No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless we're doing a trade we could sign one of Evans, Hands Bro, Copeland or another FA PF to a 1 year deal, and roll with:

2Pat/Hands Bro/JJ
    JV/Biyombo/Bebe

as our front court, then target a PF with our Den/NYK pick or in next year's free agency.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Unless we're doing a trade we could sign one of Evans, Hands Bro, Copeland or another FA PF to a 1 year deal, and roll with:

2Pat/Hands Bro/JJ
      JV/Biyombo/Bebe

as our front court, then target a PF with our Den/NYK pick or in next year's free agency.
      Everybody is focusing on the frontcourt but Raptoirs have quantity there if not quality. They need another 3 pt shooting wing

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Unless we're doing a trade we could sign one of Evans, Hands Bro, Copeland or another FA PF to a 1 year deal, and roll with:

2Pat/Hands Bro/JJ
        JV/Biyombo/Bebe

I think something like that is what we'll have to do because I truly don't see a trade getting us a starting calibre PF. Unless we trade either DD or Lowry which most likely isn't happening. I also know Masai doesn't like to give up draft picks very easily so the likelihood of him doing that as well is low.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Everybody is focusing on the frontcourt but Raptoirs have quantity there if not quality. They need another 3 pt shooting wing
          We do. We really don't have enough consistent shooting. Ross is sportatic and misses a lot of open looks and PPatt fell off a lot last year shooting wise. So did Lowry. Only Carroll is reliable.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• If we end up starting PPatt let's just hope that JV and Carroll's rebounding ability makes up for PPatt's.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              If we end up starting PPatt let's just hope that JV and Carroll's rebounding ability makes up for PPatt's.
              Carroll can defend guys without the PF or C coming up to help. Guys blowing by the perimeter forcing big to challenge was a huge problem for rebounding. Also means JV can stay on the court longer keeping the Raptors best dreb play on the floor

Comment

Carroll can defend guys without the PF or C coming up to help. Guys blowing by the perimeter forcing big to challenge was a huge problem for rebounding. Also means JV can stay on the court longer keeping the Raptors best dreb play on the floor
                That's true as well. Improved defense might help guys like PPatt with their rebounding.

Comment

• I feel Biyombo will play at the 4 more often than not, and when he does play at the 5, it'll be with Patt and Carroll.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

That's true as well. Improved defense might help guys like PPatt with their rebounding.
                    2Pats between JV and Carroll also makes him a better rebounder. Last year he and TH got pushed around a lot since 2Pats becomes the defacto C

Comment

• Since the beginning of the offseason I said we probably won't be able to fix the starting PF AND SF in one offseason with the resources we have. So I'm not shocked that PPatt will most likely end up being the starter. I say as long as we get a backup PF that brings what PPatt lacks we should be okay for now.

Comment

2Pats between JV and Carroll also makes him a better rebounder. Last year he and TH got pushed around a lot since 2Pats becomes the defacto C
                        That's very true as well. 2Pat and TH (if we resign him) getting to play their natural positions for once might actually help them a lot.

Comment

If we end up starting PPatt let's just hope that JV and Carroll's rebounding ability makes up for PPatt's.
                          Carroll will help on the boards but I don't think that the addition of him alone will fix the rebounding issues. If PPat starts, there will also be problems with scoring from the 2nd unit. And I don't know how PPat will be able to handle games against teams that play with traditional bigs. He isn't known for his strenght. Raptors need someone tougher, stronger, more aggressive.
                          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

That's very true as well. 2Pat and TH (if we resign him) getting to play their natural positions for once might actually help them a lot.
                            I agree. I think 2Pat can be the starting PF on a good team, but he needs to play PF all the time (Biyombo is here now), and he needs a little bit of defence around him to help out (Carroll, Biyombo, hopefully JV)
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 2pat need to remain in the 2nd unit, he will be needed for offence, we need a rebounding defensively big to start who won't necessarily be asked to do much scoring, just scoring what comes their way, which is why I feel Gibson or faried are the best fit.

Comment

• I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out about a PF. We made the playoff without a "starting" PF and we have improved defense enormously everywhere else. I agree we need a PF, but you can't fill every large hole in 1 year of free agency. Plug the hole with some with better ankles and fill it for the future next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X