No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draymond Green, in a simple choice of players. But the way the season has gone, there is zero chance GSW let him go.

So, Middleton, as I think a max deal pries him away from the Bucks.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I havent watched a single Bucks game all year...why is everyone so high on Middleton?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        I havent watched a single Bucks game all year...why is everyone so high on Middleton?
        He's good at basketball. :P

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          As you noted Green is the better choice imo. I haven't researched the cap situations of either GSW or Mil. but this would come into play if either team were up against it. Mil. has already made the requisite statement that they will match on Middleton but Green will be a hard get as well...he is a favourite of Kerr's and I believe they would rather lose some other asset than Green. Lastly, there will be other suitors. A pessimistic outlook I am afraid.
          Green isn't coming to Toronto. Middleton might if we massively overpay.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            He's a very good two way player - RPM ranks him as one of the elite defenders in the league. Plus he's been pretty good offensively on a Bucks team with few other options.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              As you noted Green is the better choice imo. I haven't researched the cap situations of either GSW or Mil. but this would come into play if either team were up against it. Mil. has already made the requisite statement that they will match on Middleton but Green will be a hard get as well...he is a favourite of Kerr's and I believe they would rather lose some other asset than Green. Lastly, there will be other suitors. A pessimistic outlook I am afraid.
              Good analysis. GSW will pay GReen, but it may cost them H. Barnes.
              My choice is Middleton. Mil will probably match. Our next option D. Carrol (ATL).

Comment

Only issue I have with Middleton is unless Masai can dump Greivis or Terrence, we'll have nearly no cap space to fill out the roster. If we give him 14M then we'd have 3M in cap space to sign someone else and the 3.2M exception. (In comparison, Hans made 3M this season)

Depth chart would be:
                Lowry/Vasquez
                Demar/Ross
                Middleton/JJ/Bruno
                Patterson
                JV/Bebe

And our rookie and two 3M guys, our starting five becomes better but I feel our bench suffers a lot, and we'll have to heavily rely on PPat

Comment

Potential targets with the 3M deals, I think we'd definitely be taking two bigs, as our big situation would be very weak, draft a PG and sign one of Ed Davis, Thomas Robinson, Andray Blatche or Hans and one of Kosta Koufas, Javale Mcgee or Kevin Seraphin

Still not too confident with:

Lowry/Vasquez/Lucas
                  Demar/Ross/Daniels
                  Middleton/JJ/Bruno
                  PPat/Robinson
                  JV/Seraphin/Bebe

Comment

Can we ask the MOD to delete this post?

Comment

How about their hybrid? Aka Bruno (if developed properly)

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        How about their hybrid? Aka Bruno (if developed properly)
                        We would still need one PF or SF, depending on which Bruno becomes. So, uh, sign one of them anyways?

Comment

Middleton

Comment

Green needs to be really open to be effective offensively. IMHO Middleton is more well rounded but a smaller defender

Comment

Al Farouq Aminu

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Al Farouq Aminu
                                Lots of needless overlap with JJ

Comment

Working...
                                X