2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    David Lee is apparently going to available. Wonder where he goes?

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...rriors-sources
    Santa Cruz Warriors?

Comment

• ^^^ Same article about Lee had this:
      "Sources say Golden State is determined to match any offer that comes for Green in restricted free agency and also intend to discuss a contract extension with forward Harrison Barnes, which only increases the likelihood that Lee moves on."

Comment

• So it seems like we will have a very tough time in getting Green and Barns.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          So it seems like we will have a very tough time in getting Green and Barns.
          You had thought otherwise?
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            You had thought otherwise?
            Actually I did not I think it will be next to impossible get these two and middelton unless we give Middelton max money.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              Actually I did not I think it will be next to impossible get these two and middelton unless we give Middelton max money.
              The realistic outlook is none of those guys are leaving their current team. Absolute pipe dream. The only thing possibly holding back Milwaukee from matching Middleton was Ilyasova's contract, which they salary dumped, so yeah, move on to the next guys (Danny Green!).

Comment

• Did everyone see the news about Butler wanting a short term contract so he can re-up under the new cap? Basically wants a 3 year max deal with a player option in year 3 when the cap jumps to $100+M. I suspect someone like the Lakers will give him the offer so he can sign it and Chicago is forced to match a contract shorter than they'd like. With the much reduced 3 day signing period, a team can build some serious goodwill with Butler by helping him to get a shorter contract.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Did everyone see the news about Butler wanting a short term contract so he can re-up under the new cap? Basically wants a 3 year max deal with a player option in year 3 when the cap jumps to $100+M. I suspect someone like the Lakers will give him the offer so he can sign it and Chicago is forced to match a contract shorter than they'd like. With the much reduced 3 day signing period, a team can build some serious goodwill with Butler by helping him to get a shorter contract.
                  He's betting on himself.

It'll be a smart move if it pays off.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    He's betting on himself.

It'll be a smart move if it pays off.
                    I think it's a no brainer for him. Barring injury he'll get a lot more than he would by signing a 5 year max deal with the Bulls. If he does get injured in an irreparable way, he still gets 3 years max money which isn't so bad.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      2P% 47 3p%37 ft% 80 along with 4 rebounds and a couple of assists and a steal per game and 13.1 pts per game. Which in Euroleague that is high with the way the ball moves and the load is shared
                      Nando put up better stats and we have his rights. If we're gonna bring in someone from Europe, it should be Nando.

Comment

• Why do we even call him Sonny Weems? His real name is Clarence
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Did everyone see the news about Butler wanting a short term contract so he can re-up under the new cap? Basically wants a 3 year max deal with a player option in year 3 when the cap jumps to $100+M. I suspect someone like the Lakers will give him the offer so he can sign it and Chicago is forced to match a contract shorter than they'd like. With the much reduced 3 day signing period, a team can build some serious goodwill with Butler by helping him to get a shorter contract.
                          There is that.

But if Chicago offers him a full 5 year max with no options no bonuses... THE MAX... then any offer sheet Chicago matches will be automatic 3 years.... no player or team option in year 3.

I read that from someone reputable in last couple of days.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Why do we even call him Sonny Weems? His real name is Clarence
                            I'm sorry what did you say "Mack11"?
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nando put up better stats and we have his rights. If we're gonna bring in someone from Europe, it should be Nando.
                              I want him back as well...and I want Grevis out...
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                There is that.

But if Chicago offers him a full 5 year max with no options no bonuses... THE MAX... then any offer sheet Chicago matches will be automatic 3 years.... no player or team option in year 3.

I read that from someone reputable in last couple of days.
                                You are correct. From Larry Coon's NBA FAQ:

When a restricted free agent wants to sign with another team, the player and team sign an offer sheet, the principal terms of which the original team is given three days to match.4 The offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years). If the player's prior team also submitted a maximum qualifying offer, then the offer sheet must be for at least three seasons (not including option years).

Comment

Working...
                                X