Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katman wrote: View Post
    I'd prefer to use the knicks pick for a PF
    This makes a lot of sense... We should be inside the top 10 but you never know for certain. Still a far better option than taking a flyer on Markief Morris.

Guy is a more than a bit of loose cannon.

- Let the league in techs last year with 15. Did you see the meltdown on the sidelines with Hornaceck when the Raps played them at home last year ?
    - Not great at the 3... ~ 30-32%
    - Pretty petulantly calls out his team for trading his brother and wants to take his rattle and go anywhere else now.
    - Played his college ball at Kansas which is the equivalent of Florida State football for programs that take talent regardless of character ( Beasly went there... Chalmers ... there are more.. this year its Cliff Alexander who is having eligibility issues)

Nah.. take a wide berth pass on this assmuppet ... far better odds in the draft on talent and character.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Nah.. take a wide berth pass on this assmuppet ... far better odds in the draft on talent and character.
      Well the Raptors do have players like Kyle Lowry and James Johnson who were difficult to deal with when they were younger but they came around. However having said that I can see Morris will be having issues with Casey's rotation, usage and minutes to what he was accustom to in Phoenix and any distraction or disruption will hurt this team who lost much of their confidence last season.

Comment

• People grow up, and if you trade JJ + TRoss + Bebe for Markieff + TJWarren that would work for everyone. If Bledsoe was to be traded Phoenix would require a SG and maybe we provide BeBe as well. You are trading for $10.16 Million in salary cap. I am talking about the Morris Brothers growing up and start acting more mature.
        Last edited by Heatdreamer; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          People grow up, and if you trade JJ + TRoss + Bebe for Markieff + TJWarren that would work for everyone. If Bledsoe was to be traded Phoenix would require a SG and maybe we provide BeBe as well. You are trading for $10.16 Million in salary cap.
          So, we'd have zero depth at SG and be really thin at SF in exchange for a 3rd PF. Awesome.

Doesn't Phoenix need a PF in any deal for Morris? I just don't see us being a very good trade partner for them.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Well the Raptors do have players like Kyle Lowry and James Johnson who were difficult to deal with when they were younger but they came around. However having said that I can see Morris will be having issues with Casey's rotation, usage and minutes to what he was accustom to in Phoenix and any distraction or disruption will hurt this team who lost much of their confidence last season.
            Agree that Kyle and JJ had some authority issues when they were younger..
            However Morris has a felony assualt charge to face up to.
            Yes I know innocent until proven guilty..
            Just me being me but taking on Markief is like kicking a dead skunk. There is always a chance that nothing will happen...but why would you even take the chance.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 07:14 PM. Reason: edit out an extra to
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              This makes no sense to me, it's the classic "no one will sign here" mantra. Horford is way fucking better than Tristan, we should absolutely go after him first. We're a solid playoff team, probably top 3 in the conference, and Horford would be a fantastic fit. No reason he wouldn't sign here (his teammate Carroll just did), and lots of reasons he would (no more playing C, perfect compliment to JV).

Also, it's not like those 20+ teams will be sleeping on Tristan and just forget about him. You're not going to sneak in and sign Tristan Thompson before anyone knows what's going on. Not to mention Tristan is not a starting caliber PF. He can't do anything on offense and would be an awful fit next to JV. He's an 8 and 8 off the bench guy. Let someone else overpay him.

If Tristan truly did sign the QO ( it is currently just a threat from his agent, hasn't signed it yet), he wouldn't have bird rights. Absolutely no reason to trade for him, and no reason for Cleveland to trade him. Cleveland would just make their title run this year while paying Tristan $6.8M, which is appropriate for a backup PF. TT wants starter money but he's not ever going to start over Love.
              Its cool to say that we should shoot for the best pf in free agency, but the bottom line is that even if we make a good impression and are his second choice we still dont have a pf. With all the competition for Horford it will be cery difficult to get him. Dont forget that if we keep jv we wont be able to keep dd and horford whoch makes our roster look a bit worse for Horford. Yes people will be after TT as well, but as you say we have a pretty good roster and TT has shown interest in the raps before. If we do make this choice for jv instead of dd then i think it makes since to put people around him of a similar age.

Yes tt is limited offensely but that doesn't mean that he isnt a good starter. He is an elite rebounder, a versitille defender and a great finisher around the rim. He is a good option if we ever choose to go small as a center for a few minutes. He will also cost less than dd or Horford so we would still have money available.

Keep in mind that Carroll is still just a role player, who scored about 12 ppg mostly as a result from great ball movement. if you really think you can get a kd or Horford next year thwn go for it, but if we come up short we may miss out on other guys and give up some valuable pieces.

Comment

• We have a sweet sweet pick that everyone is forgetting about ...a top 10 rookie and a rookie scale deal.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Its cool to say that we should shoot for the best pf in free agency, but the bottom line is that even if we make a good impression and are his second choice we still dont have a pf. With all the competition for Horford it will be cery difficult to get him. Dont forget that if we keep jv we wont be able to keep dd and horford whoch makes our roster look a bit worse for Horford. Yes people will be after TT as well, but as you say we have a pretty good roster and TT has shown interest in the raps before. If we do make this choice for jv instead of dd then i think it makes since to put people around him of a similar age.

Yes tt is limited offensely but that doesn't mean that he isnt a good starter. He is an elite rebounder, a versitille defender and a great finisher around the rim. He is a good option if we ever choose to go small as a center for a few minutes. He will also cost less than dd or Horford so we would still have money available.

Keep in mind that Carroll is still just a role player, who scored about 12 ppg mostly as a result from great ball movement. if you really think you can get a kd or Horford next year thwn go for it, but if we come up short we may miss out on other guys and give up some valuable pieces.
                  The drop off in play from Horford to TT is massive, but the drop off in cost is barely anything. TT wants a 5 year $96M deal right now, so he thinks he's worth $20M per year. Horford's new deal would be in the $20-$25 range. If we strike out on Horford I'd rather stick with PPat at PF and use one of our draft picks on a PF then waste $20M on TT. Maybe TT shows some major improvements in his game this year and my tune changes, but if we had the chance to sign him right now for what he wants I would say hell no.

Comment

• Markieff Morris becomes more and more intriguing to me by the day
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• All I want for Xmas is....
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Markieff Morris becomes more and more intriguing to me by the day
                          If we can get him for super cheap, why not add more talent to the team that needs it?
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                            If we can get him for super cheap, why not add more talent to the team that needs it?
                            Because as a felon he could only play road games.

Comment

• I really like Markieff for the right price. Would be a bonus if we kept PPat for depth but I don't see that happening.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Because as a felon he could only play road games.
                                good point
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X