Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Ask Lou Will what MU's words really mean
    When did Masai say he wanted to extend Lou? I remember Lou saying he wanted to be back. I don't remember Masai saying out right he wanted to resign Lou. If you have a quote and a link please share.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Derozan getting the max isn't a worst case scenario. It's a best-case scenario .... if he can earn it.
      sure,if he becomes lebron this season then why not.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        sure,if he becomes lebron this season then why not.
        Even then I'd be worried if he could duplicate it or not.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Even then I'd be worried if he could duplicate it or not.
          Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.
            Fool Masai, apocalypse?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Fool Masai, apocalypse?
              Masai only fools.
              Never the foolee.
              Ask Lou.
              Greivis too.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                I'd gladly give him his max extension too. $11.3M would be great value.
                Exactly.

Masai was asked by Bryan about extension talks with DeMar and he hit the question right out of the ball park.

"If DeMar wants an extension, I'll give it to him right now at this second," said Ujiri. He continued on to say it didn't make sense for DeRozan, as Ujiri thinks he is worth way more than what he can give him with the extension.

http://www.vavel.com/en-us/nba/54741...right-now.html

Even I would give DeMar an extenstion right now.

He would have to opt in to his $9.5M player option.

Then he would have to sign 2 more years at around $11-12M per.

Now once that was done, I'd be looking to trade him at first opportunity but even I see a little bit of value in DD at a contract that is actually less than his current deal with 2016 beyond CBA dollars.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

• Idk if this has been posted yet but PP gives a lot of insight in what has improved with the players. Like he talks about how JV has worked on the perimeter, offensive skills, etc.. DD improving 3 point shot and becoming more of a leader and offensive skills… as well as what to expect from new comers… like BB's defensive skills + working on a post game… Bennett's 3 point shooting, athleticism, and dunking ability, etc… Really solid interview by 2pat.

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Exactly.

Now once that was done, I'd be looking to trade him at first opportunity but even I see a little bit of value in DD at a contract that is actually less than his current deal with 2016 beyond CBA dollars.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why people are taking this "Oh Masai says he would extend him now," talk seriously, it would be a bargain if we were able to extend DeMar for 2+ years at $12M a year. That's why Masai's saying he would extend him now, he'd be getting him on a damn good value contract.

I mean if most people agree that somewhere ~$15M-$20M/yr is fair value for DeMar, then extending him now would be a no-brainer.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                      Idk if this has been posted yet but PP gives a lot of insight in what has improved with the players. Like he talks about how JV has worked on the perimeter, offensive skills, etc.. DD improving 3 point shot and becoming more of a leader and offensive skills… as well as what to expect from new comers… like BB's defensive skills + working on a post game… Bennett's 3 point shooting, athleticism, and dunking ability, etc… Really solid interview by 2pat.

Thank you Patrick! It's still mostly platitudes, but it was great to hear the rundown, player by player. Interesting that DeMar with newfound dedication to vocal leadership. This team needs a voice and it should start and end with DeMar and Kyle, DeMar. Next step - walking the walk as a veteran leader. Biyombo with the post-moves - I love it.

Pretty good questions too, except for the guy who fumbled his humbled question.

Comment

• That statement from Ujiri paraphrases as:

"I fully expect DD to wait until next summer so he can try and get as much money as he can, so there is no point talking until that point"

End of story. Ujiri will set his price and DD will take it or no longer be a Raptor

Comment

Exactly.

If he opts in he is stuck with 10.5M, 11.3M, 12.1M over the next three years after this season.

If he opts out, he can take 11.3M, 12.1M, 13.0M over the next three years after this season. He's better off opting out if he signs an extension.

But the point stands that he never would even consider it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Very smooth from 2Pat. Hmm ...

Comment

• Love what JV says at the end here. "Coach Andy brought some new stuff defensively I'm more familiar with..."

First rock solid evidence of a conservative defensive scheme definitely being implemented.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Love what JV says at the end here. "Coach Andy brought some new stuff defensively I'm more familiar with..."

First rock solid evidence of a conservative defensive scheme definitely being implemented.
                                Former Bulls assistant handling the defense sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X