whopping 145 mill/5 yrs. (29 mill. a yr.) per the current cba.
                          Yeah, that one legitimately confused me. I know that for RFA, their max is tied to their draft placement but I didn't know it could get that high...even for a #1 pick.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr

Comment

Does anyone know how Anthony Davis (after his rookie deal) gets a whopping 145 mill/5 yrs. (29 mill. a yr.) per the current cba.
                            D. Rose rule?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Nah, I don't buy this 'Carroll at the 4' business. As others have pointed out, he's spent essentially no time there over the past two years - it would be ridiculous to give a man $60 mil to play a position he doesn't play.
                              Not to mention looking at his stats when he plays the 4 he is actually really bad at it and is quite a negative at that position

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                D. Rose rule?
                                Hey there...you win the prize I think (havent calculated it yet)

"In a rule named after Derrick Rose, accomplished players coming off their rookie contract could earn more money in the 2011 CBA. A Designated Player may be eligible to earn 30% of the salary cap (rather than the standard 25%) if he passes certain criteria."

Comment

Working...
                                X