• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we get a PF yet?...okay just checking

my preferred PF

1.) Kenneth Faried

reasons

1.) Him and DeMarre can do each others hair.

2.) He has the potential to be a good defender

3.) that 4 year deal locking up a position at below average salary

4.) He can REBOUND

#2 on my list

Taj Gibson

1.) He's tough

2.) Reasonable salary for a guy that can start

3.) Short term deal allows for flexibility

3rd PF

Tristan Thompson

1.) He's Canadian

2.) He can offensive rebound like a mofo

3.) He's Canadian

4.) I make most of my decisions based on emotion and that's why I'm not GM
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I can't believe that you're using a player trying harder in a contract year as reason to reward him with a lavish contract.
      Its not that his going to work harder. Dd's effort is never in question. Its just extra motivation.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Its not that his going to work harder. Dd's effort is never in question. Its just extra motivation.
        Oh I'd say his effort is VERY questionable.

Consistently settles for poor shots on offense instead of trying harder to create a better look.

Lapses on defense and barely tries to recover when he gets beat (which happens all the time because he has the worst lateral quicks of any starting SG)

I would call that piss-poor effort.

Comment

Please lets not compare Harden's free throw ability to JV's. By using your eye test do you really see JV foul rate progressing like Harden's?
          See, though, his foul rate (per FGA) didn't change. That's the whole point.

And I'm not saying JV is as good as Harden in drawing free throws. I'm saying he is about as good as DeMar, and using Harden as an example to show that dramatically increased usage doesn't necessarily mean a decrease in foul rate.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Why do people pick on Demar so much? Lowry, GV, and Lou were all rather inefficient last year. They all took terrible shots, it wasn't just Demar. And no, they didn't bring so much other shit to the table as to forgive them their inefficiencies. Lowry took some charges, that's about it. Defensively, he was a sieve, conceding career nights to back up PG's far too often. I just don't get why he gets off the hook around here.

In any event, the only players in the NBA that could be efficient in Demar's role on this Raps team are superstars. Harden, Curry, and Durant perhaps. I would bet LBJ's efficiency would be similar to what it was in the finals...not that great really. Hard to be efficient in a ISO heavy offence without really good outlets and support. Without Love and Irving, LBJ's efficiency dropped. Westbrook, I believe, took a hit without Durant.

Point is, it's very difficult to be efficient when the team plays the way it does. Also, I just don't get why some constantly shit on this guy simply because, from what I can tell, he is not a superstar. He, as far as I'm concerned, has exceeded all expectations of him coming into the league. I think he deserves a pat on the back and some respect for that. Not really Demar's fault that he has been groomed and developed the way he has. I don't get it, with all the freedom he has had developmentally, are we expecting him to be even better than he is, despite the fact that expectations were relatively low coming into the league? Christ, he couldn't shoot at all, barely dribble, but despite all the progress he's shitty because he can't hit 3's at league average rate or make plays like a top tier point guard. He has his faults, and he certainly can improve, but I think many shit on him for very wrong reasons.
            no was praising the others for their piss poor style of play either.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              See, though, his foul rate (per FGA) didn't change. That's the whole point.

And I'm not saying JV is as good as Harden in drawing free throws. I'm saying he is about as good as DeMar, and using Harden as an example to show that dramatically increased usage doesn't necessarily mean a decrease in foul rate.
              Yeah tbh I think FT Rate can be maintained pretty easily with an increase in usage.

I still hold out some hope that JV might actually be the star the Raps have been looking for this whole time and just hasn't been given the opportunity to show it.

Guys like Paul George, Jimmy Butler, even Harden needed those touches and that opportunity to really show what they were fully capable of. Until JV gets that the jury is out imo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                This is the core of your argument, I think, and it's a good one. Sacramento and Minnesota were numbers 1 and 3 in free throw attempt rate last year. They were 14th and 25th in Oratg and generally not good teams.

Golden State was 26th in free throw attempt rate, 2nd in Oratg, and won the championship.

You have to think about the cost of getting those free throws. Are you forcing contested jumpers to get those free throws? Is that preventing ball movement? Notice who else is on this list with DeMar... Rudy from Sacramento, Lou, and three TWolves.

The act of shooting free throws may be efficient but I don't think from a team perspective it's any sort of vital strategy.
                Really interesting post +1
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  we get a PF yet?...okay just checking

my preferred PF

1.) Kenneth Faried

reasons

1.) Him and DeMarre can do each others hair.

2.) He has the potential to be a good defender

3.) that 4 year deal locking up a position at below average salary

4.) He can REBOUND

#2 on my list

Taj Gibson

1.) He's tough

2.) Reasonable salary for a guy that can start

3.) Short term deal allows for flexibility

3rd PF

Tristan Thompson

1.) He's Canadian

2.) He can offensive rebound like a mofo

3.) He's Canadian

4.) I make most of my decisions based on emotion and that's why I'm not GM
                  I liked Taj Gibson as a stopgap option -- assuming the Bulls wanted to drop his salary on us -- but now we have no cap space.

You make a convincing argument about Faried's hair.

Comment

Lol, seriously, if he isn't paying you, he really should be.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I've been watching this Ndour fellow play at SL we should shoot a camp invite his way
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Fixed

Fucking autocorrect
                        Mack, who made your avatar, it's fucking awesome

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                          Really interesting post +1
                          Recently some teams made it a defensive focus not to foul. They don't try to block shots or reach in for steals but stay down and grab rebounds.

Comment

• Am I dreaming?

JWash is arguing for DeMar being traded (for a good return)?

Are you being sarcastic? I have a bad feeling you're being sarcastic.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Am I dreaming?

A meteor struck his head this morning... he hasnt come to his own senses yet.

for the betterment of RR I hope he never does.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                Am I dreaming?

There was another former poster who had many different handles who use to do the same kind of dramatic reversals of opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X