No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This would also give jv a couple extra seconds of reaction time. If everyone on the court needs to be respected then post position becomes very viable without the fear of someone swiping the ball away from him. This could really spread the floor while growing his passing and awareness abilities

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Why does a 4 have to be able to post up? This isn't the 1980's. With 4 perimeter-skilled players you can do a lot on offense - much more than have them stand around anyway...

And you can argue that DD and Matthews are almost as good in the post as JV is now.
      It doesnt have to be a four, but it needs to be someone,

And Carrolle is a shooter on offense, Wes can do a little of everything, demar can do a couple things well, Lowry same as Demar.

Carrolle BEST season was last year, the key ingredient last season was Millsap and Horford. 2 guys who get going inside.

Any shooter always plays best with a guy who can get the ball inside to make defenses scramble. We do not have a truly dynamic pg who can do it all on his own, our other wings cannot do it, so logically it would need to come from a bigman

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        I don't see that at all, sorry.

he has no back to the basket game, at all, JV is the only person who has somewhere near a postup game.

He may defend the pf spot, but what the hell offensively, gonna stand 4 guys on the three point line and take turns jacking uo shots? Wes and Carrolle from 3, demar for a long two?
        We won't actually have 4 starters who can stand on the three point line AND be a threat. Carroll's 3pt shooting will be very valuable.

We also don't need Carroll to have back to the basket game. It would be useless. He wouldn't be able to post up real big anyway. Rather, we want someone athletic who can space the floor, cut and finish.

Ultimately, we shouldn't look at this as "why didn't Ujiri get a PF?" Who should he get? I looked at that PF list and looked and looked and never saw anyone that I liked, besides LaMarcus, Millsap and Love. This free agency had a bunch of good wings though. If Masai ends up with two very good wings instead of one wing and a crap PF like Brandon Bass, then fine. They'll figure it out.

They'll start 5 best players next year, and if that means going smaller, fine. I think that lineup can work. In the long run, maybe they'll stick with it, maybe they'll make trades, we'll see.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Why does a 4 have to be able to post up? This isn't the 1980's. With 4 perimeter-skilled players you can do a lot on offense - much more than have them stand around anyway...

And you can argue that DD and Matthews are almost as good in the post as JV is now.
          4 don't have to post up but should be able to provide some help D. This is why JJ is a better 4 then Carroll. Carrol can keep guys in front but isn't a shot blocker or rim protector

Comment

• If you had a Lowry, Matthews, Caroll, Patterson linup thats 4 guys who can shoot the 3 at 40% surrounding JV
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              If you had a Lowry, Matthews, Caroll, Patterson linup thats 4 guys who can shoot the 3 at 40% surrounding JV
              that would remind me of Dwight Howard's Orlando Magic back in the day.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                We won't actually have 4 starters who can stand on the three point line AND be a threat. Carroll's 3pt shooting will be very valuable.

We also don't need Carroll to have back to the basket game. It would be useless. He wouldn't be able to post up real big anyway. Rather, we want someone athletic who can space the floor, cut and finish.

Ultimately, we shouldn't look at this as "why didn't Ujiri get a PF?" Who should he get? I looked at that PF list and looked and looked and never saw anyone that I liked, besides LaMarcus, Millsap and Love. This free agency had a bunch of good wings though. If Masai ends up with two very good wings instead of one wing and a crap PF like Brandon Bass, then fine. They'll figure it out.

They'll start 5 best players next year, and if that means going smaller, fine. I think that lineup can work. In the long run, maybe they'll stick with it, maybe they'll make trades, we'll see.
                Doesnt make sense, would have been better to save the money imo.

Just cause you have money doesn't mean you need to spend it.

If they are striking out everywhere, then get Carrol, great, get that backup PF and ride out the season(shudder) signing Wes to a big 4 year deal, signing Carrol to a big 4 year deal, extension next year for JV, Demar contract up and he looking for MASSIVE incredibly overpaid amounts of money, it just comes off as far to illogical

I find myself increasing disgusted by the notion that there is going to be yet another season of DEmar heavy basketball......

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  that would remind me of Dwight Howard's Orlando Magic back in the day.
                  so we need JV to turn into Howard and we might make second round

Comment

• Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
                    The Kings clearing the salary cap space to pursue free agents Rajon Rondo and Wes Matthews, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      so we need JV to turn into Howard and we might make second round
                      reminds me style wise. I don't mean production will be the same. But that's the concept. Surround the P/R big with shooters. When Big rolls, defense collapses and kick it out to the shooter.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Kings cleared cap space to chase Wes Matthews. I'm not interested in a bidding war there.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Kings cleared cap space to chase Wes Matthews. I'm not interested in a bidding war there.
                          untrue they have cleared cap for Monta Ellis.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            reminds me style wise. I don't mean production will be the same. But that's the concept. Surround the P/R big with shooters. When Big rolls, defense collapses and kick it out to the shooter.
                            Inside-out the way every team plays instead of outside-in. Stop starting ten feet behind the three point line using a hand-off and then just driving into the defense

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                              untrue they have cleared cap for Monta Ellis.
                              Gonna take Woj over you any day of the week and twice on Sundays

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
                                The Kings clearing the salary cap space to pursue free agents Rajon Rondo and Wes Matthews, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
                                So we'll see how much Wesley Matthews really wants that $15M a year.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X