Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    He'd play about 40mins on this team

Casey is probably begging MU right now to get this guy.
    Contract aside, why wouldn't you want a guy that can defend, hit 3's, brings toughness and some veteran leadership to the team?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Doc Rivers isn't a very good GM. He traded his floor spacing C and SF to add a ball handling SG to play either next to or behind Paul. He somehow created three holes trading 2 for 1
      Hawes hardly played in the playoffs, so that was not big loss. Why he traded Barnes though is a good question. Lance is a better scorer...

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        hard to question the "will and desire" of a player who gets yanked off the floor whenever he makes a mistake
        Really? Terrence Ross has been given every opportunity in the world to succeed but he simply isn't a good enough player. The guy got a battlefield promotion to the starting lineup two years ago and was handed the starting job this year. He was so awful they couldn't keep him on the floor. I have no idea about his will and desire and I don't think it's fair to question that but I also don't think it's fair to blame the coaching staff for the fact that Ross isn't that good.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          I'd love Barnes on this team. Doubt he signs with Toronto.
          didn't we try to sign him once, and he agreed to sign here, but it didn't go through because BC miscalculated and it would have been an illegal signing.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Hawes hardly played in the playoffs, so that was not big loss. Why he traded Barnes though is a good question. Lance is a better scorer...
            cause Doc & Barnes have a JJ & Casey type locker room relationship in LA. merging some articles on the trade "The clippers have been trying to upgrade the wing since Doc came to LA and Barnes has been the subject of several trades through his two seasons in LA" and "Barnes' on-court temper and penchant for getting fined, however, constantly irked head coach and president of basketball operations Doc Rivers, who has been looking to deal Barnes for about two years."

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              And what would Biyombo do for the Raps? Backup the 5? He has no offense so Casey is unlikely to play him. His only statistically respected talented is blocks/per. What would be the motivation? They could get better, for the league minimum.
              TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              I also hate the idea of getting Biyombo...while he is a younger player he is soooo one dimensional its not even funny. He will never develop that offensive game. He is a decent rebounder and decent defender but he wont ever be an all defensive player. He is also undersized for a center.
              Backup 5 is excatly what he would do for the Raps, at only 22, you can't say he won't ever develop into an all defensive player...in limited playing time his defensive numbers have been elite (Per 36 avg of 12rbs, 3blks a game), He is 6'9 with a 7'7 wingspan and athletic as hell. We have a clear need for improved rebounding and rim protection and with this Hornets trade, he will be available at a good contract as they have no reason to match. Casey's offensive is guard and small ball oriented, we wouldn't need him for offence, Best case scenario he develops into a Ben Wallace (another defence only 6'9 C), Worst case he's another Tyler Hansborough.
              Last edited by RepTdot; Tue Jun 16, 2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• there are few players in the league i hate more than Barnes
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                  didn't we try to sign him once, and he agreed to sign here, but it didn't go through because BC miscalculated and it would have been an illegal signing.
                  Hmm, Dan's comment makes more sense now

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Really? Terrence Ross has been given every opportunity in the world to succeed but he simply isn't a good enough player. The guy got a battlefield promotion to the starting lineup two years ago and was handed the starting job this year. He was so awful they couldn't keep him on the floor. I have no idea about his will and desire and I don't think it's fair to question that but I also don't think it's fair to blame the coaching staff for the fact that Ross isn't that good.
                    You see time and time again players who exhibit their will and desire by getting stronger, developing their skill set and, most of all, play with a sense of both in fighting for rebounds, defending, getting up and down the floor and generally hustling. T-Ross doesn't play with any of that vigor, so I don't think it's unfair to question how much he wants it and whether or not he's really putting his best foot forward after this much opportunity to show out.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      no
                      Ditto.

Comment

• let's be real here, the only reason he was starting was because of lack of better options. casey hates JJ, so that wasn't happening. Fields? nope. Bruno? LOL. so yeah, that's why he was starting.

i know everyone expected Ross to be the next big shooting guard with his athleticism and the dunk contests and everything but you're looking at a guy who's a shooter who should be creating space for guys like DD and Lowry to dribble for 20 seconds and take a jumper. his defense wasn't good this year, no kidding. but who's was on this team? Ross is scapegoat for many here on this wretched season despite being the 4th option on offense at best. makes no sense.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          These kind of acquisition suggestions are the reason why some people feel like others aren't really trying to make this team a contender.

Signing Matt Barnes does nothing for this team other than give Casey yet another vet to play 35 mins a game (with probably 20-25 of those minutes being at power forward) while taking away the chance to develop a young player.

I am of the belief that if you are not a title contender, you should be giving your young guys as many minutes as possible even at the cost of a few wins. You are not going to beat teams like Cleveland, Golden State or a healthy OKC anyway so you might as well focus on bringing your young guys to peak potential.

Signing a 36 year old Matt Barnes just doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make the team better. He's not a young guy who's going to improve. He has a track record as a locker room hazard. No, no and fucking no!

Sick and tired of seeing this kind of crap being suggested. I'm not for a tank/rebuild or a retool, I'll take whatever Masai wants to do. But this kind of garbage is something I'll never support. I'd rather trade for a Mo Harkless type and see what he can do at the 3 rather than letting Matt Barnes soak up minutes there.
                          Applaud, I completely agree.

However, I think Casey is of the mindset that feels we are contenders and feels every game is a must win so our guys will never get developed properly under his tutelage. Its unfortunate but this is how it'll go down this season, and the next, until he's gone.

The only reason he's still our coach is because of his win record, this years and last years. If he didn't have this advantage of having the most wins in a season for a raptor's head coach than he'd have been fired immediately. Or maybe not Idk. He has a strong relationship with Masai, it seems. This is helping him keep his job too, i would presume.

Those phoney journalists, those pawns, on the Raps payroll arguing for the status quo of coaching to continue don't help either.
                          Last edited by BS10; Tue Jun 16, 2015, 02:05 PM.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• What if, we sign him, he and Casey butt heads, and that leads to the departure of both Barnes and Casey.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              let's be real here, the only reason he was starting was because of lack of better options. casey hates JJ, so that wasn't happening. Fields? nope. Bruno? LOL. so yeah, that's why he was starting.

i know everyone expected Ross to be the next big shooting guard with his athleticism and the dunk contests and everything but you're looking at a guy who's a shooter who should be creating space for guys like DD and Lowry to dribble for 20 seconds and take a jumper. his defense wasn't good this year, no kidding. but who's was on this team? Ross is scapegoat for many here on this wretched season despite being the 4th option on offense at best. makes no sense.
                              He was passable in his second season and then regressed in his third. This isn't just laying blame in a knee-jerk re-action to a disappointing season and using him as a scapegoat. There are many obvious reasons the team didn't take a step last year and he's definitely one of them.

It doesn't matter if you're the 4th option, there are many ways to make your presence known when you're on the court and he hasn't adjusted his game to making the hustle plays that many valuable 4th options make.

Comment

• After all speculation here is the real question Faried or TT

If you had to chose. Both have some serious disadvantages and advantages. Some of them are the same. They are both young. Faried was on team USA. TT is a double double machine.
                                The question is who would you take, either via trade or signing and why. Keep in mind while we could trade for Faried, TT will take up more cap room.... think $15 mil. Unless there is a sign and trade somehow available for Amir or something I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X